Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-04-2022, 07:56 AM
Master
QUOTE 7 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

personally I'm grateful for the fact God saw fit to push people like me down instead of letting us gain any sense of 'control'. As I no longer see either equality or being ahead as good choices for me but would have blithely ignored that fact but for the grace of god.

Your post is very revealing about your own personal tendencies which you seem to know quite well.

It's an interesting viewpoint and you seem very comfortable with the unequal status of women in religions.

Obviously, I don't share your opinion but I want to thank you for sharing your very interesting perspective on the subject of male-female equality.
Old 13-04-2022, 09:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Well put, sky ! The cultural bias of the scribes does indeed seem to have influenced their perception of the "Word of God".

I wonder what was on the Scribes mind when He wrote,
' Thou shalt commit adultery '. Exodus 20:14
KJV published in 1631.
The one who Commissioned the Version certainly followed this Command-ment
Old 13-04-2022, 02:38 PM
Master
I attended a Baha'i Fireside Chat recently (via zoom) where it was mentioned that women should have access to the "highest levels" in society.

But...

The International House of Justice, the "highest level" in the Baha'i hierarchy, is "male only".

Actions speak louder than words. The rhetoric, however, is at least a step in the direction of male-female equality at the "highest levels" in society.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 13-04-2022 at 04:14 PM.
Old 13-04-2022, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I wonder what was on the Scribes mind when He wrote,
' Thou shalt commit adultery '. Exodus 20:14
KJV published in 1631.
Where did you get that translation?
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Exodus%2020:14
Old 13-04-2022, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Where did you get that translation?
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Exodus%2020:14

It is an error in a reprint of the KJV which was later noticed and most copies recalled and destroyed under the orders of Charles1......
Was it the Scribes fault or the Printers, the Printer got the blame but who knows, mybe the Scribe had other things on His mind which interfered with what He thought and what He was surposed to think regarding adultery lol......

' King Charles1 was not amused by the ‘Wicked Bible'
Old 14-04-2022, 12:57 PM
Master
QUOTE 15 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
' King Charles1 was not amused by the ‘Wicked Bible'
That's an interesting story and I'm sure that King Charles I was not amused.

One does wonder whether such things are "Freudian slips" or just a transcription error in omitting one word ... a very important "NOT" word.
Old 14-04-2022, 09:16 PM
Ghaleon

Because they are Sky God belief systems (religion) and they are patriarchal!
Old 14-04-2022, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon
Because they are Sky God belief systems (religion) and they are patriarchal!

Could you elaborate further on the "Sky God belief systems" being patriarchal ?
Old 15-04-2022, 12:20 PM
Master
Religions are made by people and in most cultures, the men have taken positions of leadership. Religions are hierarchical by nature so that means human leaders are elevated. It's not just in the Abrahamic religions either, in Dharmic religions they believe men have the superior 'karma'.
Old 15-04-2022, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Religions are made by people and in most cultures, the men have taken positions of leadership. Religions are hierarchical by nature so that means human leaders are elevated. It's not just in the Abrahamic religions either, in Dharmic religions they believe men have the superior 'karma'.

In Hinduism, the trinity is male-female (Brahma-Sarasvati, Vishnu-Lakshmi, Shiva-Parvati/Durga/Kali). My spiritual mentor for over 30 years was the first female Mahamandeleswara in the orders of Shankara. The heads of the orders, however, were all male with Mahamandeleshwara being the second level in the hierarchy. She successfully argued that, based on the trinity being paired as male-female, the order should be similarly paired and the position of parvacharya was thus created. (She debated the subject of male-female equality nationally and the public response was overwhelmingly 90% supportive of her position.)

If my memory is correct, Buddha initially created an order of all-male monks but eventually established a second but equal order of female monks. The same applies to Ramakrishna/Vivekananda.

While males do intend to dominate most hierarchical structures, as you duly noted, the male hierarchical dominance still seems (at least to me) more rigid in the Abrahamic religions than in the Dharma Religions (as you refer to them).