Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 20-10-2018, 08:48 AM
Guide

Hi, sorry to hear about your situation.

Have you looked into Dialectic Behavior Therapy, or a Dialectic Behavior Therapist?
Old 20-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Guide

What about a used book store job? Where you're mainly filing books..it may be a little more louder than a library, but the one I go to, people still tend to be fairly quiet.

I also found a site online just the other day, where you list your qualifications, and you can do pet house sitting - walk dogs - look after other animals - or care for seniors (doing things for them around and outside of the home) references, and security clearance, and possibility of certifications, which some can be done online.. I am not sure where you are, and if this is a site or something similar for your location - this one is care dot com

I also just came by a government funded program, that teaches you the skills for a chosen trade, perhaps there are programs where you are like this? In places you never thought to look - outside of where you might look for work. Trades typically can be chaotic, but some are not, and it might be in quieter setting's, and if you worked for another and contracted out or under them, you may never HAVE to even use a phone- they might contact you via email instead.

For night job suggestions: snow removal, security technician, apparently they make a killing. It could be done in the day, but dependent on the jobs picked up, one can work at night, too. I don't see myself being skilled in this area, but I've just found a friend willing to take the time to show me.

A night baker.

Working in a warehouse facility - sorting, or a post office - if you're in a larger city, or near a "Hub" for many cities..

Apparently Geologists can have the opportunity to work graveyard shifts sitting in an office by themselves, working on a computer.

Probably not the best bet, as this is customer based & you'd have to talk on a head set, but I have found you can do it out of your home, on your own time, mainly nights - there is a place where I live - a large pizza company actually that hires every once in awhile for operators - you choose your hours - not sure if it is based on the number of calls & the ability to up a sale. You must have a high speed connection, and be able to use their software - I didn't have that software available to me, but there are a lot of programs online to convert what I had.

Selling crafts and what have you on etsy, or similar sites. Or making your own youtube channel, you don't even have to show your face, and can choose to not allow comments.

Yes, I have had VERY similar issue's in my life. Life is very painful due to it. I have worked hard to get where I am now, but my health started to unravel again this year causing panic attacks just about daily for about 2-3 months- upon waking, and driving. I had to push through and learn to over come some of my issue's for survival. It wasn't easy at all. I cried just about daily for about a year in a half at my first crazy hectic atmosphere job back into working society - that was 8.5 years ago. I didn't talk to people for about the first 5 of those years, nor could I look people in the eye for the first 3 years. I would like to leave my experiences there.
Old 20-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
What about a used book store job?
Now THAT would put me to sleep. Musty dark book store, sleepy warm afternoon, people quietly tiptoeing about... zzzzzz.
Old 20-10-2018, 02:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
Hi, sorry to hear about your situation.

Have you looked into Dialectic Behavior Therapy, or a Dialectic Behavior Therapist?

I'm not into any type of medical work, or anything that requires having to go to college.
Old 20-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Knower
Quote:
What about a used book store job? Where you're mainly filing books..it may be a little more louder than a library, but the one I go to, people still tend to be fairly quiet.

That would be perfect, yeah...as soon as I moved into my town like the 2nd day I went to the bookstore and asked if I could work there, but it's a small one and the guy runs it with his wife so they don't need any help. The next nearest book store is an hour away, i'm not driving that far to work in the winter with no 4-wheel drive, also the ABS is out on my car so I can't stop on snow. Any job I get will have to be in town and this town doesn't have much to pick from, we're kinda small and in the middle of nowhere.

Quote:
I also found a site online just the other day, where you list your qualifications, and you can do pet house sitting - walk dogs - look after other animals - or care for seniors (doing things for them around and outside of the home) references, and security clearance, and possibility of certifications, which some can be done online.. I am not sure where you are, and if this is a site or something similar for your location - this one is care dot com

I joined that site a few years ago but still have not seen a single job in my town or even in any of the next towns over. 99% of the jobs are over an hour away from me. I can barely stand dogs, and not into doing PCA type work, so that doesn't leave anything.

Quote:
I also just came by a government funded program, that teaches you the skills for a chosen trade, perhaps there are programs where you are like this? In places you never thought to look - outside of where you might look for work. Trades typically can be chaotic, but some are not, and it might be in quieter setting's, and if you worked for another and contracted out or under them, you may never HAVE to even use a phone- they might contact you via email instead.

There aren't many trades out there for women, besides nursing and office work, but so far I have never seen any office jobs with nighttime hours. And although I can type really fast, the jobs I see for offices all require customer service, talking on the phone, and having experience in an office setting.

Quote:
For night job suggestions: snow removal, security technician, apparently they make a killing. It could be done in the day, but dependent on the jobs picked up, one can work at night, too. I don't see myself being skilled in this area, but I've just found a friend willing to take the time to show me.

Snow removal would definitely not work, I can't stand cold and snow so much that that is one of the reasons why I want to do online work so I don't have to drive in snow. Plus i've shoveled my own driveway and it takes forever because I can barely lift the shovel once it gets snow on it, so I just push it along, but that doesn't really do much. What would security technican be? Like where you make sure nobody is breaking in and you walk around with a gun? lol That is not a job for a woman, or at least not a middle age petite woman like me.

Quote:
A night baker.

I really wish I was into baking. Baking actually requires more schooling than to be a chef. I was friends with a baker once and I was floored at how much they have to know, like you have to be good at math and I am horrible at math. But even though I cook, I am not into baking, the few times I tried it I was horrible at it, clumsy, slow, and my stuff didnt turn out, baking is really a science and it's hard to get good at it.

Quote:
Working in a warehouse facility - sorting, or a post office - if you're in a larger city, or near a "Hub" for many cities..

I am nowhere near a larger city, I mean we have a post office but their hours are mornings and I can't do mornings. The warehouse jobs I've seen all require you to drive a forklift and its loud and fast paced (I've worked in many factories...they are their own kind of miserable).

Quote:
Apparently Geologists can have the opportunity to work graveyard shifts sitting in an office by themselves, working on a computer.

That sounds great but i'm sure to become a geologist you have to go to years of college.

Quote:
Probably not the best bet, as this is customer based & you'd have to talk on a head set, but I have found you can do it out of your home, on your own time, mainly nights - there is a place where I live - a large pizza company actually that hires every once in awhile for operators - you choose your hours - not sure if it is based on the number of calls & the ability to up a sale. You must have a high speed connection, and be able to use their software - I didn't have that software available to me, but there are a lot of programs online to convert what I had.

Yeah that kind of job sounds like a nightmare to me.

Quote:
Selling crafts and what have you on etsy, or similar sites.

I've tried making crafts and selling them as well as putting photos up on sites like that. I have a few sites with my photos up for sale for about 4 years now and havent sold anything, I even have a website and FB page for it. Then I learned nature photographers pretty much don't make any money from it. Every artist I know has another full time job. I tried making and selling a few other crafts like jewelry and bookmarks but that stuff is not much better than nature photography, you can find them anywhere so the competition is all over, plus I sucked at that stuff, lol

Quote:
Or making your own youtube channel, you don't even have to show your
face, and can choose to not allow comments.

I have thought about that many times, I just know not a lot of people make a full time living with videos, and the ones that do are huge, like they have a really big following plus they have a business, they don't just do videos.

I have discovered a few things that might work for me, affiliate marketing, retail arbitrage, social media managing, possibly organizing of some kind. I am still researching all those to see how possible they would be for me but so far they seem promising!
Old 20-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Guide

I'm not into any type of medical work, or anything that requires having to go to college.
Dialectic Therapy is not a job.

It is a type of therapy.
Old 20-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Master
Struggling to find work that fits me, issues with mental health

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani
I am seeing a therapist but it isn't helping me at all so i thought i'd get some feedback from people who might understand me.

I am an introvert and I have also been having some anxiety/mental issues regarding work. I have found that I am too sensitive, I find work draining and stressful no matter what job I have. I quit working 4 months ago but i will run out of money eventually so I've been trying to find another job but it is freaking me out not being able to find anything. I have have like 13 jobs in just the last 10 years.

I am seeing the therapist but like I said, that doesn't seem to be working out. I tell her how loud busy fast paced situations overwhelm me, my brain can't handle that much stimulation. I need calm in my life as much as possible, and it's very hard to find a job that can give me that. I also have a bit of social anxiety and a phone phobia so working in customer service and doing phone work is out of the question. So far she doesn't have an answer for me, she just says she feels for me and can see how i feel stuck right now.

Is there anyone else out there like me who has trouble finding work for these same reasons?

Hi AstraeaLunaAvani,

Seeing your post, especially how important calm in you life is to you, prompted me to google using the search string "stress free employment". I think you will find the result as Reference 1, both entertaining (i.e. uplifting) as well as informative (i.e. something to possibly use).

I am someone who has fortunately found employment with an established company that suits my needs financially, and which enables me to telework from my home. I wrote about this in reference 2.

Hope this helps, or can point you in an unexpected direction that meets your needs....

Reference: https://www.theclever.com/15-unbelie...-lot-of-money/

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...0&postcount=23
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 21-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
Dialectic Therapy is not a job.

It is a type of therapy.

Ohh...well I am going to therapy but it isn't called dialectic, not sure what that means.
Old 21-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Hi AstraeaLunaAvani,

Seeing your post, especially how important calm in you life is to you, prompted me to google using the search string "stress free employment". I think you will find the result as Reference 1, both entertaining (i.e. uplifting) as well as informative (i.e. something to possibly use).

I am someone who has fortunately found employment with an established company that suits my needs financially, and which enables me to telework from my home. I wrote about this in reference 2.

Hope this helps, or can point you in an unexpected direction that meets your needs....

Reference: https://www.theclever.com/15-unbelie...-lot-of-money/

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...0&postcount=23

Thanks for sharing those! I did find about 4 or 5 jobs in that article that sound good to me, just never seen any of those jobs in a small town or they didnt fit that description. I will research more into those and see what my options are!
Old 21-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Master
Struggling to find work that fits me, issues with mental health

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani
Thanks for sharing those! I did find about 4 or 5 jobs in that article that sound good to me, just never seen any of those jobs in a small town or they didnt fit that description. I will research more into those and see what my options are!

AstraeaLunaAvani,

....my pleasure! It occurred to me that doing the research yourself, is just as, if not more, satisfying than finding the position that meets your needs...because it shows you that YOU have the power to initiate and experience...

...your OWN CHOSEN DESTINY!

There is nothing more satisfying than that (except knowing that you can do it over and over again, at WILL!)

Now THAT'S feedback you can give yourself! Right?

Best of "pluck" to you!

PLUCK:
spirited and determined courage.
synonyms: courage, bravery, nerve, backbone, spine, daring, spirit, intrepidity, fearlessness, mettle, grit, true grit, determination, fortitude, resolve, stout-heartedness, dauntlessness, valor, heroism, audacity....

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6&postcount=63
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)