Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-08-2022, 07:28 PM
asearcher

Pregnancy & exes

Am I the only one who has felt weird when pregnancy is involved and meeting an ex?

While I was expecting I remember I bumped into my ex, and I met the baby of my father's ex and someone we both knew, too whilst I was in this condition. Both meetings did not last but some minutes that's all, but it has stayed on as these weird memories.

I could not get the first expression my first ex had, nor the father of my baby to be's ex, and then me going nice "Hi...!", you know. Just so awkward. I have no idea what my expression was like, maybe far worse than theirs, plastered smile.

The pregnancy was real visible at the time.

Am I too sensitive, I mean, is it me? or is this just weird? It has not been something I have ever talked about to anyone, just figure I would ask.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:29 PM
Master
Sounds like it had to do with your self-confidence. The answer to your question lies within you: why did you feel awkward in those situations as opposed to proud and happy?
Were you not really totally over this ex or what happened with them when still together? Did you feel shame or guilt, and if so, why?
That's the kind of question you should ask.
What kept you back from proudly walking around with your baby bump and meeting an ex who shouldn't have any influence over you (anymore)?
Old 07-08-2022, 06:50 AM
asearcher

No, it wasn't like that FairyCrystal, but thank you for your theory of what it could have been like.

I think I know what it was: It was a bunch of other things, that at the time had to do with the exes, not with me, (I did not have romantic feelings left for my ex, that had been our concern way before, they weren't returning but I still cared about him) and I felt that and that made it awkward.

I very much wanted to be a mom and couldn't wait to have our baby.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:37 AM
Master
I didn't mean you still had romantic feelings. Not being over someone yet doesn't necessarily mean that. As long as you haven't properly healed from a relationship you aren't really over them yet.
Any kind of reaction that's undesired can be indicative of not completely being over someone yet. Like me thinking I was over my ex, then seeing him unexpectedly in my supermarket and being quite overwhelmed by it. It really hit me. And when I got home, I was angry and upset. And I didn't have any romantic feelings for him anymore.
It was a clear indication there was still something that I hadn't gotten over yet otherwise I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:01 PM
asearcher

I think I view to be over someone different than how you and you may very well not be alone reads into those words and that can be why there is a misunderstanding.

When I read over someone not over someone I read it as someone not being over someone romantically.

I think you can be over someone, but still have a trauma bond if you have either together or alone been the target of that and then that needs to be sorted out and you don't need the other person to do that, to bring you closure, but unfortunately I think some people think they stand without power to do that on their own, and so they have then still loaned out their own power to their ex to somehow be in charge of themselves getting closure and getting peace. They then need to reclaim their own stuff/power I think, to get to that place alone. I don't think one could rely on an ex no less to give us that, that is like saying they are still in charge of our happiness and so on, when they clearly have already failed that test, you know? You have to do it yourself. I had someone who claimed he wanted closure, he first of all did not want no closure, but if he had then we stood so far apart there was no way even if I wanted to that I could give it to him.

Anyways nothing is ever dead, life continues in one shape or another, and I couldn't do anything else than I had already done, said, with the ex that saw me, by accident (or destined).

I was more sensitive during the pregnancy and I can read other people and I think I took their stuff in.

There was something I had not been told about my baby to be father's ex, and my role in it even if I did not know I had a role in it, so that was just typical. I was not told til much later. I had been kept out of it.

I think both my ex and his ex are most likely part of our soul group and so I have a connection with them too, and I could feel them.

I have experienced/felt my partner's ex before, before meeting them or knowing that the ex looked like I knew before, their personality, their looks, their essence, I knew. Instead of rivalry or insecurity or jealousy, I felt a sisterhood but knew if and when they met me they would not look at me like that, so it just got weird.

I often feel an endearment of other people and I think it is because I sense their inner self, I know everyone got faults and everything, so do I, it isn't that.

But I know I have to pretend before meeting someone or going into a situation I have already sensed, experienced in a way, just know, that this is the first experience of it. I don't put two and two together until I stand there and realize OK this was what this was about before, and now it's happening, OK. Can't explain it. Just go along :)