Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 03-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Until finally ... There is no longer anything ... you have to go through. You become totally free ...
To be nothing - POOF!

Or, if not 'nothing', what?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:29 AM
Master

“How does one think of God? How does one meditate on God? I'll give you a hint. What is the first name of God?

Student: I-am

R: Exactly. I-am is the first name of God. When you want to think of God, you think of I-am, with your respiration. I-am is the first name of God. Close your eyes and try it. Inhale and say "I," exhale and say "am." Inhale, say "I," exhale, say "am." Doesn't that make you feel good? Just by saying "I-am" to yourself it lifts you up.

So, the thing to do is this. Whenever you have a problem, I don't care what it is, I don't care how serious you think it is, whether it's personal or worldly, wherever it came from, the secret is to forget yourself. For the moment forget about the problem, for as long as you can, and do the I-am meditation. Every time the problem comes back to you, do the I-am meditation. If your mind wanders, bring it back again and do the I-am meditation.”

Robert Adams

Old 04-10-2019, 02:32 AM
Master

“Advaita Vedanta is like the university of spiritual life. You cannot fool yourself. There are so many people who try to practice self-inquiry and they give it up.

Then I tell them to surrender, surrender completely. That's the other way. Again this becomes difficult. They try it for awhile and they always revert back to themselves, their personal self. So I give them the I-am meditation. Everybody can do that. When nothing seems to work, go back to I-am. It's really very powerful. Do not take it simply.

I can guarantee you this. If you can practice I-am for one day, just one day, all of your troubles will be transcended. You will feel happiness you've never felt before. You will feel a peace that you never even knew existed. As you keep practicing I-am, your thoughts will become less and less. Your personal self will go into the background and you will begin to feel an inner joy, an inner bliss.”
Old 04-10-2019, 02:34 AM
Master

“the space between I-am is the fourth dimension of consciousness, after waking, sleeping, dreaming. It is the state of the Jnani. It is your freedom. It is pure awareness. Pure awareness is not the I-am. The I-am leads you to pure awareness. And when you keep practicing, "Who am I," alternating with both of them, there will be a greater space before you say, "Who am I?" again. That space is bliss. You will feel something you've never felt before, an inner joy, an inner delight. You will just know that the whole universe is the Self, and I-am that.”

Robert Adams

Old 04-10-2019, 03:10 AM
Master
Quote:

“the space between I-am is the fourth dimension of consciousness, after waking, sleeping, dreaming. It is the state of the Jnani. It is your freedom. It is pure awareness. Pure awareness is not the I-am. The I-am leads you to pure awareness. And when you keep practicing, "Who am I," alternating with both of them, there will be a greater space before you say, "Who am I?" again. That space is bliss. You will feel something you've never felt before, an inner joy, an inner delight. You will just know that the whole universe is the Self, and I-am that.”
Robert Adams ***
GREAT!
You mentioned the fourth dimension: something most people ignore.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
GREAT!
You mentioned the fourth dimension: something most people ignore.

Waking, sleeping, dreaming & Samadhi
Aligned within & without in entirety

Or we may say when our Gunas three
In dynamic stillness merge into Samadhi

You may be familiar with Sarvapriya Nanda’s discourses on Advaita Vedanta. He speaks with the same level of clarity and lucidity as say, Rupert Spira ... different words for the same singular truth as Ramana or Robert for that matter.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:15 AM
Master

“When you question, "To whom does this come?" You again realize, "It comes to me. I perceive it." Then you remember that you are not I. I perceives it. Yet, in reality, you are not the perceiver. You are not the wit- ness. I perceives it. I is the witness.

This is a very important point, and I want you to understand it because it can change your whole life. Whatever you see in the world, you are to realize that I perceives, but do not look at I as being your Self. You have to catch yourself and say, "I perceives this," does not mean that you perceive it. It is I that perceives it. When you separate yourself from the I, what is left? Consciousness.

It is only when believe that you are I, that your humanhood comes into play. But as soon you perceive that I is the universe, you have separated yourself from I, and then consciousness comes into play. You have awakened. In other words, when you can separate yourself from your I, you will be awakened and liberated.”

Robert Adams

Old 04-10-2019, 04:18 AM
Master

“Play the game with yourself. Whenever you think of another person, whenever you think of a problem, whenever you think of a beautiful sunset, catch yourself. Ask yourself, "To whom has this come? It has come to me. I perceive it. Before you ask, 'Who am I?" remember to realize that you are not the I. The I that perceives is not you. In other words, what you must do from now on is, when you refer to I, you're not talking about yourself.”

Robert Adams

Old 04-10-2019, 04:45 AM
Master
Quote:

Waking, sleeping, dreaming & Samadhi
Aligned within & without in entirety

Or we may say when our Gunas three
In dynamic stillness merge into Samadhi

You may be familiar with Sarvapriya Nanda’s discourses on Advaita Vedanta. He speaks with the same level of clarity and lucidity as say, Rupert Spira ... different words for the same singular truth as Ramana or Robert for that matter.***
Are you taking about the 4 states of consciousness?

And the 3 fundamental forces of nature?

And the Atman ibeingthe same as Brahman?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:39 AM
Master

Quote:

“How does one think of God? How does one meditate on God? I'll give you a hint. What is the first name of God?

Student: I-am

R: Exactly. I-am is the first name of God. When you want to think of God, you think of I-am, with your respiration. I-am is the first name of God. Close your eyes and try it. Inhale and say "I," exhale and say "am." Inhale, say "I," exhale, say "am." Doesn't that make you feel good? Just by saying "I-am" to yourself it lifts you up.

So, the thing to do is this. Whenever you have a problem, I don't care what it is, I don't care how serious you think it is, whether it's personal or worldly, wherever it came from, the secret is to forget yourself. For the moment forget about the problem, for as long as you can, and do the I-am meditation. Every time the problem comes back to you, do the I-am meditation. If your mind wanders, bring it back again and do the I-am meditation.”

Robert Adams

Very nice thanks for sharing. And all the recent teachings thanks for sharing those too. I was ruminating this kinda teaching or situation the other day. This 'I am' meditation Robert speaks came to me as I was driving the car a few days ago. Nice to see it re-iterated here. I am that I am that I am

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge