Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 28-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyingPony
I'm not dismissing using the five senses to gain information.

I am, at least with regard to the task of ascertaining the energetic predispositions of others.

Quote:
You use it to gain information in science.

You do indeed. Of course, the senses of most scientists in this day and age have been dulled and muddled by fixation on external conditions.

Quote:
I'm just saying that the criteria that people claim for these supposed metaphysical concepts has a very low standard.

Before we can verify that Indigo Children exist, we must confirm that aura reading is true and reliable. Then, to prove that these children are psychic, we'd need to test them in a controlled environment. And if they want any credence to the "knowledge of past lives" thing or something like that, I'm not sure if it's really possible to prove or disprove that. On one hand, we could use a lie detector. On the other hand, children have wild imaginations and it's possible that it wouldn't be the first time that they've erroneously believed something to be true... or have false memories in their heads.

All of this comes from the perspective of a traditional scientific paradigm, and really isn't all that relevant for those who are interested in using metaphysical knowledge like energetic signature categorization for the purposes of enhancing self-knowledge and reorienting awareness internally. If on the other hand there are those like yourself who want to wait for science to validate the existence of these phenomena, I certainly won't stand in your way. It does make me wonder what you plan on doing in the interim, however, as your options for interfacing with reality will by definition remain quite limited.

Last edited by radareyes : 28-10-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old 28-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Master
I truly was under the impression that aura had nothing whatsoever to do with these colour labels. I thought they referred to the colour of ray a person was born under and they're place in the helping of humanity

Old 28-10-2010, 01:43 AM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by radareyes
I am, at least with regard to the task of ascertaining the energetic predispositions of others.

What do you mean by "energetic predispositions", and how do you propose that it be ascertained?

Quote:
You do indeed. Of course, the senses of most scientists in this day and age have been dulled and muddled by fixation on external conditions.

Real scientists collect data from the real world. And these real scientists have created modern medicine, ways of predicting disasters, the computer you're using now, and much more. All of this can be attributed to the supposedly "dulled and muddled" senses of scientists.

Quote:
All of this comes from the perspective of a traditional scientific paradigm, and really isn't all that relevant for those who are interested in using metaphysical knowledge like energetic signature categorization for the purposes of enhancing self-knowledge and reorienting awareness internally.

supernatural
adjective
- (of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature

By definition, supernatural things cannot occur in the natural world. The natural world is the only thing that we can reliably observe. All scientific discoveries have been made in the natural world.

What you are talking about is supernatural. There is no proof of it that can be observed in the natural world. You are accepting it on faith.
Old 28-10-2010, 02:07 AM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I truly was under the impression that aura had nothing whatsoever to do with these colour labels. I thought they referred to the colour of ray a person was born under and they're place in the helping of humanity

I've only heard about the "indigo auras". At least, that was the distinctive mark of an indigo child popularized in the first definitive book on the subject. I think it's on Skepdic somewhere, but I'm afraid to link to it because apparently it's commercial. Just google "skepdic indigo children" and you'll find what I'm talking about.

This "rays" thing is totally new to me, though. I presume that there are conflicts in the New Age community over these things?
Old 28-10-2010, 02:12 AM
mahakali

what about the studies done with random number generators? traditional science doesn't answer all the questions, so we are forced to consider something like quantum theory because it is the closest we have come to actually answering some of these questions.
Old 28-10-2010, 02:19 AM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
what about the studies done with random number generators? traditional science doesn't answer all the questions, so we are forced to consider something like quantum theory because it is the closest we have come to actually answering some of these questions.

What are these random number generator studies?

Just because science has found an unknown doesn't mean we can chalk it up to God, spirits, auras, Indigo Children, the Invisible Pink Unicorn, or whatever you feel like inserting there. It simply means that there is an unknown and we do not know why it happens.

Darn, how did we get from Indigo Children to quantum theory?
Old 28-10-2010, 02:24 AM
Master
Quote:
This "rays" thing is totally new to me, though. I presume that there are conflicts in the New Age community over these things?

I feel that there are only conflicts when we're unable to accept that sometimes things have no explanation - none of us knows for certain, it's all theory and conjecture. Some of us need facts and proof and hard evidence - some of us don't. As long as it harms none, I see no problem. Live and let live

Old 28-10-2010, 02:44 AM
mahakali

well it seems as though your a skeptic to the whole metaphysical thing, so i figured that I would bring in some science that validates some of these claims and quantum theory is it. The bottom line is that your consciousness affects the behavior of subatomic particles, and to me thats seems like a very spiritual thing. I dont know where pink unicorns fit into this, lol. but thats not my thing anyways. as far as god goes, I dont interpret god as a man with a white beard who judges us, to me god is just another word for the nature of reality. but that's just me.

forget the random number generator because im in no place to try to explain that here but I will get into the double slit experiment. that one is easier. watch this video. the implications are tremendous. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
Old 28-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Seeker

Quote:
What do you mean by "energetic predispositions", and how do you propose that it be ascertained?

There are certain vibratory frequencies that different individuals gravitate towards. These frequencies dictate the manner in which any given individual will conduct themselves in life. How do I propose that they be ascertained? The only way we have available to us -- the establishment of an attunement with the energetic level of reality.

Quote:
Real scientists collect data from the real world. And these real scientists have created modern medicine, ways of predicting disasters, the computer you're using now, and much more. All of this can be attributed to the supposedly "dulled and muddled" senses of scientists.

True. The difference between you and me is that you remain impressed with the status quo whereas I find it, for lack of a better word, rather pedestrian.

Quote:
supernatural
adjective
- (of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature

By definition, supernatural things cannot occur in the natural world.

Given that I've never referred to the natural world as it has been defined by current scientific understanding, I'd say you've backed yourself into a corner.

Quote:
The natural world is the only thing that we can reliably observe. All scientific discoveries have been made in the natural world.

What you are talking about is supernatural. There is no proof of it that can be observed in the natural world. You are accepting it on faith.

Faith is only necessary prior to the experience of direct perception. Do you have faith that you know how to tie your shoes, or do you simply know it?

Last edited by radareyes : 28-10-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 28-10-2010, 03:19 AM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
well it seems as though your a skeptic to the whole metaphysical thing, so i figured that I would bring in some science that validates some of these claims and quantum theory is it. The bottom line is that your consciousness affects the behavior of subatomic particles, and to me thats seems like a very spiritual thing. I dont know where pink unicorns fit into this, lol. but thats not my thing anyways. as far as god goes, I dont interpret god as a man with a white beard who judges us, to me god is just another word for the nature of reality. but that's just me.

forget the random number generator because im in no place to try to explain that here but I will get into the double slit experiment. that one is easier. watch this video. the implications are tremendous. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

Quantum mechanics are pretty cool.

Although the video did say that it was not consciousness that affected the behavior of the particles, but the presence of an observer. Basically, the particles no longer react the way they normally do when they are being observed. They are not consciously wishing the particles to act differently, they simply do.

Although a very interesting tidbit, I don't think this has anything to do with the existence of Indigo Children, or the New Age movement.