Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 05:35 PM
Molearner

The meaning of life is to discover hopeā€¦..
Old 06-03-2022, 05:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
Has anybody said "42" yet?
I was just about to!
Old 06-03-2022, 08:36 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I was just about to!

Glad to see another Douglas Adams fan!
Old 06-03-2022, 10:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Glad to see another Douglas Adams fan!
Loved the BBC series, loved the book, Hitch-Hiker's Guide...... What an author!
Old 07-03-2022, 01:34 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Loved the BBC series, loved the book, Hitch-Hiker's Guide...... What an author!

Me too. We lost him too soon.
Old 07-03-2022, 01:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Me too. We lost him too soon.
Gone but not forgotten.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Can we get back on the topic which is the meaning of life.

I'm serious - we and everything else, are windows in the universe so that the whole (whatever you wish to call it, and it has many names) can see and reflect upon itself. We and everything else are in a constant state of feedback with the universe and occasionally the feedback works the other way and we get a message from the whole pertaining to our own tiny corner, whether personal or collective.

We need to be careful what we call this information and how it is interpreted.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:18 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Has anybody said "42" yet?
It changed when they went back in time and Arthur Dent was playing scrabble with the cavemen
https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/...7sScrabble.jpg

And actually there's a Spiritual understanding there. Deep Thought didn't understand the question in the first place so any old answer was good enough. We are the answer looking for the question.

Busby is one of the few that 'gets it', we are indeed on a feedback loop with the Universe. And by the way, if Spirituality is to believed then we already have access the the collective consciousness, Akashic Records etc so there's no need to go through all of this just to cram our heads with Spiritual knowledge. You're feeding back what we already know.

Spirituality has it backwards.
Old 07-03-2022, 12:37 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
We habitually compare and contrast our concept of ourselves with our concept of the "other". A fictional person regards another fictional person -- this not only happens in cyberspace, but face to face too. Things typically complicate from here, short and long-term causes and effects alternate and cascade. Values and biases develop, based upon myriad conditioning factors modifying themselves ceaselessly. In this psycho-physical realm, they appear to amount to an actual person, but that would be a weak-sighted assumption. Go further, focus the lens of perception without interpretation, because even though the plot may thicken, the implications are already clear -- they're a big glowing neon sign hung across the conceptual freeway we're collectively driving down at dusk, texting hands-free into the oncoming night.
I have just read this whole thread....(well skipped over certain members I don't resonate with!) and have to say your posts stand out as exceptionally insightful and honest, i.e. stripping away how we usually operate on here!

I was really impressed by your first post on this thread (#207 on page 21) which deserved better feedback than it got. Admittedly it was a long read so may have been too much for some.

I have to agree with you about it's all just conceptualizing in such matters as 'what is the meaning of life' or - at best - surmising from certain life experiences we may have had. Interesting that, like myself, we are all assuming the question is one that is asked/applied to just humanity!

As a realist, I'm more interested in objective truth (in so far as that is at all possible to grasp...or glimpse maybe!) rather than bolstering a personal view that may need revision in the light of new knowledge.

I have some ideas/concepts on what the meaning of life is - nothing probably that has not been already mentioned and, on more credible ground, some firmer notions based on life experiences....again, nothing new here!
Old 07-03-2022, 01:11 PM
hazada guess

Crickey, this thread still active. It seems eons since I started it, but now, thanks to everything I've learned I think I know the meaning of life Does everybody else?
Closed Thread