Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Busby,

Thanks for your interest in the book, which I hope "sparks" further conversations. I especially enjoyed the author's treatment of the role of resistance, considering your words above "The thought that denseness of physicality reflects a given stage of development appeals to me."

Me too! As a matter of fact, I've come to consider our soul-journ on this plane as the spiritual equivalent of "weight-training"!

The author puts it this way:

"Will you encounter resistance? Oh, yes. Your activity creates it. Why? Because action requires reaction to support it. Resistance is the negative pole of action or activity, the positive pole as you have already heard, and you need both. If there were no resistance, action would be nonexistent. It is resistance that keeps the airplane soaring. Without resistance, it could not fly. Neither could the birds; or the fish swim; or you walk. As the power of the engine increases, the greater the momentum of the airplane and the greater the resistance necessary to support it. The greater the momentum, the greater the altitude or height possible to attain." (page 43/46)

Learning how to let our Spirits do the heavy lifting of living vs. total reliance on our physicality (i.e. our bodies) to overcome problems, seems to be the very thing our societies have omitted from the "curriculum", in favor of "no pain, no gain" schools of hard knocks.

I look forward to the challenge of learning...even after these ***years!

...and to learning from / with my class-mates!

Gone are those days when I'd lie in bed in the deep hours of the night and try to imagine absolute nothingness. Sometimes I think I succeeded and was then frustrated that I couldn't carry such a thought process through to be able to imagine a stirring of this nothingness. It was quite clear to me that anything which did stir would be the opposite of nothingness but why should it take on the form of the world in which we experience here-ness.

Eventually I started to think about music, about sound. My imagination led me to envision that, and I still do, we are living in a sort of octave - so to speak. This octave, or octaves do of course represent density, the heaviness of the base and the climb through the octaves to the higher state (as the goal of everything spiritual - whereby for me I try to avoid the word god - for many reasons). These are all pictures in the mind but music lends itself well to such thoughts.
This climb through the octaves could be embedded in evolution, the transcendence through densities towards climbing up the ladder of experience.
Maybe, I thought, we humans, today, evolved through evolution, are all in the same octave. Each of us at a different level, taking a position in which we fit best - just like a part of the concerto played by the flute. We play the instruments and the noise we make is the world around us, its heaviness or lightness depending upon the tune we are playing.

Before the orchestra starts to play there is absolute silence, nothingness so to say, and then after the first note, one produced by the mind, a whole symphony comes into being.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 16-09-2020, 12:13 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
..... I think you may enjoy hearing the answer to your question from one of the infinite, existing versions of you whose Mom did not smoke before you were born, or a version of you who did not give a hoot about taking responsibility for yourself, asking YOU what you meant in the last paragraph above that begins with "when I think about all of this from that perspective...this me"...

..... Especially if his life's experiences may conceivably NOT have come to such a conclusion?

Answer: Any of all possibilities are available for choosing, at once, (but only once). Don't believe me?

Ask Heraclitus (or any particle in any double slit scenario). https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/heraclitus_107157

Well now, you have gone and blown everything up even more. Ketzer had just expanded himself to encompass a network of all that precedes him and all that will follow, yet he was still only within one four dimensional spacetime continuum. You have gone and pushed him into the fifth dimension and possibly the sixth, making him into a network of networks, a continuum of continuums. He is all of these things at once, and yet still only a tiny pin prick of light shining into a vast darkness wondering what he could see if he could see as all that he is.

I don’t know if any one of those other Ketzers in the Ketzer networks could give this one the answer to that question, but perhaps the simple knowledge of their existence can. I am both the drop and the ocean. Yet perhaps the drop cannot know what it is to be an ocean, nor can the ocean know what it is to be a drop. Of course this is only the perspective of one Ketzer who is currently being a drop. Were I being an ocean, could I also simultaneously know what it is to be the drop, I cannot say with certainty. From this perspective, all I know is that the drop cannot see things as an ocean, if it wishes to see things as the drop.

The flow of events that leads to me, that flows within and through me now, continues on beyond me. I can define myself as one particular channel in that braided stream but I can also envision myself as that eternally flowing river of events. From that perspective, perhaps no man can ever step in the same river twice because he is that river, and never really steps out of it.

Of course rivers eventually flow to the ocean, where the river goes once it reaches the ocean, and when it stops being a river and just becomes part of the ocean, is hard to say. I expect if one were to ask the river and then ask the ocean, one would get rather different answers. Perhaps from the perspective of an ocean, it never stopped being an ocean, it just changed a part of itself into drops and rained them down upon the land, allowing for life to exist there for a time, before those drops gathered back together into a river and flowed back to their source. Form its point of view, it was all always the ocean.
Old 16-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Gone are those days when I'd lie in bed in the deep hours of the night and try to imagine absolute nothingness. Sometimes I think I succeeded and was then frustrated that I couldn't carry such a thought process through to be able to imagine a stirring of this nothingness. It was quite clear to me that anything which did stir would be the opposite of nothingness but why should it take on the form of the world in which we experience here-ness.

Eventually I started to think about music, about sound. My imagination led me to envision that, and I still do, we are living in a sort of octave - so to speak. This octave, or octaves do of course represent density, the heaviness of the base and the climb through the octaves to the higher state (as the goal of everything spiritual - whereby for me I try to avoid the word god - for many reasons). These are all pictures in the mind but music lends itself well to such thoughts.
This climb through the octaves could be embedded in evolution, the transcendence through densities towards climbing up the ladder of experience.
Maybe, I thought, we humans, today, evolved through evolution, are all in the same octave. Each of us at a different level, taking a position in which we fit best - just like a part of the concerto played by the flute. We play the instruments and the noise we make is the world around us, its heaviness or lightness depending upon the tune we are playing.

Before the orchestra starts to play there is absolute silence, nothingness so to say, and then after the first note, one produced by the mind, a whole symphony comes into being.

Busby,

...being a musician (uh, amateur guitarist) helps me understand your excellent analogy. Having played, and enjoyed, my own compositions (creations), I can appreciate the gratification of creating music.

The following occurred to me out of left field:

All things are the same one thing vibrating as (not "at") different rates (I just discovered that the use of "as" denotes continuity, rather than "discrete, separate entities"). https://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/#one

All music is the same one thing vibrating as different notes (octaves).

All Creation is the same one thing vibrating as a hologram of holograms.

This too, from the "silence" of left field:

What does the ocean know of a frog in a pond? The "ribbet-ing" notes it sings in exquisite harmony with the basso profundo of the ocean's own rhythms.

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/576636
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 16-09-2020, 02:39 PM
janielee

Quote:

Liked ....
Old 16-09-2020, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well now, you have gone and blown everything up even more. Ketzer had just expanded himself to encompass a network of all that precedes him and all that will follow, yet he was still only within one four dimensional spacetime continuum. You have gone and pushed him into the fifth dimension and possibly the sixth, making him into a network of networks, a continuum of continuums. He is all of these things at once, and yet still only a tiny pin prick of light shining into a vast darkness wondering what he could see if he could see as all that he is.

I don’t know if any one of those other Ketzers in the Ketzer networks could give this one the answer to that question, but perhaps the simple knowledge of their existence can. I am both the drop and the ocean. Yet perhaps the drop cannot know what it is to be an ocean, nor can the ocean know what it is to be a drop. Of course this is only the perspective of one Ketzer who is currently being a drop. Were I being an ocean, could I also simultaneously know what it is to be the drop, I cannot say with certainty. From this perspective, all I know is that the drop cannot see things as an ocean, if it wishes to see things as the drop.

The flow of events that leads to me, that flows within and through me now, continues on beyond me. I can define myself as one particular channel in that braided stream but I can also envision myself as that eternally flowing river of events. From that perspective, perhaps no man can ever step in the same river twice because he is that river, and never really steps out of it.

Of course rivers eventually flow to the ocean, where the river goes once it reaches the ocean, and when it stops being a river and just becomes part of the ocean, is hard to say. I expect if one were to ask the river and then ask the ocean, one would get rather different answers. Perhaps from the perspective of an ocean, it never stopped being an ocean, it just changed a part of itself into drops and rained them down upon the land, allowing for life to exist there for a time, before those drops gathered back together into a river and flowed back to their source. Form its point of view, it was all always the ocean.

Ketzer, you are right! Not only can you be both, you ARE both!

Here's what helped me correctly appreciate what you said: (from the reference, below). And yes you've seen this one before.

"Physiological reality, take me literally... is a mirror, it is just a more complex mirror, a holographic mirror... a multi-dimensional mirror, so that you don't always recognize all the reflections as you, but believe me... they are... .all the reflections are you, and I mean literally every object, person, place and thing, every situation... every circumstance, every moment of time and space is you being reflected back to yourself, from the particular point of view you chose to express at that particular moment. The idea therefore, is to understand, that what you will always discover, will simply be All That Is expressing itself through the unique portion of All That Is you were created to be. Remember the Second Law: "The One is All, the All are One". Every component of the All That Is, all of you... all of us, every individuated being... every individuated concept, is the whole expressing itself as a part. Important point... I'll rewind that and repeat it, because we understand that you have been trained to think segregationally, sometimes individuals on your planet may miss the point, all of you are, yes... a part of the whole, but as a part of the whole, you are the Whole expressing Itself as "a part of the whole". Big difference than just thinking of yourself as a part of the whole without the other side. You have to understand yourself holographically, it is this and that... not this or that. So, you are the part... you are the whole, you are both one and the same, but expressing the whole as a part."

....which also supports one of the most profound expressions I've ever read on SF; the last line in Miss Hepburn's signature message by Lahiri Mahasaya:

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

It just occurred to me that an "other" version of Heraclitus probably never learned how dance "steps" work...together!

Reference: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...81&postcount=1
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 18-09-2020, 07:36 AM
Master

The Holographic Universe is a book by Michael Newton a book that I would count as one of the top ten of all the books I have ever read - and I have read thousands.
It is packed, crammed, with information and Newton manages to sort it all out to resolve many points of view from many physicists such as Bohr and Bohm.
It's on my bedside table at the moment and I am as thrilled now to read it as I was the first time. I can only suggest this as reading matter and the number of doors it opens.
The author died at the age of 36 - he was just getting started really, pity.

Nor is he the Michael Newton of Journey of Souls a book I'd include in the last ten of all the books I have ever read!

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

- Mark Twain.
Old 18-09-2020, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
The Holographic Universe is a book by Michael Newton a book that I would count as one of the top ten of all the books I have ever read - and I have read thousands.
It is packed, crammed, with information and Newton manages to sort it all out to resolve many points of view from many physicists such as Bohr and Bohm.
It's on my bedside table at the moment and I am as thrilled now to read it as I was the first time. I can only suggest this as reading matter and the number of doors it opens.

Nor is he the Michael Newton of Journey of Souls a book I'd include in the last ten of all the books I have ever read!

Busby,

Thank you so much for your recommendations. Seems that the name of Newton is a pretty reliable author of books to read beginning of course with the Principia....

And on behalf of Wayne Newton, who isn't, to my knowledge, an author of scientific books, let me just quote the title of one of his songs, "Danke Schoen"

....by way of thanks, in German.

P.S. Hope you enjoyed reading Message of a Master 🙂

Last edited by guthrio : 18-09-2020 at 01:00 PM. Reason: clarify input
Old 18-09-2020, 07:54 PM
Master

Quote:

Did you mean Michael Talbot? dead at 38.5 ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=mich...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Michael Coleman Talbot (September 29, 1953 – May 27, 1992) was an American author of several books highlighting parallels between ancient mysticism and quantum mechanics, and espousing a theoretical model of reality that suggests the physical universe is akin to a hologram
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-09-2020, 06:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Did you mean Michael Talbot? dead at 38.5 ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=mich...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Michael Coleman Talbot (September 29, 1953 – May 27, 1992) was an American author of several books highlighting parallels between ancient mysticism and quantum mechanics, and espousing a theoretical model of reality that suggests the physical universe is akin to a hologram

Yes, sorry, could have sworn!
The amount of information in this book is quite astounding - I'm sure he would have offered a lot more were he still with us.

- Mark Twain.
Old 19-09-2020, 11:44 AM
ketzer

You know less then nothing John Snow.

The holographic principal is a rather bizarre one to take in at first. But once one remembers that regardless of whether that universe, which is thought to be out there, is holographic in nature (if it exists out there at all :), the universe we live in is the holographic one created by our brain.

I find it interesting that the human brain must fold the cerebral cortex into so many contortions because its power to process information is correlated not to its volume, but to its surface area. Which is interesting because the maximum amount if information that can be contained in any give volume of space, is also proportional not to the volume, but to it's surface area. Which is interesting because if that volume is a sphere, and the information is actually at its maximum density, then its radius will be determined by the Bekenstein bound, which is the radius that a black hole will have. So blackholes are places in the universe which contain a maximum density of information, but that density, and hence the corresponding volume is determined by a two dimensional surface area, not the three dimensional volume as intuition would expect (not to mention places where that information is no longer accessible to us). Which is interesting because holograms are three dimensional illusions, created from two dimensional surfaces. Which circles back around to our own brains, which compute and create the holographic universe within our heads in which we live, but whose power to do so also seems to be dependent on two dimensional surface area. A computed holographic universe, which appears to be computed in two dimensions not three, with three dimensions just being an arrangement of two dimensional surfaces. Which is interesting because our 4 dimensional reality can be though of as an illusion created by an arrangement of 3 dimensional realities observed sequentially though time. All very interesting in how these patters of created realities seem to repeat fractally as we move from lower to higher dimensions. Networks of networks of networks, all encoding the information that we use to create and experience our realities.

The upshot of all this is that if someone tells you are dense, and that all you have between your ears is a black hole, you can take that as a compliment.

As an aside, there is more information hidden away in the black hole at the center of our galaxy as there is in the rest of the known universe, outside of blackholes, combined. And there are countless backhoes in the universe. The upshot of which is that even if John Snow knew all of the knowable information in the universe, relatively speaking he would pretty much still be extremely ignorant. Poor John, he will always know nothing.

I almost forgot, if John did know all the knowable information in the known universe, his head would have to have a surface area at least the size of Switzerland, which it clearly doesn't. So it seems John Snow knows considerably less then what is, relatively speaking, practically nothing, and will never know any more. You know less then nothing John Snow.

https://www.pbs.org/video/how-to-det...nsions-ekf1gb/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxVlGAFX7vA
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...o-dimensions/#

Last edited by ketzer : 19-09-2020 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Because John really is very ignorant, relatively speaking.