Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 17-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Master
buying replacement cards?

Does anyone know of someone that sells replacement cards?
I just had an accident with a full mug of coffee and my favourite tarot deck got wet too.
12 cards got a wet edge over the full length, 1 is missing a corner now as it got really soaked.
Not sure how it'll dry up and it's many cards.

I've heard people speak of buying replacement cards but I don't know where?
Old 17-07-2021, 05:39 PM
Master
I think most are okay, although not sure yet. It's only the approx 3 on the bottom that got the worst of it. Oddly enough once dry it feels hard?
One does have a corner missing, The Wheel. I'll try to very very carefully glue it. I think.
Still heartbroken over it. I love that deck, Enchanted Forest Tarot.
Old 18-07-2021, 12:48 PM
Ascender

You'll have to buy a whole new deck. Amazon has a Forest of Enchantment deck. Is that the same one?

https://www.amazon.com/Forest-Enchan.../dp/0738751391
Old 18-07-2021, 01:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
You'll have to buy a whole new deck. Amazon has a Forest of Enchantment deck. Is that the same one?

https://www.amazon.com/Forest-Enchan.../dp/0738751391
Yes, that's it. I keep getting the name wrong, hihi.
I'm going to see how it works for me, otherwise I will have to buy a new one :(
It's my fave deck, haven't got it for that long yet either. And never had anything like this happen. I'm always so careful!
Problem is that this deck comes in one of them huge boxes as the book is larger. These boxes are a pain as they don't fit in anywhere, too big. So I end up leaving the deck out.
Had it been in a box, just the box would've gotten wet, no ruined cards.

Anywho... see how it works as it is now. Otherwise invest in a new one. I was thinking...
Get a new one and offer the cards from this one as replacement. Not the ones that got wet, the rest.
Might make someone else happy and helps me get the extra cost covered as it's not a cheap deck.
Old 18-07-2021, 02:46 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Problem is that this deck comes in one of them huge boxes as the book is larger. These boxes are a pain as they don't fit in anywhere, too big. So I end up leaving the deck out.

I have my favorite deck in a wooden index card file box. You might find a nice wooden box unfinished at your local craft store too. The Morgan Greer deck is my favorite deck.
Old 18-07-2021, 09:45 PM
Master
I'd thought of a wooden box before, but actually I think I'd find that annoying, and it'd likely easily damage the cards. Nevertheless I had a look at them.
Then figured, why spend money on it? I got the box that's the perfect box, just that the whole of it is large.
I guess I'll have to learn to live with that!

The gluing back of the corner went extremely well, I'm chuffed! Not tried a shuffle yet though. I daren't hihi. And I wanted it to really properly dry. Tomorrow.
Old 23-07-2021, 07:02 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I'd thought of a wooden box before, but actually I think I'd find that annoying, and it'd likely easily damage the cards.

No damage to the deck at all. The cards fit inside quite nicely. I don't even remember where I got the box. I've had it a long time.