Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 14-12-2020, 01:30 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Can anybody validate the validity of tarot reading

I used to know a old woman who claimed to be able to read my tarot cards. Recently she was known in the community to have been arrested for fraud. The police report doesn't say specifically why but I am wondering if there is a correlation here
Old 01-01-2021, 11:17 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrolopology
I used to know a old woman who claimed to be able to read my tarot cards. Recently she was known in the community to have been arrested for fraud. The police report doesn't say specifically why but I am wondering if there is a correlation here
Even if a case report cited this woman's use of Tarot as a tool to bilk people that information would not have anything to do with Tarot card reading in general. Look at this another way for a moment: There have been many cases of quacks and imposters in the position of doctors. Many have been proven in a court of law. Does this suggest that doctors or the medical world are bogus?

Tarot card reading has a stereotypical stigma of being the platform for con artists and thieves. That said, I have had Tarot readings which contained a mix of information I could confirm as correlating to the reality I was aware of as well as some misses. It is not a snapshot of something easily recognized no matter how aware, intelligent and open you are to possibilities. Legitimate and capable readers can misinterpret or miss the mark entirely.

It is just as possible that this woman was a decent Tarot reader but defrauded people with or without Tarot or both regardless.

I used to believe talents/gifts like psychic awareness were indicative of an evolved good soul. I have known many personally since then and learned that the talent/gift/innate ability can be like being born with a certain hair or eye color, a singing voice or knack for crunching numbers. It is just something to experience life through. How you utilize it, including ignoring it, is up to you and the circumstances of your particular life. Some people have "earned it" or past experience with it and carried that into this life but this is not a prerequisite from what I have observed or at least as far as I could determine. The scenario of being "honest-challenged" in life can show up anywhere.

Last edited by o0A0o : 02-01-2021 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:00 AM
Newbie ;)

I am not a big fan of astrology, but there is some truth behind tarot cards
Old 08-08-2021, 06:02 AM
crystaladdict99

There's truth behind tarot cards, but you should have a good connection with your tarot reader. Doing research is important!
Old 04-09-2021, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:

Hello Astrolopology
I've been reading tarot and oracle cards for years, my message always being that what I provide for people is a space in which to view a probable future. It is not a future prediction because we have free will.

There are always people that will abuse this, as has been said - all professions have their nefarious elements. It is to be discerning when we approach people that offer these services and to use our gut within - our own inner wisdom to deduce whether we trust the person... Before crossing their palm with anything

Readings are a great way to gain clarity, so if you trust I wouldn't let an isolated incident take that away from you
Old 04-09-2021, 04:29 PM
You know, as I always say, You can validate it. 'Seeing is believing'.
Don't believe other people, (I mean, be open and respect them),
but check everything out for yourself. Voila. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-09-2021, 10:43 PM
Master
I know I do on my tarot cards is past present and future
A friend of mine got a death card and she panicked
But I told her death does not always mean death of a person or a loved one a could be a death of old habits a bad habit you don't do it anymore I death of all stuff you no longer do anymore
The hanged man does not always mean that you are going to hang yourself a come ring it could mean be careful what you say to paper or you could get yourself home not home for real but home and register you home in bed word use it up April you know that loose lips sink ships it is the same with the hanged man card
I don't know if this makes sense surrounds to me it don't make sense
The fool card sometimes it tells you it's ok to be a joker or it could be careful not to be a fool around certain people because certain people can't take a joke our sense of humour with me you need a sense of humour but not everybody can take a joke this is another meaning of a card
Their lovers it could mean you are going to find love soon for my own status sauce then I don't know because I've been getting that one enough lately
The star it could mean star-crossed lovers or coming stop family protecting you you and looking after you
The moon family in spirit love you to the moon and back if you have children and they're really love you they will love you to the moon and back like your parents do and brothers and sisters do
I don't know if I am making sense here I did a tablet lesson online offer Facebook listen it took me a few things it did
But like me again by the picture I say on the tart card deck not the book then again I am dyslexic it's right I type with a mic I have done this year and it is much better and easier for everybody to understand and
A terra card men's you are stronger than a tablet or strength
The lion guard the lion is a strong animal and you are strong too
To there so many meanings on the card just don't take for granted that means bad try and reverse it to make it look good
If you get death card don't always mean bad just come in death of all of its that you don't need anymore like if you give up smoking you have to have it you don't need one more like smoking drinking you have to do it up eating bad food you have give it up it is a death of all of its does not mean a person is going to die it is your or Abbots habits is going to die long gone again
This was ok

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 18-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Old 19-10-2021, 04:57 AM
Seeker
Quote:

I understand your concern but the case of an old woman cannot become the prime representation of the entire tarot system or community in general.

Based on my experience, the validity of tarot depends on the person who read it for you. What tarot shows you are images that present ideas, messages. But the hard part is that the reader has to understand the messages and know how to present it to you.

I used to have two friends who are tarot readers for 4 years, their messages (or at least what they presented) are often 80% correct. So if 80% is correct, can we say they are fraud?