Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 23-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Seeker

Evolution, life, and pain.

Hello.

Maybe this subject has been touched upon already, but anyway. I know that Christians and creationists usually deny the theory (is it still just a theory?) of evolution, but it seems to me that even without a scientific education it is a very plausible theory. When you look at our bodies and those of animals, it does seem quite obvious that these biological constructions have some sort of inner intelligence which adapts itself to different outer influences, at the same time thriving to grow and evolve (why does it do so? that i don't know), and eventually turn into the human form we know now.

And touching this, the "problem" I wanted to discuss is the question whether this energy, this force that drives matter to evolve is in any way close to what we know as consciousness. I'll share a quick story: yesterday night I was walking home and was startled by a frog on the path, which I almost stepped upon. I bent down to say hello to the little creature, and then thought of how easily I could have accidentaly destroyed it, squashed its insides on the asphalt with one step.

So whenever I consider the possibility that these is some sort of god-like consciousness, creator/source, whatever you call it, I can't help but wonder who in their right mind would feel it's a good idea to create a feeble meat-based being on a dangerous planet, where most of the things kill each other to survive, and most conscious forms also don't find being eaten or accidentally squashed awfully pleasant.

Thanks for letting me share this. It might be a bit chaotic, but I hope you get my point and this was the right section of the forums to post it.
Old 23-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Ascender
If we were built in the perfect world, we would of never learned the consequence a single step can have. Like a dead frog. If we want to live eternaly we have to know what it takes to do so. Having someone do it all for you, is not you taking the step but them.
Old 23-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Master
did you move the little frog off the path?
Old 23-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Master
Maybe this subject has been touched upon already, but anyway. I know that Christians and creationists usually deny the theory (is it still just a theory?) of evolution, but it seems to me that even without a scientific education it is a very plausible theory. When you look at our bodies and those of animals, it does seem quite obvious that these biological constructions have some sort of inner intelligence which adapts itself to different outer influences, at the same time thriving to grow and evolve (why does it do so? that i don't know), and eventually turn into the human form we know now.

One very special moment in my life, I realized as I looked out into nature contemplating such things as you bring up here, is that all of life is thriving to exist…… to be. IMO it will do that for eternity. It has to. It is always balancing itself…………….living.

And touching this, the "problem" I wanted to discuss is the question whether this energy, this force that drives matter to evolve is in any way close to what we know as consciousness. I'll share a quick story: yesterday night I was walking home and was startled by a frog on the path, which I almost stepped upon. I bent down to say hello to the little creature, and then thought of how easily I could have accidentaly destroyed it, squashed its insides on the asphalt with one step.

I have found that the force is life itself and we are it. We can be conscious of it or sleep walking. When we are conscious of it……..it expands, we expand.

So whenever I consider the possibility that these is some sort of god-like consciousness, creator/source, whatever you call it, I can't help but wonder who in their right mind would feel it's a good idea to create a feeble meat-based being on a dangerous planet, where most of the things kill each other to survive, and most conscious forms also don't find being eaten or accidentally squashed awfully pleasant.

IMO, you are making it too personal. It, life, consciousness, is doing what it must to exist.
I saw a show the other day where millions of Cicada’s come to life in this deep forest area and for a day or two they simply become the food for all life there. They then die and create this massive compost pile on this great forest floor which then becomes food for the large trees so that they can exist……..so that we can have oxygen.
It’s all pretty amazing. I don’t claim to understand it, but I do have an awe and respect and wonder for it all.

Thanks for letting me share this. It might be a bit chaotic, but I hope you get my point and this was the right section of the forums to post it.

Thank you for sharing with such sincerity and thank you for allowing me to share in return……James
Old 23-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Master
ugh, WhiteShaman! that green font on the green forum page is really hard to read.
Old 23-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
ugh, WhiteShaman! that green font on the green forum page is really hard to read.

AH! Now I know somebody does read my posts! My plan worked.........

(All fixed...blue works much better)
Old 23-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
It, life, consciousness, is doing what it must to exist.

When we use the word must, we imply that some circumstances or conditions force the choice of action. I must eat, or I'll die, I can't choose not to eat if I please so. So if it, life, consciousness must be in a certain way, there something bigger than that to condition it...

See where I'm going?
Old 23-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Master

Hi pitchfork,

Everything is consciousness - in different forms.
On the physical plane, it is an involved Spirit that is evolving in and through the temporary instrument of each individuated being, whatever the form.

~ J

Old 23-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
When we use the word must, we imply that some circumstances or conditions force the choice of action. I must eat, or I'll die, I can't choose not to eat if I please so. So if it, life, consciousness must be in a certain way, there something bigger than that to condition it...

See where I'm going?

Yes but.......
There can only ever be 'All that is'. There cannot be 'this' and 'that'. There can be this 'as' that.
Life lives........it is all that is and it is so amazing that it is beyond imagination. there is nothing bigger than itself. there is nothing apart from itself.
Life lives...it's not so much that it must...it is more that it IS. (I'll change my 'musts' to Is's..lol)

....and we are every bit it as we are an individual expression of it.........
Old 23-03-2011, 08:33 PM
aser's homie

Yet the tear of the frog if smashed is what connects it with it's life long passion on why it even lived. It's divinity.