Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 07-02-2023, 05:38 PM
Knower

Why duality is not true, part 2

Some believe duality is a reality because they unconsciously believe awareness/God/the universe is literally cut in two.

I emphasized 'unconsciously' and 'literally' because those who assert the reality of duality do not consciously realize they are asserting a split reality.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:45 PM
Master

We can spend a lot of time discussing whether duality (or form) is real or not.

But while we are in human form we still have to deal with the world of form as if it were real.

The mind likes to philosophise about reality but if we want to put food on the table then we have to go to the shops. The mind may claim that hunger (which is part of duality) is not real but eventually the mind just wants some food.

I suggest that the world of form (or duality) is real on its own level, even if it is just a temporary manifestation from a greater perspective.

Peace
Old 08-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
We can spend a lot of time discussing whether duality (or form) is real or not.

But while we are in human form we still have to deal with the world of form as if it were real.

The mind likes to philosophise about reality but if we want to put food on the table then we have to go to the shops. The mind may claim that hunger (which is part of duality) is not real but eventually the mind just wants some food.

I suggest that the world of form (or duality) is real on its own level, even if it is just a temporary manifestation from a greater perspective.

Peace
Is reality cut in two?
Old 08-02-2023, 06:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Is reality cut in two?
Maybe we need to differentiate between absolute reality and relative reality.

Absolute reality is one thing everywhere, the state of formless Being which pervades all form or duality. Formless Being is limitless and unchanging.

The relative reality of form is limited and ever-changing. Absolute reality pervades all relative reality.

We may deny the relative reality of form or duality, but this discussion can only take place within duality. All of your ideas about reality arise within the duality of the mind. If we say that duality has no reality then the mind is not real, the ideas being put forward are not real, this discussion is not real.

So why bother having an unreal discussion about that which has no reality?

And let's face it, for most people the existence of formless Being is just another concept. It is not real for them. The mind likes to intellectualise about reality but most people only know the relative reality of duality. They spend their daily lives dealing with relative reality. Whatever mental concepts people may have of absolute reality are nothing to do with absolute reality.

Peace
Old 06-03-2023, 02:50 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So why bother having an unreal discussion about that which has no reality?
The only way to break through the illusory dualistic perspective is to use concepts that serve that end. “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword." ~ Jesus Christ

"Sword" is a concept, yes, but one that was clearly meant to knock the (unreal) ego on its a**.
Old 07-03-2023, 03:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
The only way to...
... the (unreal) ego on its a**.
I would like that, if it could reveal the nondual for me. But the nondual can't be revealed when it already is everything. Cannot find that which is believed to be lost. And so, my experience of all being a duality hides nonduality. As it is also non duality experiencing as if it is dual.

I can't win that game of seeking. It is hopeless. To look for myself. Never be able to find it. Because I am simply already it, but I cannot know it. It isn't about me and my quest of seeking it.
Old 07-02-2023, 11:19 PM
Master
The most important of all duality, "right or wrong".
Which would you choose.

utopiandreamchild
Old 08-02-2023, 02:12 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Which would you choose.

utopiandreamchild
Do you want choice or love? You can't have both.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Which would you choose.
Right and wrong duality only exists in a person's personal relative reality. thus a person's personal relative reality is subjective.

Right and wrong does not exist outside of a person's personal relative reality, which is objective/absolute reality. One person thinks something is right while another person thinks that same thing is wrong. It is all subjective and has no truth to it.

The duality of matter/form/objective reality does not effect us spiritually in a negative way. However a person's imagination that puts the spiritual against form/matter/objective reality as if the spiritual and form/matter/objective reality are two different separate things, when they are not, does effect the person's spirituality in a negative way, and is and becomes the person's personal relative reality. This is the most important of all duality that effects a person's spirituality.
Old 02-03-2023, 01:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
Which would you choose.
Right brings pleasure and happiness (and not just karmic). wrong brings pain and suffering. so which would YOU choose ?