Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
It is hard to be bold, self confident, and full of self love when you are hounded and told on a daily basis that you are a sinner and fall short of the glory of God.

I know if I believed that to be true I would not really be self confident at all. I would probably feel worthless and probably end down a path that was full of self loathing.
That is so true Innerlight, here is a song I wrote, its called you are no longer a sinner, I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njzab...0&feature=plcp
Old 16-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Master
Part of the problem is modern churches is the willingness to cultivate cardigan wearing nerdiness..

Jesus constantly stood up to authority. Through his love for the unloved and outcast he entered conflict situations with those whose power was under threat because of his miracle work and teachings. In many ways you could say he was bold and humble. He was also a carpenter- probably a fit rough guy with a heart of gold!

Him or the apostles were not timid. they couldn't be because they had to be martyrs.

Self love puts a smile on our face and love for others gives you the confidence to be humble and not feel threatened.

Can I make a confession here? sometimes I listen to american bible belt radio on the iphone because it is sooo funny and so cheesy at times, it makes me laugh.
Old 16-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
...Self love puts a smile on our face and love for others gives you the confidence to be humble and not feel threatened.

Can I make a confession here? sometimes I listen to american bible belt radio on the iphone because it is sooo funny and so cheesy at times, it makes me laugh.

I wish more of the Christian churches in the US were like the one you've mentions somewhere here. Way too many of the Christian churches around here really emphasize the "you're a sinner" aspect of Christianity.

Some simply spew hatred. Do you hear that preacher espousing putting homosexuals inside an electrified fenced in area so they would all die? Read about it here. Yeesh... unfortunately, there are a lot of Christians here who would agree with him.
Old 16-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Do you hear that preacher espousing putting homosexuals inside an electrified fenced in area so they would all die? Read about it here. Yeesh... unfortunately, there are a lot of Christians here who would agree with him.

I personally think that these are false religions and are in the spirit and mindset of Anti-Christ. Because they claim to be of Christ and speak his words... yet they are everything he spoke against.
Old 16-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
I wish more of the Christian churches in the US were like the one you've mentions somewhere here. Way too many of the Christian churches around here really emphasize the "you're a sinner" aspect of Christianity.

Some simply spew hatred. Do you hear that preacher espousing putting homosexuals inside an electrified fenced in area so they would all die? Read about it here. Yeesh... unfortunately, there are a lot of Christians here who would agree with him.

John 3:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus ministry is not one of condemnation or that verse is not true.
Old 16-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
I personally think that these are false religions and are in the spirit and mindset of Anti-Christ. Because they claim to be of Christ and speak his words... yet they are everything he spoke against.

Absolutely agree Mind's Eye.
Old 16-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
John 3:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus ministry is not one of condemnation or that verse is not true.

Can you go to North Carolina and tell that preacher that please?..
Old 16-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
That is so true Innerlight, here is a song I wrote, its called you are no longer a sinner, I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njzab...0&feature=plcp

Very nice song, Robert. Thanks for sharing.

Blackraven
Old 16-06-2012, 11:56 PM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
It is true that people have misconception of "sin", she... and about ignorance.

"Sin" is not merely about actions in life which we commit.

We are to understand we live in a fallen and sinful world, and body.
Buddhism also speaks of illusion and ignorance of the greater reality which exists, apart from the material illusion.

Either way, how you define it, guilt is a natural consequence...
for which God had long provided for in the early ordination of practices concerning the Atonement in the Bible, for the sake of conscience in mankind.

Which is why Jesus is called "The atoning", and "sacrificial Lamb".

The situation and remedy was long established through the ages.

"Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

But to say that guilt is a consequence of nature is to draw too much of a line between God and its creation. This is a hallmark of the major patriarchal religions...even the bhagvad gita. The best you get is tolerance, the worst is outright condemnation.

The Goddess sees herself even amongst ordinary things. She says "Nothing is privileged, everything is sacred. Everything is privileged , nothing is sacred." Nothing; the womb.

It might in practice work out that terrible things can happen in life...but I believe we should in principle have a lot more equality than we do.
Old 16-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Can you go to North Carolina and tell that preacher that please?..
He has a bible and god will make him read it sooner or later, you have to trust that.