Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Sybilline

Who was Cain' wife?...

An old question, and I'm not a big fan of taking the bible's stories literally, but for discussion's sake, what do you think happened here?

They say it could be Lilith. His sister. Another race. Nothing was mentioned in the Bible, it just says he killed Abel then after his short conversation with God:

16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.
17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch.

Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch. 18 To Enoch was born Irad, and Irad was the father of Mehujael, and Mehujael was the father of Methushael, etc. etc.

Ideas?
Old 15-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Master
Oh dear when we take the scriptures literal we so get into trouble lol.
Old 15-06-2012, 04:25 AM
S-word

One of the many daughters of the first human being I would suppose, or perhaps a female of a sub-human species, so closely related to man, successful breeding could occurr.
Old 15-06-2012, 04:30 AM
Deactivated Account

Just curious what is the purpose of these questions, that no one really knows the answers to ? People answer with quotes from scriptures, that no one really agrees on anyways . Just for conversations sake ? makes no sense to me

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 15-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Sybilline

I don't know... I am still interested in the stories. They are pretty good. I mean I've seen it work with Norse mythology, in this very site, and that gave me hope.

S-word, I thought that would be very interesting, to know that it might have been an entirely other race :)
Old 15-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Sybilline, I wasn't singling out your question, guess it was just a general wondering and it ended up in your thread .... carry on, lol ! I hope someone can answer your question.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 15-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Knower

I've often thought about this.I think she was a neanderthal woman.
Old 15-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Master
http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.co...ry/descension/

Video at the bottom of the page.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 15-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Master

Cain obviously married one of his sisters.

Quote:
Cain’s Brothers and Sisters

In Genesis 5:4 we read a statement that sums up the life of Adam and Eve: “After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.”
During their lives, Adam and Eve had a number of male and female children. In fact, the Jewish historian Josephus wrote, “The number of Adam’s children, as says the old tradition, was thirty-three sons and twenty-three daughters.”7
Scripture doesn’t tell us how many children were born to Adam and Eve, but considering their long life spans (Adam lived for 930 years—Genesis 5:5), it would seem logical to suggest there were many. Remember, they were commanded to “be fruitful, and multiply” (Genesis 1:28).

The Wife

If we now work totally from Scripture, without any personal prejudices or other extrabiblical ideas, then back at the beginning, when there was only the first generation, brothers would have had to marry sisters or there wouldn’t have been any more generations!
We’re not told when Cain married or many of the details of other marriages and children, but we can say for certain that Cain’s wife was either his sister or a close relative.

A closer look at the Hebrew word for “wife” in Genesis reveals something readers may miss in translation. It was more obvious to those speaking Hebrew that Cain’s wife was likely his sister. (There is a slim possibility that she was his niece, but either way, a brother and sister would have married in the beginning.) The Hebrew word for “wife” used in Genesis 4:17 (the first mention of Cain’s wife) is ishshah, and it means “woman/wife/female.”
And Cain knew his wife [ishshah], and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son—Enoch (Genesis 4:17).
The word ishshah is the word for “woman,” and it means “from man.” It is a derivation of the Hebrew words ‘iysh (pronounced: eesh) and enowsh, which both mean “man.” This can be seen in Genesis 2:23 where the name “woman” (ishshah) is given to one who came from Adam.
And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman [ishshah], because she was taken out of Man [iysh]” (Genesis 2:23).
Thus, Cain’s wife is a descendant of Adam/man. Therefore, she had to be his sister (or possibly niece). Hebrew readers should be able to make this connection easier; however, much is lost when translated

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/who-was-cains-wife
Old 15-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Master
There is Human, and then there is Human

To me, the former is more plausible.
Again, unearthed near Istanbul, a structure estimated to be 12,000
years old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ0Vi...eature=related

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein