Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 AM
TeeHee

LightWorker gave the best response, and as for number three I've been ignoring a few Scriptures that I decided to start making an application for in my life. It's the same people who continually impede Christian discussion by either subjecting the readers to sidetracked threads, or personal bias and prejudice. Then they start their own thread, and get their panties all knotted up when the same happens to them.
Matthew 7:6
"Don't give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before the pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to ...

Matthew 10:14
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Master
First you need the pearls to throw, then you need the dogs.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Master
IF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Come on folks, this is not a trolling nor an argument thread... This is a question that I would like serious answer for. If you have definitive proof one way or another, type it out and let's talk, not argue about it.

I will admit openly that I think that the Bible writers borrowed heavily from the ancient Egyptian myths... The Stories of Horus and Jesus are nearly a perfect match of each other. But if someone can give evidence that this is not the case, I am not above admitting I was wrong. I'm looking for honest answers here.

And Morpheus...Instead of always accusing people of attacking individuals of the faith and telling long drawn out stories, why not contribute something to the conversation within the context of the question.

If my reply is not enough for you, nothing ever will be.

AU? What do you think the result is, for me, in replying as I did? It is for my own edification also. Don't you think? I am not burdened for it.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Gracey

i just read about the similarities of horus and jesus......i had no idea!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
If my reply is not enough for you, nothing ever will be.

AU? What do you think the result is, for me, in replying as I did? It is for my own edification also. Don't you think? I am not burdened for it.
its all good mate if your genuine you will find what you seek.

Its a pretty big question and one that if you entertain it will begin to allow doubt enter your mind.

Some stones are best left unturned as they have snakes under them sometimes. Devil pun intended!

ANd sorry mate i wasnt trying to derail your thread but i have been caught up in so many troll threads I cant help but be cynical sometimes, i know I shouldn't be and i have to work on that.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Newfreedom9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu

Its a pretty big question and one that if you entertain it will begin to allow doubt enter your mind.

Some stones are best left unturned as they have snakes under them sometimes. Devil pun intended!

Doubt wouldn't enter your mind, unless there was a reason to doubt what your told. Truth isn't something to fear. If you're seeking the truth, you will find it, and it will set you free.

Personally, I'm happy for all the truth I've found and I don't regret looking outside the box for it, not in the least. If you turn over the rock then you will face your fears and find out theres nothing to fear! I am glad I didn't spend my whole life in fear.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
LightWorker gave the best response, and as for number three I've been ignoring a few Scriptures that I decided to start making an application for in my life. It's the same people who continually impede Christian discussion by either subjecting the readers to sidetracked threads, or personal bias and prejudice. Then they start their own thread, and get their panties all knotted up when the same happens to them.
Matthew 7:6
"Don't give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before the pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to ...

Matthew 10:14

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Amen, Tee. However, again, you get what you give out. So, even if it is not recieved, and doesn't prosper on the ground it i sowed, the "sower" or giver is edified. No?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 AM
S-word

Quote:
How is it that there are other cultures predating Christianity who have had;

The Son of God being born of a virgin on the earth... His birth place marked by a bright star... Had three wise men visit him in a manger... Grew up and was baptized by a baptizer.. Had 12 apostles... Instituted a sacred meal with bread and wine... Turned water into wine at a wedding... Gave a sermon on a mount... Walked on water... Was called the way, truth and the life, Alpha and Omega... Was killed by wicked unbelieving men... Descended into the lower worlds and preached freedom to the captives... Rose to life on the third day and ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father... (And much, much more.)

And yet Christian scholars will say that there is no connection between their Christ and the Christs of other older cultures; in fact, some scholars say that it is impossible that Christianity borrowed from any of these other cultures!!! How can that even be????

Are we to believe that Jesus was a historical figure and did the exact same feats in reality that other mythological God-men did centuries before him in Allegorical tales.. and even gave the same messages and spoke the same words??? It seems pretty hard to swallow that Christianity did not borrow from these other cultures... How could the similarities be so great?

Your thoughts on this?

Throughout the many years of this age of man, our ancient ancestors have tried to express in words, the genetic memories of past ages of man, which are locked within the body of mankind.

Because our forefathers did not have the accumulated knowledge of the universe as do, we of today, they expressed those hidden memories as mythical stories in which is revealed the truth, if we would but care to open those stories to the light of today’s knowledge.

You have undoubtedly noticed in the majority of the God myths, that the heir to the spiritual throne of God-head, within an invisible dimension that co-exists within this visible three dimensional world, is born of an incestuous brother/sister relationship. Ie: Isis was the Queen goddess, who inherited the matrilineal throne of earth (EVE=The Androgynous body of mankind, of male and female cells) and she was the sister wife of her brother Osiris, the spiritual Godhead and Lord of the spirits within the inner dimension, who was born from the same androgynous body of mankind, (Age of man) as was his sister, who was to be the invisible godhead to the next earthly physical androgynous body of mankind.

It was Osiris, who stood on the top of the stair case; (The top of the ladder of evolution within the inner dimension,) who was the most high of the underworld, the “Lord of Spirit” a spiritual androgynous enclosure of ALL the spirits of the people of that age of man, with who Isis was united as one spiritual being after the physical death of that body of mankind in which "The Lord of Spirits" develops, that was of course, before she (The Goats) who are cast back into the refining fires of physical life, were divided from He (The sheep) who was to be the spiritual father of the God-child Horus, who was formed in the womb of his sister, the great androgynous body of mankind.

Isis and Osiris were not indigenous deities to Egypt but were introduced from the north. The cult of Isis has gone through many changes since the days of Abraham. Herodotus rightfully equates her with Demeter the sister wife of Zeus and mother of Dionysus whose body was torn to pieces by the Titans, then boiled in water (The baptism of water, which was the flood) before being roasted in fire; (The coming baptism of fire)

Zeus was the sixth child (The Spiritual Godhead born from the body of the most high that had developed in the sixth universal body) who was born to Time (Kronos) and Space (Rhea) and of the six children born to Time (Masculine) and space, (Feminine) Zeus was the only child that wasn’t swallowed by Time immediately after they were born, and like Zeus, Osiris was born of the union of Space (Mut) and Time (Seb) and created from Nut (The primeval elements in space or in Mut) by Amen (the soul; the activating and creative force of the universe, or the Logos).

When Zeus was born, his mother ’Space’ hid him in a cave, a tunnel (A worm hole) and gave to her partner ‘Time,’ a stone wrapped in swaddling cloth, which he swallowed.

The stone swallowed by Time was none other than the philosopher’s stone, the concealed stone of many colours, the single stone with seven facets, the mystic seed of transcendental life, which should invade, tinge, and wholly transmute, the imperfect self into spiritual gold. E. Underhill. Mysticism, p 170.

The physical (Material) body of mankind, who was created on the sixth day, or the sixth period of universal activity, had evolved into a spiritual or energized body, that was able to pass in and out of the door that leads from this dimension of matter, into the dimension of anti-matter. And it is this new species that is able to descend through time, and bring the evolving life within the earlier five days or rather the five earlier generations of the universe, to their full completion.

And it was by a cunning devise of Metis ‘which is divine wisdom,’ that Cronos (Time) was forced to bring up the five children, or the five universal bodies that he had swallowed before they had developed an intellectual species within them.

Those children, who were swallowed by time, were the product of the first five creative days or periods of universal activity. Osiris like Adam was the first man to be mummified and Osiris is the god of the first of the five new made days. Budge—Book of the Dead, p. 627, “O Osiris, son of Nut (Primeval matter), I have given unto thee the Sovereignty of thy father Seb (Time), and the goddess Mut (Space), thy mother, (Lord of Space and Time) who gave birth to the gods, brought you forth as the first born of five gods, and created thy beauties and fashioned thy members.”

Isis was the most popular goddess from the time of Psamtik 1 (663-610 B.C) till the coming of Christianity, her cult appealed to the Greeks and Romans alike and when Egypt came under Roman rule, her cult spread through much of Europe. By the time of Christ, the chief center of her worship was in Rome. Isis is commonly depicted with Horus the child (Harpocrates) on her lap, and today, it is impossible to distinguish between the late pagan and early Christian icons of the mother and child, it’s almost as though the old Pagan Queen was stripped of her old garments and clothed with the new covering of Christianity, "The Bride of Christ."

You do realise of course, that Mary the daughter of Alexander Helios (Heli) conceived the child Jesus to her half brother Joseph the son of Heli, who is not to be confused with Joseph the son of Jacob, whose union to Mary was not consummated until she had given birth to the first of her three biological sons.

Isaac is a prototype of Jesus and like Jesus, Isaac was born of God's promise according to the workings of the Holy Spirit. Both Isaac and Jesus were the sons of parents who were both sired by the one Father. ‘Terah,’ is the father to both Abraham and Sarah, by two different women, while ‘Heli,’ is the father of both Joseph and Mary, again by two different mothers.

Both Mary and Sarah were informed by an angel that they would become Pregnant and bear the son of God's promise. Isaac was offered up as a sacrifice by his physical father, Jesus was offered up by his spiritual father, whose spirit descended upon him in the form of a dove as the voice was heard to say, ‘ you are my beloved in whom I am well pleased, Today I have become your Father, or THIS DAY I have begotten thee.” See the more ancient authorities of Luke 3: 22; before it was corrupted, and Isaac was offered up on the very spot where Jesus was crucified.

In Luke 3: 22; (In place of “Thou art my beloved son in who I am well pleased.”) The following authorities of the second, third, and fourth centuries read, “This day I have begotten thee,” vouched for by Codex D, and the most ancient copies of the old latin (a, b. c. ff.I), by Justin Martyr (AD 140), Clemens Alex, (AD. 190), Methodius (AD. 290), among the Greeks. And among the Latins, Lactaitius (AD 300), Hilary (AD) Juvencus (AD. 330), Faustus (AD. 400) and Augustine.
All these oldest manuscripts were changed completely. They now read, “This is my son in whom I am well pleased.” Whereas the original variant was, “Thou art my Son. This day I have begotten thee.”
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
i just read about the similarities of horus and jesus......i had no idea!!!
Yes its also with Krishna, all very interesting.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Animus27

Quote:
How is it that there are other cultures predating Christianity who have had;

The Son of God being born of a virgin on the earth... His birth place marked by a bright star... Had three wise men visit him in a manger... Grew up and was baptized by a baptizer.. Had 12 apostles... Instituted a sacred meal with bread and wine... Turned water into wine at a wedding... Gave a sermon on a mount... Walked on water... Was called the way, truth and the life, Alpha and Omega... Was killed by wicked unbelieving men... Descended into the lower worlds and preached freedom to the captives... Rose to life on the third day and ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father... (And much, much more.)

And yet Christian scholars will say that there is no connection between their Christ and the Christs of other older cultures; in fact, some scholars say that it is impossible that Christianity borrowed from any of these other cultures!!! How can that even be????

Are we to believe that Jesus was a historical figure and did the exact same feats in reality that other mythological God-men did centuries before him in Allegorical tales.. and even gave the same messages and spoke the same words??? It seems pretty hard to swallow that Christianity did not borrow from these other cultures... How could the similarities be so great?

Your thoughts on this?
Which cultures? You'll have to be more specific with which figures you're referring to. I've heard this idea many times before, and while I tend to agree with some of it's claims, I think many proponents over-extend their evidence and misinterpret some of the myth they draw from.

One Christian theologian (name escapes me, at the moment) suggested the Devil foresaw the coming of Christ and imitated his life so when he finally did arrive, people would be incredulous to his claims of divinity.