Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well, I guess that's that, then, isn't it...

Time to renounce the faith that so many in the past have given their lives for, for not renouncing, and, still do. Based on your assertion?
Interesting you put such effort out.
Tad as a teen.
People frequent around christian forum sections for 3 reasons.

1. They believe In God and Jesus as lord and savior and engage in meaningful chat about it and look to encourage other believers.

2. They doubt God exists but are not 100% sure of their doubt.

3. To get attention by starting arguments, because often Christians bite and its good to amuse them.

I have a habit good or bad of dismissing and ignoring option 3.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
People frequent around christian forum sections for 3 reasons.

1. They believe In God and Jesus as lord and savior and engage in meaningful chat about it and look to encourage other believers.

2. They doubt God exists but are not 100% sure of their doubt.

3. To get attention by starting arguments, because often Christians bite and its good to amuse them.

I have a habit good or bad of dismissing and ignoring option 3.
That's very childish, what I see here is some that are showing there is more to just believing in the words you read, I myself am sharing what I went through as a christian and where it brought me to, beliefs are good for the beginner, but we must go beyond mere believing, we must realize the truth from within our own Being.

I have nothing against Christianity,the only thing that I will continue to question is when Christians or any belief system, stop others expanding and growing to higher Consciousness, beyond all beliefs.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
That's very childish, what I see here is some that are showing there is more to just believing in the words you read, I myself am sharing what I went through as a christian and where it brought me to, beliefs are good for the beginner, but we must go beyond mere believing, we must realize the truth from within our own Being.

I have nothing against Christianity,the only thing that I will continue to question is when Christians or any belief system, stop others expanding and growing to higher Consciousness, beyond all beliefs.
thats the thing you are spreading your own gospel somewhat.

I believe in the Gospel of Jesus I guess I am firm in my beliefs those words in Matthew, Mark, luke and John are truth to me, and are truth. I have no reason to doubt them Nor do I have a reason to constantly defend them.

See if you need to constantly defend something its as though it is like having a wooden idol for a God. I dont need to defend the lord. I was only asked to pass on the message passed on to me. god takes care of the rest.

regarding what I said above i have put lots of time and effort into trying to put together a good response of advice for someone as it turns out was a troll. Christians on forums get bombarded with it. After a while you don't bother anymore.. Not saying morpheus is as i think he has a genuine question if he needs it answered for his faith but one i am not getting into.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:44 AM
TeeHee

Quote:

I believe in the Gospel of Jesus I guess I am firm in my beliefs those words in Matthew, Mark, luke and John are truth to me, and are truth. I have no reason to doubt them Nor do I have a reason to constantly defend them.

See if you need to constantly defend something its as though it is like having a wooden idol for a God. I dont need to defend the lord. I was only asked to pass on the message passed on to me. god takes care of the rest.

regarding what I said above i have put lots of time and effort into trying to put together a good response of advice for someone as it turns out was a troll. Christians on forums get bombarded with it. After a while you don't bother anymore..

Well said, and I'll go as far as saying that this is very similar to the trolls in Spiritual Forums, ( Spiritual Forum Trolls ) they're likened to Burger King employees, serving religion their own way.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:

regarding what I said above i have put lots of time and effort into trying to put together a good response of advice for someone as it turns out was a troll. Christians on forums get bombarded with it. After a while you don't bother anymore.. Not saying morpheus is as i think he has a genuine question if he needs it answered for his faith but one i am not getting into.
That may be so but there is no troll on this thread, I like talking about Christianity, but I hold no particular belief, truth cannot be held, it is ever flowing, after all what is Christianity, everyone that calls themselves christian have a different belief to the other, as do Catholics, Protestants and all other denominations, no one is really right or wrong, there is just a difference of viewing the truth, you have your's and I have mine.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 AM
TeeHee

I wouldn't trust you, you're too wishy washy for my tastes. But I'll probably be subjected to a reply in this thread, as your beliefs only extend to the point of a keyboard, lacking enough conviction to cross the street for. How's that for trolling -- LOL
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
I wouldn't trust you, you're too wishy washy for my tastes. But I'll probably be subjected to a reply in this thread, as your beliefs only extend to the point of a keyboard, lacking enough conviction to cross the street for. How's that for trolling -- LOL
You did a very good job lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Newfreedom9

I think they're all similar because they're all explaining the same thing in a story form. I was just watching this earlier and it's very relevant to your question. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK37rl9TBrg

Santos does a great job of explaining how scriptures and other writings are describing things in the heavens (planetary alignments and how they effect us as humans.) Very interesting stuff!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Mind's Eye

Come on folks, this is not a trolling nor an argument thread... This is a question that I would like serious answer for. If you have definitive proof one way or another, type it out and let's talk, not argue about it.

I will admit openly that I think that the Bible writers borrowed heavily from the ancient Egyptian myths... The Stories of Horus and Jesus are nearly a perfect match of each other. But if someone can give evidence that this is not the case, I am not above admitting I was wrong. I'm looking for honest answers here.

And Morpheus...Instead of always accusing people of attacking individuals of the faith and telling long drawn out stories, why not contribute something to the conversation within the context of the question.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfreedom9
I think they're all similar because they're all explaining the same thing in a story form. I was just watching this earlier and it's very relevant to your question. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK37rl9TBrg

Santos does a great job of explaining how scriptures and other writings are describing things in the heavens (planetary alignments and how they effect us as humans.) Very interesting stuff!

Thanks for sharing... I am familiar with this idea, but Christian scholars deny that this is so. And that's what I'm looking for here; why the stories are so similar and yet they say there is no connection between the Bible and other ancient myths.