Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
I struggle with prayer, is it ok to say the same prayer if not asking for anything?

There is this from the Lutheran Church, which pretty much covers everything we need spiritually, for our own edification.
Jesus had stated that it is not necessary to repeat a statement, or request over and over again in rote, as the Father knows our needs before we even ask.
Very often though, prayer is for ourselves.

From the Lutheran, it is the "confession of sins", which reminds us of humility, and assurance of God's provision for us, in Christ.

"Heavenly Father,
We know that we are by nature, sinful and unclean,

We have sinned against you in thought word and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone.

We have not loved you with our whole heart,
we have not loved our neighbor as ourselves,
and we justly deserve your present and eternal punishment.

For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on us,
Forgive us, renew us and lead us, so that we may walk in your will, and delight in your way...to the glory of Your holy name.
Amen."

Of course, we should know that mercy and forgiveness are what is provided for us through Christ's atoning work.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zem
No one can say for sure, and I'll bet there will be a huge mix of people in hell who never prayed, but also those who prayed all the time. I would just have to ask you, what is stopping you from praying? God knows our hearts and our motivations.

For example, if you don't pray because you think you're better than God, you don't need him etc. Then that sounds like the kind of thing that COULD put you into the wrong camp.

But if you don't pray, for example, because you're not sure what to say. I would find it hard to believe that God would be so upset with you that he would send you into eternal hellfire for that reason alone.

Just ask yourself why you don't pray, and if you can't think of any reason, then just try asking God to be your friend. Pretty simple. You don't need to say a whole bunch spiritual sounding stuff in front of other people. Just ask him.

I dont have the desire in my heart to pray.
Old 18-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:

Would your desires involve conscious creation?

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 20-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Master
Then too, there is the verse from Paul, to...

"Pray without ceasing.
Speaking to yourselves in psalms, hymns, spiritual songs,
singing, and making melody in your heart to the Lord."

Now what?
So there is various types of praying, true?

Perhaps candy needs to define what she is referring to. Which are you referring to, candy?
Or, are you just rying to make a point?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
If I do not pray will I go to Hell?

Candy, there is No “hell”…fire, regardless of what anyone believes. Many don’t understand what Jesus meant when he said….(“And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell”, Matt.5:29). But notice what Jesus said here…(Matt.25:41- Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels). Now if hell suppose to be a place where demons reside, and wicked dead are tortured. then why did Jesus say an everlasting fire would be waiting for them? All Heavenly beings knows humans understands what fire does, fire totally destroys things!

Jehovah God NEVER told the first couple, they would go to a “hellfire” if they disobeyed him. He said they would die, and they later did! ,(Gen.2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die). Here’s more proof “hell” isn’t a fiery place where demons resides… (Psa.139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. (David prays again to God, now if hell is a place where demons resides, God touches nothing unclean. hell would be considered by God unclean, why would God be there? Again why would he let a faithful servant go there?

And notice this one…(Jonah 2:1,2- Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice). was Jonah being tortured by demons?, was there fire in the fish belly?…no!

When we die, our sins are forgiven, because death, is a payment for sin ,(Rom.-6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. And Rom.6:7 -For he that is dead is freed from sin). Jesus blood freed humans from that curse, which was total death. Maybe you should do some research on the origins of hell. Basically the word “hell” replaced the words sheol ,(grave). So you can best believe man placed the words “hell” in Jesus words, (with Satan’s guidance). This helps make satan lie the truth, coming from Jesus words. So even though Jehovah God allowed that word there, he also made sure those who’s seeking would question Jesus saying ,(Matt.25:41). Just as he allowed his faithful servants to write the truth.

Here’s a bit of “hell’s” origin…“The Teutonic Goddess of the Dead and daughter of Loki was named Hel, a Pagan god of torture and punishment. Another "L" was added when the books of the Old Testament were formulatedThe prophets who wrote the Bible did not know the word "Hell"; they used the Hebrew Sheol and the Greek Hades, which meant the grave; also the Greek Tartaros, Gehenna, which was a valley near Jerusalem where Moloch reigned and garbage was dumped and burned. It is from this that the Christian Church has evolved the idea of "fire and brimstone" in Hell. Don’t let the false teachings of a hellfire scare you. No one will go there, because it’s not real. peace
Old 22-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Then too, there is the verse from Paul, to...

"Pray without ceasing.
Speaking to yourselves in psalms, hymns, spiritual songs,
singing, and making melody in your heart to the Lord."

Now what?
So there is various types of praying, true?

Perhaps candy needs to define what she is referring to. Which are you referring to, candy?
Or, are you just rying to make a point?

I'm reffering to simple prayer, I dont just dont have the desire to do it.
Old 22-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Sybilline

Simple prayer... Kneeling down, head bowed, palms together, asking for something?

If you do not have the desire to do it... Don't.

Is the struggle you refer to --- a struggle to make yourself desire it?
Old 22-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Master
Well, do you ever have compassion when you hear of misfortunes of others, and say a prayer about it?
Or, if you yourself have a need? Or, do you never have needs.

What about the needs of others? Explain.

Lately, in modern day, there has been alot of research done concerning connectivity between everything, and the efficy of thoughts and prayers towards others.
Even involving plants, and just the makeup of water molecules and its reaction to intent, thought, and prayer.

Old 23-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Zem

Quote:

Why don't you try telling God that you don't have the desire to pray to him?