Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Zem

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScorpio
Christianity is so twisted.. I believe the Bible is man made, and man twisted the Bible for control over fear. Why would the Creator, a divine, loving being (God) make a set of rules for us to obey, and must obey for his love? It's like a Father saying to a child "you must do this and be this certain age for me to love you."
Yes, I do believe in Jesus, and God, but I believe all religions are pathways to the same thing. God loves us, even if we said 'screw you God, you're full of ****.' some book that was MADE BY MAN is just saying that we need to follow a list of rules for God's love. And if we didn't follow those rules, we'd be thrown into a 'furnace of fire'.. I don't get it. Do you see what I mean?

There is a really nice verse in Romans chapter 2 which says that sincere NON-Christians are the living word. So to me, I don't really care if the Bible is man made or not. Obviously it was written by men, and in many parts of the Bible, men gave their own personal opinions. This fact alone is not enough for me to discard all that I believe. At some point the Holy Spirit needs to be mentioned, and that is what Paul was talking about in Romans 2. Jesus said that if we want to know if the "rules" he was laying down were true, we should put them into practice. If you do that, you will see that these "rules" are more than just words in a book, they're certainly not "designed" to promote fear of the government (the exact opposite, in fact), and they are indeed a blessing. Too bad nobody wants to give that a shot though...not even so called Christians.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
she who plays

@S-word:

I find Bible stories interesting; thanks for trying to explain. I did read it but not having had any formal religious upbringing or teaching, I can't say I understand a lot of it. I don't deny it however, just trying to translate it to ideas that speak to me. Most would have to do this.
Old 13-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iScorpio
Christianity is so twisted.. I believe the Bible is man made, and man twisted the Bible for control over fear. Why would the Creator, a divine, loving being (God) make a set of rules for us to obey, and must obey for his love? It's like a Father saying to a child "you must do this and be this certain age for me to love you."

Well, that' one take on it. How about becoming aware of all that's around you in the world? Humanity, actually, is twisted, and the Bible well informs us of this.
"Rules" (Law's and recommendations), are about Truth, and are written for our benefit.
Also?
"Saved", means rescued, as by another. And, "Grace" means, "Unmerited Favor", according to Webster.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein