Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatChild
You Rock!

Mike, I wish for you to just go and be happy in your life. I agree with what Gem said about the Bible being rumored as God's word while it actually came from Human Beings.

My thought is that the Bible Was indeed channeled information, but the interpretations were largely metaphorical and were perceived through Human's natural Human minds that made the information mean something that Humans would understand at that time.

Sexuality cannot be changed. Nor do I think it needs to be helped. We are who we are and no amount of shame, judgement or righteousness helps us grow into the Beautiful and Natural creatures that we are. We're all Ok as we are, and it's better to think for ourselves than to be told who we are and who we're not. Nor who we should and shouldn't be... After all, no one else lives our lives internally so it makes no sense to judge about such things as sexuality.

I think this is as good as it gets regarding whether or not loving another is good, bad, moral, amoral, righteous, or sinful. You took what I've been looking for and gave it to me.

Mike
“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12

"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." John 17:17

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, That ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:13
Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Zem

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
He didn't need to say anything about it because he lived among people who knew that homosexuality was wrong. The apostle Paul spoke of it in his letters because his work was among Gentiles who didn't have the knowledge of God that the Jews did.

Jesus didn't speak of every sin during his time on earth but in fact something he said did relate to homosexuality.

Jesus was speaking about marriage and divorce but he did point out that the establishment of marriage was related to the fact that God created us as male and female. This clearly teaches that marriage is only between a man and a woman. Since God intended for sex to be practiced only within marriage this means that homosexual activity is always wrong.

That's a good point. I suppose that back in those days as well, homosexuality was not practiced very much (if at all), because of the social and religious pressure.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Master
One has to think about the situation of early Isreal, under God's guidance. A nation developing, and meant to be the light of the world, who the devil hates, and through whom the Messiah would eventually manifest.

"If a man's actions are not guided by thoughtful conclusions, then they are guided by inconsiderate impulse, unbalanced appetite, caprice, or the circumstances of the moment.
To cultivate unhindered, unreflective external activity is to foster enslavement, for it leaves the person at the mercy of appetite, sense, and circumstance." - John Dewey

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Master
The above is written by a confessed atheist, btw.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein