Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 08-05-2011, 02:15 PM
emmabee1990

You ARE beautiful

This one always stuck with me after i watching the movie "Why i wore my lipstick to my masectomy" it touched me in so many ways this movie and portrayed so well how womens confidence can be lowered and how each woman wishes she could be that completely strong and confident person like some women they look up to that are so smart, confident, capable and strong. This movie is also based on a true story of a woman who fought with breast cancer and her confidence wasn't what she would like it to be, she wanted to be that strong capable women who's daring enough to wear red lipstick.

As the two men and the women in the hairdressers spent time finding a wig for Garalyn who was so worried about losing her husband in her fight with breast cancer, she cared so much about her appearance so her husband didn't think she would be broken goods and leave her. When they found the right wig the bald man dressed as a woman in a blonde long wig said "It's what inside that counts. anyone who cant see how beautiful you are, ain't worth your time". Then during her naration she said that we should love the angels that help us when they do come around to help.

This scene touched me so much, everyone has heard that line before but like me who wishes you could be that strong and capable woman, every time you read that line it really helps you to remember your self worth and how beautiful you are no matter what anyone does or says, your whole being is beautiful and it's what inside that counts not on the out.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Cherub T

That's lovely! I'm going through a tough time just now and it helped. x
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:
"It's what inside that counts. anyone who cant see how beautiful you are, ain't worth your time".

Talk about beautiful~*

This was very timely for me, as well. ty emmabee.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:12 PM
surrendertotheflow

Great message for all of us women out there. We really break ourselves down sometimes trying to live up to some "image"

No one is more deserving of your love than yourself. No matter what anyone else tells you, you are beautiful! believe in yourself. Thanks for sharing a wonderful message
Old 09-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Guide
Thank you for sharing. Beautiful!
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Knower
That is simply beautiful. I want people to love me for all of me not just the outside physical appearance. That went out in high school for me...I want that connection on all levels now.
Old 16-05-2011, 08:25 AM
adamiava

This is wonderful!

Thank you x
Old 16-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Startingover

I love this x
Old 22-05-2011, 08:59 PM
aser's homie

Worthless, he who casts the first stone at your beauty.
Old 25-05-2011, 06:30 PM
lotus1964

Perfect! Part of the reminder I needed today