Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 20-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Master
I enjoy watering the plants and taking the recycling out.. those choices as i feel connected to the earth by taking care of her. All my other house chores hurt my back... although i do love cooking..

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 20-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Master
Hi breath

I don't mind housework either ... it can be very therapeutic once I get motivated. i am a sweeper lol Years ago I lived in this old farmhouse which was built around the turn of the 19th century ... it was huge and had 4 bedrooms, a double living/dining area, a massive kitchen and central hallway which was so wide you couldn't touch the walls with both arms spread out lol. It had a tongue and groove timber floor and apparently when they laid it all those years ago the timber was too green and it shrunk leaving a lovely gap between each join, which was a wonderful dust collector lol anyway to cut a long story short i used to sweep the whole house pretty much every day which involved sweeping in between every single floorboard lol ... it almost became an obsession of sorts ... I didnt own a vacuum cleaner ... it was extremely meditative and I guess humbling too in a way ... I did that for 2 years lol ended up with a nice collection of broom handles lol then we covered it with linoleum and my life changed dramatically to say the least lol ... all of a sudden I had more time on my hands and my hands lost their 'callouses' lol ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by breath
Hi Everyone

I feel that good ol' housework can be a real pain to many of us, flooding it with negative feelings every time we hear of it like it's some kind of annoyance in the way of our true meaning in life.

Well I think just for fun, we should all post what our favorite housework job is, because it is an important aspect of our lives today and maybe we should enjoy the art of it!

I'll start... the only rule is you have to use the word LOVE at least once. :P

Without a doubt I LOVE mopping the floor! It's almost theraputing like painting. Filling in the gaps, breathing clarity into the house almost instantly. I love the motion I use with my body while I do it and the fact that it feels like an art I can perfect. I also like washing the dishes, but not as much as cleaning the floor.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy camper
I love sweeping the floor first thing in the morning,and yes,there is a technique,BUT my boyfriend also loves sweeping in the morning,so even I have swept,he will still go "oh,but you have mist somethings,like that there in the corner" and he will sweep anyway.So I have stopped sweeping.I do some organizing instead,like putting away cups and plates,cushions etc.It works too.

I don't mind house work too much.Once I met a woman,who just very casually mentioned,that if I don't feel like doing it(housework)for myself,I do it for God.This really stuck in my head and I apply it now regulary.It really works for me and brings inspiration and satisfaction.

LOL... in all honesty I don't think God would care one way or another if you did housework or not........its a necessary evil only......unless you want to live in filth....I don't .........so i do it......but after 40 years of cooking and cleaning up after others who seem to think making mess is great fun......I've had enough and if i could afford my own chef and someone who likes to get paid to clean then thats the way I would definitely go because I'm over it.......hehehe!..... I guess being a woman makes for a life of trivial menial home tasks, with the occasional HUGE effort from the male in the house (well the middle aged ones)........
Old 20-04-2011, 02:12 PM
mattie

Housework

I often really enjoy cooking. It’s like painting w/ flavors.

When ODed w/ housework, just don't do it. & don't feel a shred of guilt about not doing it. A few dust bunnies never killed anyone!!! LOL.
Old 20-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:
i used to sweep the whole house pretty much every day which involved sweeping in between every single floorboard lol ... it almost became an obsession of sorts ... I didnt own a vacuum cleaner ... it was extremely meditative and I guess humbling too in a way ... I did that for 2 years lol ended up with a nice collection of broom handles

...and biceps like arnie too I bet~

Old 20-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
...and biceps like arnie too I bet~
hehe I was as scrawny as a rat back then and twice as fast lol and heaven forbid if you walked in my dirt pile! and the bloody wind was a pest too
Old 20-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
hehe I was as scrawny as a rat back then and twice as fast lol and heaven forbid if you walked in my dirt pile! and the bloody wind was a pest too

I simply can't imagine what sweeping must've been like, but sounds a lot like basketweaving after a fashion, lol.

Old 20-04-2011, 02:30 PM
clovelly

I LOVE gardening, LOL....hopefully my next home will have one.
Old 20-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I simply can't imagine what sweeping must've been like, but sounds a lot like basketweaving after a fashion, lol.
Yeah, very similiar to basket-weaving minus the raffia, the rug to sit on and the relaxed yogic posture lol
Old 20-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace733
I enjoy watering the plants and taking the recycling out.. those choices as i feel connected to the earth by taking care of her. All my other house chores hurt my back... although i do love cooking..

Hey good on you solace, that reminds me I have a full big bin of plastic bottles I should take out today. There's one close-by recycling place that gives cash instead of those receipts where you have to take them into the store. Many places have roadside pickup but many if not most do not, but we get to turn them in for $$$!
Woohoo~*