Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 28-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Ascender

That sounds like a wonderful movie. I'm going to add it to my Netflix queue!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Master
I'll have to view that movie, thanks. I've been feeling really down on myself for quite awhile and all my best efforts seem to fall flat. yesterday I decided to treat myself to a much needed trim at the hair dressers. I sat and looked in the mirror and for once in a long time I liked the way I looked. I said I was going to go short, but now I think that I just want the split ends trimmed off. She proceeded to talk my ear off by taking off big chunks of my hair and I had told her not to touch the bangs or the sides ...or just very slight, she took off inches and it looked horrible. I walked out quietly, then burst into tears. Seems all my best efforts to make myself look better and to feel better and accept myself, back fire. I cried all the way home. I hoped that my best friend would say that it looked great, but instead I got "It just looks different or odd or not very soft". For once I wish someone would say "you look beautiful" and mean it. :-(
Old 01-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I'll have to view that movie, thanks. I've been feeling really down on myself for quite awhile and all my best efforts seem to fall flat. yesterday I decided to treat myself to a much needed trim at the hair dressers. I sat and looked in the mirror and for once in a long time I liked the way I looked. I said I was going to go short, but now I think that I just want the split ends trimmed off. She proceeded to talk my ear off by taking off big chunks of my hair and I had told her not to touch the bangs or the sides ...or just very slight, she took off inches and it looked horrible. I walked out quietly, then burst into tears. Seems all my best efforts to make myself look better and to feel better and accept myself, back fire. I cried all the way home. I hoped that my best friend would say that it looked great, but instead I got "It just looks different or odd or not very soft". For once I wish someone would say "you look beautiful" and mean it. :-(

I'm sure you looked beautiful with the "not very soft" haircut. Maybe your best friend was projecting her "not very soft" thoughts unto you...next time say "well, I make this look good."
Old 01-06-2011, 09:31 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian

Anyone who tells you you're anything less than beautiful is just mistaken. You aren't your body, you aren't your hair. If you had received that "perfect haircut" and looked like some model in a magazine...some ideal being foisted on us all, you might continue to "buy into this". The price is too high imo (and I'm not talking about the cost of the cut).

Here is your opportunity to let your real beauty shine and be an example to others who imprison themselves and others with harsh, arbitrary and superficial judgments.

You're powerful, lovely and endearing.