Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 26-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Ciqala

Music for chakras

Have any recommendations for cd's?

I've been listening to Glen Velez "Volume of the Chakras 2". The music is upbeat, with a rapid tempo, drum beats, interesting musical instruments, and unique sound vocals, every beat hits dead on to a whole arrangement of chakras, not just the seven, i can feel it working all over my body. I am not sure if the kundalini has to be awakened to feel it, as i tried to get a friend who has awareness of her energies, to lay on the floor and listen to it with me, and she felt nothing, in fact, fell asleep. I swear Glen Velez is not that boring, it would be amazing to dance to, but it is also calming in a trance sort of way.
Old 28-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Serenity Bear

Any music you 'gel' with is good for your chakras. Each chakra is aligned to the musical scale so just go along with anything that makes you feel good.

I used to play the orchestral flute and always had a problem with the Bflat scale, I asked a Swami who said it was the resonance effecting my heart chakra. It helped a great deal, but I still ended up giving up the instrument.
Old 29-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Ciqala

Yeah, most music stimulates my chakras, but i like the kinds designed for intricate movements, extreme movements and such.

Awwe, that's too bad, the flute is amazing, i've tried to learn myself, but on one of those traditional wooden native flutes, but i just annoy people. Yeah there are some amazing singing bowls for chakras in a store i like to go to, they are way too expensive for me to afford, but the tones can be very discomforting to some people, i've witnessed some people freaking out and having to leave, for many the crown chakra bowl gives them migraines, my friend today, complained about her heart chakra area upon hearing one, she also said it brought up some wounded feelings.
I think sounds are delightful feeling on my chakras, and kundalini.
Old 17-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Geromos

Those wounded feelings and pains are natural, the person must face these if they are ever to progress.
Old 17-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Enlightener

I like Steven Halpern's work, it is very calming and a wonderful thing to fall asleep to or just chill out and relax.

Also it's very new-agey kind of stuff which I generally don't prescribe to but I like his work. The CD I have works on one chakra at a time, and he's been working on his stuff since the 80's, so is good IMO

Amazon should probably help you out there ;)

E
Old 17-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Prokopton

I have a wonderful singing bowls + crystal bowls CD by Danny Becher, Healing Crystal & Tibetan Bowls with 3 tracks over 20 mins each -- first is root to heart chakra, second is heart to crown, third is the whole spiritual body.

These are very powerful vibrations and they do a great clearing and re-energizing job -- as great as a CD can do anyhow. Thanks for reminding me, I think I'll listen to them tonight.
Old 17-05-2011, 05:25 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
I like Steven Halpern's work, it is very calming and a wonderful thing to fall asleep to or just chill out and relax.

Also it's very new-agey kind of stuff which I generally don't prescribe to but I like his work. The CD I have works on one chakra at a time, and he's been working on his stuff since the 80's, so is good IMO

Amazon should probably help you out there ;)

E

I LOVE Stephen Halpren's Chakra Suite!!! I bought his cassette in the 80's and then his cd. I've put it on my iphone and listen to it most evenings as I fall asleep.

The Unexplainable Store looks like it has some neat stuff too. I've not tried any of their music though.
Old 30-05-2011, 06:50 PM
andamirian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Have any recommendations for cd's?

I've been listening to Glen Velez "Volume of the Chakras 2". The music is upbeat, with a rapid tempo, drum beats, interesting musical instruments, and unique sound vocals, every beat hits dead on to a whole arrangement of chakras, not just the seven, i can feel it working all over my body. I am not sure if the kundalini has to be awakened to feel it, as i tried to get a friend who has awareness of her energies, to lay on the floor and listen to it with me, and she felt nothing, in fact, fell asleep. I swear Glen Velez is not that boring, it would be amazing to dance to, but it is also calming in a trance sort of way.
as someone above said, i think any music that 'gels' with your personality (chakras) is going to help you feel the energy inside your chakras.
Personally, there's a band called Ratatat that do music that for me specifically works