Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 08-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Experiencer

Flu Season

The flu has been going around in my area within past month. I was doing pretty good not catching it, but, I eventually started showing symptoms.

The other night, I couldn't even fall asleep, had a slight fever, a cough, and just felt bad.

Went to kitchen, saw I ran out of orange juice. As I was standing in front of kitchen sink, saw my container of baking soda that I sometimes use to brush my teeth with.

I've taken baking soda in the past, to help relieve acid reflux I sometimes get.

Rolled it around in my mind, if maybe this could possibly help relieve symptoms of the flu.

I took about a quarter teaspoon of bsoda, mixed with about six ounces water. Drank, went back to bed.

About fifteen to twenty minutes later, I felt great! No cough in lungs, no fever, just felt good! Felt wide awake so I watched a little tv. About an hour later, I took another quarter teaspoon of bsoda with water. Went to bed, fell asleep in about twenty minutes. Woke up next morning feeling great!

I did some google searching on " baking soda flu ". Back during the 1918-1919 flu epidemic, people were actually using baking soda and water to keep from getting flu, and lesson the symptoms. Check it out.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Experiencer

Something to ad to my OP:

If you do attempt the baking soda/ water remedy for the flu ( or whatever ), be careful how much you use, and do it just for maybe three or four days at most.

If you have high blood pressure, you may not even want to use bsoda. It has sodium in it.

Taking too much can cause diarrhea. Do like I do, just take a quarter teaspoon with water, maybe two to three times during the day. Some sites recommend 1/2 teaspoon, six times a day. You may get diarrhea doing that.

For prevention of flu, once in morning, once before going to bed, might do it.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Deactivated Account

hi rodan,

Sounds like a risk with taking the baking soda, not sure it is a good idea considering side effects, and how different remedies work differently for different people. Good to hear it worked for you, just not something I would want to try.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 02-06-2014, 03:34 PM
elisi

a good herbal tea for the flu is catnip tea. get it at a reputable health food store.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:44 PM
laura~ann

Everytime I feel a hint of a bug coming on, I take NutriBiotic Grapefruit Seed Extract - liquid concentrate ... 10 drops in a glass of water. Kicks it every time.
Old 29-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Deactivated Account
FOODS that have vitamin C can beat the flu/colds you know.Vitamin c is in many foods today.
Old 19-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Master
yep its hear

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 31-10-2019, 02:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Hello there ,

Very good idea, I will try your method.
Old 22-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Winter is a flu season

A common misconception is that the flu is caused by cold temperatures. However, the influenza virus is necessary to have the flu, so cold temperatures can only be a contributing factor. In fact, some people have argued that it is not cold temperatures that make the flu more common in the winter.
Old 15-04-2020, 12:59 PM
Experiencer

We are currently living in a global pandemic situation. As there is no cure for the current virus which seems to be very contagious and easily spread, rather than do nothing, keep the baking soda & lemon or lime juice remedy handy.

There are some youtube videos of a woman named Edna Boone, living in a small town in Alabama at the time of the flu of 1918, and how their family made it through it.

She remembers her mother giving her entire family a dose of baking soda and water every morning.

Use social distancing and keep your trips to the grocery store and pharmacy to a minimum.