Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 22-12-2012, 09:52 AM
DeepForest

Third Eye opening and Alcohol

the coming days there will be a social pressure to drink alcohol. I have no problems resisting it. But ...

One reason I avoid alcohol is because of my interest in certain spiritual ideas, but at the moment I do not adhere to any certain ideas. Therefore there is nothing to motivate me to avoid diverging from the social drinking (for me the social norm of drinking would be a motivator to drink, not the alcohol in itself as i do not like it very much).

The third eye: for several days i have almost constantly felt a pressure and a pulsating at the area in the forehead associated with the third eye. I know it may be an indication of the third eye opening/balancing, but I myself really do not know.

What may the effects be of consuming alcohol in relation to the third eye, if it is really opening?

It sounds like spiritual suicide, but what may the possible effects be described as more precisely?

Thanks!
Old 22-12-2012, 10:41 AM
DeepForest

another way to ask the question: would you be careful or not to avoid alcohol in my situation, and why ?
Old 22-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Deactivated Account

i think alcohol opens the third eye.
Old 22-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Deactivated Account

but if you disagree,keep doing your chakra balancing before you go out and drink. i drink every now and then and it definitely does good for me. i have no intentions of being an alcoholic and of course,should watch how much you drink. but,alcohol definitely does something positive in a spiritual sense,idk what exactly but after some of the experiences i've had,i'm convinced of this
Old 22-12-2012, 12:12 PM
DeepForest

interesting.. if I was about to drink I would do it only moderately
Old 22-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Master

I guess the only spiritual aspect of alcohol would be you lose any inhibitions associated with what you might be picking up - and perhaps an enhanced confidence.

However, I never EVER read, channel, intuit, anything - if i have had more than a sip as I think you lose a mass of grounding with alcohol and who knows what you can connect to.

But, that's me.
Old 22-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator
If a small amount of alcohol is drunk, you can "feel your way". See what it feels like. Sometimes a little alcohol is OK, and at other times it's not. The only way to really tell, unless you abstain totally as a matter of principle, is to feel your way through one drink.
Your inner sense will tell you if it's OK or a bad idea. If half way through that drink you start to feel anything untoward, don't worry. Just set it down, and order a sparkling water instead. Put a slice of lemon in it, and no-one will pressure you! They will think you're on Gin and tonic!
Or you can go the whole way and tell folks you're on a detox!

Also it only takes 4 hours for the liver to process a small amount of alcohol. If plenty of water is drunk, it will cause no problem.
Old 23-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Ciqala

It's fine once in a while. Drinking will not benefit you spiritually, it impedes growth because it gives you a fake sense of wellness, it heightens emotions and can cause depression, anger, it gives you an illusion that you feel good and then you crash. Its a mimicking drug, it makes you feel like your consciousness has raised but really your brain cells are dying and you are sick. Any artificial happiness you feel from drinking booze is not a real connection to source, it is a fake high that puts you at a low frequency, and it is toxic and unhealthy.
Old 23-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Henri77

Pretty much all spiritual teachers advise against drinking if one seriously seeks higher consciousness.
A beer, socially can't do any harm but mixing with folks who seek to get drunk as a goal is gonna be a challenge I'd say.
Most who take spiritual growth "seriously" (through meditation) end up selecting who they hang out with.

Everybodys body chemistry is different however.
One beer at a gathering and i'm pretty durn loose. As a driver I just abstain.

As I've long had issues sleeping I frequently have a 1/3 glass of wine just before bed. (the only time I drink these days)

I still do a bedtime meditation , but as it's a healing meditation, a bit of alcohol further inhibits thoughts and lets me focus on feeling-energy.

these days many health conscious individuals avoid alcohol, so i expect abstainers aren't that uncommon at parties.
Old 23-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Deactivated Account

We're human and were meant to be imperfect and have fun. While i'm all about spirituality and seeking higher consciousness,i think it's perfectly ok to enjoy the human experience as well and not just make spirituality your life..unless of course that's what resonates with you. We are meant to grow and evolve and experience joy and many other different experiences. Connecting to spirit regularly is a wonderful thing but unless you feel called to do so,i don't think you necessarily have to become this person who tries to live this perfectly. me,personally,i've changed a lot in my life after my spiritual awakening. i changed the way i speak,the way i dress,the way i think,some of the people i associate with,the music and moves i like,but never once has my spirit told me to stop drinking or going to parties.