Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-09-2020, 07:09 PM
Knower
Fish Why, Otherkin

Definition - An internal identity as something non-human (animal, mythical creature, spiritual entity, etc.)

You may see people online stating that they "identify with" something nonhuman, but that's not Otherkin. We often call that "Otherhearted" because they have a 'love' of that form, but don't actually see themselves as being that form internally. Many current people who have an Otherkin identity started out as Otherhearted, only to later realize that the connection went deeper than simple love or admiration.

The identity has two major means of determination. First is by spiritual connection, such as through past/other lives, memories of being that form in some way, or simply that one's soul/spirit is not human. The second means is by psychology, where the person believes that their mind or brain works differently than with any other human in order to give them a non-human identity.

I have seen other methods, but I am unclear on how they are determined, so I can't speak with any authority about how they work.

some additional terminology:
Kintype - the being or form of one's identity.

For example, I have determined two kintypes for myself, or that of Centaur, and of Djinni. Most people with Otherkin identities have less than five kintypes (and usually only one) because it takes an enormous amount of time and effort to determine just one. We tend to not generally accept people who have long lists of kintypes. More likely what has happened is that the forms on the list are of the Otherhearted variety of connections.

My kintypes were determined spiritually, from Other Lives (many call that "past lives") and some particularly ultra-lucid dreams. I can go into greater detail on those if asked. My inner mental form often defaults to Centaur when I am doing guided meditations (where I need to go to some inner space or realm with a body).

Therianthrope - Otherkin of the animal-type, often shortened to simply "therian"

Fictionkin - A controversial kintype because it usually requires the belief of infinite universes and possibilities to account for an identity as something fictional (such as characters in games or animation). One person I know identifies as Luke Skywalker, while another I have seen elsewhere online identifies as Oliver Twist (which is quite unusual as that's such an old work of fiction).

Awakening - The moment you realized you were Otherkin, or when you accepted being Otherkin.

If you want to read more on the topic, and learn more than I can list off the top of my head, try some of the following links to articles:
https://www.otherkin.net/introductory/
https://www.otherkin.net/2016/09/a-s...herianthropes/
https://www.otherkin.net/2016/09/a-r...-otherkin-faq/

I'm also posting in this sub-forum because Otherkin is a form of self-discovery about oneself and which goes through a form of development to determine its veracity. I will answer what questions I can, or refer to other sources which may answer better than I am able
Old 20-09-2020, 04:13 PM
Master
Fictionkin, that sounds kinda fascinating! It sounds like it incorporates some string theory in there! But yeh I guess alot of people identifying in such a way could cause questions to arise! Great write up tho, informative.
Identity is a tough one to discuss, when so many differing ideas of identity and what it is, wether there should even be one etc!, its reasoning, its source etc are as infinitely all possible! Crazy old world aint it!! :P

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 21-09-2020, 06:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
Fictionkin, that sounds kinda fascinating! It sounds like it incorporates some string theory in there! But yeh I guess alot of people identifying in such a way could cause questions to arise! Great write up tho, informative.
Identity is a tough one to discuss, when so many differing ideas of identity and what it is, wether there should even be one etc!, its reasoning, its source etc are as infinitely all possible! Crazy old world aint it!! :P
Thanks, LL!

I'm in a tiny minority who says "infinite universes" (or use an invented word, 'infiniverse') as most everyone who identifies as fictionkin calls it all part of the "multiverse". That word is fine if you are indeed talking about String Theory, but it doesn't exactly fit when you're talking about Spirit.

I know there is overlap and people are actively trying to prove spiritual stuff with science. I'm just odd in that for certain things, I want to separate the terminology. One reason is that Otherkin gets dismissed just by itself without making it worse by using terminology the dismissers think 'belongs' to them. It reduces the impact of our argument, in my opinion :)

Also, isn't Identity most often associated with Ego? I know the topic of Ego gets discussed quite often around here. So, maybe more people will see this and at least wonder. The possibilities are endless for Otherkin.

One thing about this topic, just so people know, is that me and pretty much all Otherkin people I've known do acknowledge that we may indeed be wrong, that it's all a delusion.

The caveat is that belief of any kind may be a delusion as well, and the only 'proof' we have is personal experiences. That doesn't work for any kind of scientific study, but it is often enough for most spiritual belief. The same holds true for Otherkin.

Being aware of this is important, but it doesn't mean one should assume the belief is false simply because others say so. Personal experience is a powerful thing
Old 28-04-2021, 05:49 AM
Deactivated Account
I think Fictionkin manifests in order for the collective to explore alternative narratives in relation to the Identity in question. Kind of like living vicariously. Or to be illuminated/enlightened/informed/guided/entertained/nurtured by the compassion of the Identity for the benefit of those in the collective who are in similar circumstances, plugged in energetically, etc. There are lots of different reasons for an Identity vibration to manifest itself at that level. And then download itself into the general population.

It is a matter of one's consciousness being used as a blueprint for human consciousness and expansion, is my view.

I also see an angelic side to the entire 'otherkin' concept. Is that your experience as well Arjhan?

I know you mention being Djinni but I am also curious about your views and experience on that and its source origin, i.e. earth element, multiverse, or both, something else, etc.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc

Last edited by Ciona : 28-04-2021 at 06:53 AM.