Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-09-2020, 05:42 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Whatever it is, it's the "youness" that makes you unique, your sense of "I am".

A common myth that losing it makes one indistinguishable from another, or unable to differentiate.

Never supported "extinguishment of ego" - doing that is the same activity.

JL
Old 26-09-2020, 06:02 PM
janielee

What Unseeking Seeker said.
JL
Old 26-09-2020, 06:11 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
A common myth that losing it makes one indistinguishable from another, or unable to differentiate.

Never supported "extinguishment of ego" - doing that is the same activity.

JL

Eh?

A common myth. So if no one had an ego...?

Well, I won't waste anyone's time in further discussion but what you've said doesn't make sense. Look at your last sentence.
Old 26-09-2020, 06:16 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
What Unseeking Seeker said.
JL

Unseeking Seeker has said a lot of things.
Which one are you referring to?

Can't you be bothered to quote?
Old 26-09-2020, 06:50 PM
Experiencer

Hey sara.

Spiritual path is a wonderful thing, if you are experiencing something negative, it's not the right path.

My advice for you is just start living the healthy life... Read, see friends, play volleyball, eat well, sleep well and do what (used to) make your heart rejoice. Most importantly: think healthy thoughts.

Doing stuff that is healthy and fun is what heals you.

You already talked aboyt "quick fix" and "gradual process." i just want to say that you were right. There is no quick fix in Spirituality and our health. You have to do the work.
Old 26-09-2020, 06:52 PM
janielee

Quote:
Eh?

Well, I won't waste anyone's time in further discussion but what you've said doesn't make sense. Look at your last sentence.

You don't extinguish it through intentional activity, but it does dissipate naturally over time as one clarifies one's own light of sight and identification with it.

Best wishes,
JL

PS I recall (hopefully correctly) that you are interested in Kabbalah - here is an article I just found that may be of interest. I have not read the full one, L.

According to author Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf, only through compassion can we eradicate the ego and foster unity. During his 2008 TEDSalon Talk, he states, “The sources of human problems have to do with egotism, I.” He goes on to say that when the boundaries of the ego dissolve, we become one with the universe, with every human being, and with the Creator..
Let our actions bring us together. In the end, it’s unity through compassion that erases the ego.

https://kabbalah.com/en/articles/let-go-of-ego/
Old 26-09-2020, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Eh?

Every one has their own belief system. It is a shock sometimes when somebody believes exactly the opposite you do.

Another belief is Soul. Some claim they have a Soul and others do not!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-09-2020, 08:27 PM
Knower

The thing is, I am still being wounded. I have had many healing moments since this started, however I just then wake up feeling worse as continued trauma fragments me more. Even with medication.
My yoga teacher gave me a tincture a few months ago. I’m just going to start taking it now, maybe it will work. But I fear my body had separated from my mind so much that my mind is running free reign no matter what meds I take etc. Even things like deep breathing don’t help the anxiety. Nothing does. In 2018 this happened again and meds were the only thing expected to help, and this time, they don’t. So I’m not sure how to heal if I am still being wounded. That’s the issue
Old 26-09-2020, 10:11 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpro
The thing is, I am still being wounded. I have had many healing moments since this started, however I just then wake up feeling worse as continued trauma fragments me more. Even with medication.
My yoga teacher gave me a tincture a few months ago. I’m just going to start taking it now, maybe it will work. But I fear my body had separated from my mind so much that my mind is running free reign no matter what meds I take etc. Even things like deep breathing don’t help the anxiety. Nothing does. In 2018 this happened again and meds were the only thing expected to help, and this time, they don’t. So I’m not sure how to heal if I am still being wounded. That’s the issue
If you'll excuse me saying this, I reckon that if you start trying to believe that the steps you're taking will eventually show signs of working, they will.

Also possibly positive affirmations. (Don't take too much notice of some of the things you read on the affirmations section here). It's enough to say that 'little by little every day, things are getting better'. You need to tell yourself as often as you can but at the very least when you arise of a morning (especially if you wake up feeling down), and when you bed down to sleep. There's an underlying value in the old saying, "I can't achieves nothing." "I can works wonders." "I will...achieves miracles." and tell yourself you'll believe it. It may take months to show real signs of working but it will in the end.

When you do deep breathing try to feel yourself breathing in the prana, the life force. As you progress see it as a whiteness/purity filling out your lungs, then your body - and as you breath out, see yourself blowing a smoky stuff which is the 'can't do' being expelled. If you're doing yoga breathing you already know to inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth.

It'll take a bit of discipline but that will help you get back control of your 'mind'. Meds may even be counterproductive. (This happened to me when the doc gave me SSRI*s for insomnia. An SSRI is an anti-depressant and you know what? I never felt so depressed in my life while on it! An antidepressant for insomnia? Thankfully another doc at the practice put things right.)

It really is about trying to be more positive about yourself; believing you have it in you to get on a more even keel. As long as you're thinking all hope is lost (which it isn't otherwise you wouldn't be posting here) nothing will get done.

So, all the best with this...

*SSRI - Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor. It stops the junctions between nerve endings soaking up too much serotonin which is supposed to make one feel less depressed. On some people it doesn't work. Amitriptyline was what I was given.
Old 26-09-2020, 11:43 PM
Knower

Interesting..sometimes I DO think this especially when I feel I’m healing ie after a good cry....however I have little control over the fear that comes and destroys me. About the meds I am usually super meds responsive. I was on a low dose of seroquel back in 2018 and it got rid of anxiety completely. This time I am only not responsive because I took too long to take it. My toga teacher gave me a herbal tincture so I am going to try that...