Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 08-11-2010, 12:57 AM
Master
An Interfaith Forum

There is an Interfaith Forum out there.

Here is the link:

http://www.interfaith.org/forum/

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:03 AM
pre-dawn

There isn't much going on there.

I don't understand you Honza. Now that you have managed to get an interfaith section going in this forum you invite us to have a look at another forum?
Old 08-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Rumar

Just a way to open up the section, I think we should have an FAQ thread specifically locked and stickied in here.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Master
How do you define "interfaith"?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:03 AM
nightowl

I know this isn't a definition, but I would like to think it could be where a group comes together and talks about faith, belief, and spiritual matters without hostility or offense.

nightowl
Old 07-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Master
That could be either a space where everyone can practice their beliefs alongside other people practicing theirs. Or it could be a diluted mixture of everything looking for common threads. What do you think?

Here is an example: http://www.multifaith.utoronto.ca/
Old 07-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Master
I went to an Interfaith Sunday Service once. All religions were celebrated. It was a religious service of all religions. I was deeply inspired and moved by it.

That is a good definition of Interfaith. The equality of all religions. The validity of all religions.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I know this isn't a definition, but I would like to think it could be where a group comes together and talks about faith, belief, and spiritual matters without hostility or offense.

nightowl
That's probably the most widespread and accurate definition I've heard.

I think interfaith dialogue is important for our increasingly diverse and multicultural societies. It's important to have a basic understanding of one another, and how our beliefs differ, and are the same. Interfaith dialogue is, for me, a way for people to come to an en passe of understanding, while being distant in their own ways.
Old 25-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
How do you define "interfaith"?
I would think that an individual of interfaith perspective understands there is one Truth, (God is Truth), and various faiths that recognize God.
Jesus, upon being queried by Pontious Pilate before the atonement for our human condition, responded to him saying,
"I came to bear witness to the Truth. All who are 'of The Truth' will hear me."
I see that Christ is cited in writings of various faiths.

I also see that He confirmed the Far Eastern teachings to the Jews in the Middle East, especially that of, "Maya", the illusory aspect of the physical world, in the contruct of time and space.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein