Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 06-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Master

I own Muscovy ducks and while I was acquiring my flock, I would visit farms. The living conditions these lovely birds are forced to live in is atrocious! Filth, and just barely enough food to survive. So afraid of humans they would cringe and go into hysterics when I just walked by them.

When the fox come and gets in and kills half a dozen, the farmers say, oh well, I'll just get some more. They don't take the action necessary to protect their flock.

Here in America, you always hear about horses, cats, dogs but you never hear about the cruelty of poultry.

Oh, and I own 3 dogs. 2 livestock guardian dogs to protect my ducks and a cross breed dog that is my husband's companion.
Old 16-07-2014, 05:42 PM
OftheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
The whole world is barbaric, I dont think we can judge one country as being so when all countries are committing cruelity to a shocking level. eg one could say that the farming practices where animals are kept in a tiny pen all their life for something before being killed, when they are no longer useful is even worst then boiling a dog who gets a quick death.

I bet the chinese look at the things being allowed to done in the Western world, who are complaining about the chinese practices and wonder how on earth the westerners can complain due to what is being done in these countries.

Its a bit like saying to a child, violence is wrong but then hitting the child. The whole world needs a animal cruelity overhall.

Excellent point.

Many countries treat the animals horrendously for the entirety of their life and them slaughter them "humanely".

Others keep the animal well during it's life and slaughter it horribly.

In which system does the animal suffer more? The 18 months of bad life, or the few minutes it takes to die a painful death?

I don't have an answer, it's just something to think about.

I do not think that animals are fine with death because they know they will live on on the other side. I have never met an animal that doesn't fight to live when they feel threatened.

Even a worm or cricket desperately tries to escape. Hunting would take no cunning if the animals had no fear or resistance to death.

I am not opposed to eating meat or raising animals for meat. And I don't think that it's an issue which species of animal it is, that is a cultural issues as much as anything. I think the issue IS humane treatment during life and at slaughter.

Rabbits, cows, chickens, deer all have personalities and feelings too. though more people are familiar with dogs and cats and feel a deeper revulsion to eating them.