Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 20-11-2010, 12:53 PM
tsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Imagination plus Intuition SS. Two guide lines to follow
1. Does it make sense ? 2. Does it FEEL right ?

But dont forget to "read" the card. What is happening in the card ? What happens next ? How did the card come to be where it is ? A sort-of past, present, future of the card. If the card could actually speak, what would it say to you ?

Some people say that the best way to come to know a card is to sleep with it under your pillow and it will "talk" to you while you are asleep.

great tips! Read in a book that initiating the cards are very important. How do you initiate your cards?
Old 20-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Master
I have a silk scarf that was blessed by the Dalai Lama. My cards are wrapped in that scarf in a box with a small Buddha for luck. Howzzat for a pagan
Old 20-11-2010, 07:59 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
I have a silk scarf that was blessed by the Dalai Lama. My cards are wrapped in that scarf in a box with a small Buddha for luck. Howzzat for a pagan

I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous!!! I love His Holiness. A more enlightened soul or sweeter spirit does not exist!
Old 27-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Master
History of the Tarot

This is an interesting site. It gives the history of the Tarot and also looks at old Tarot packs. Worth a look, anyway.

www.tarothermit.com
Old 27-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb
great tips! Read in a book that initiating the cards are very important. How do you initiate your cards?

For me, I shuffle the deck and then put them back in order while I'm thinking about the person I'm going to read for or a different question. I have to do it for each person but I don't always put it back in order if I'm going to read for the same person. I keep them in a silk bag in a box on my night-table. The shuffle and ordering is enough for me.

Old 29-11-2010, 06:47 PM
eraser

Quote:
This is an interesting site. It gives the history of the Tarot and also looks at old Tarot packs. Worth a look, anyway.

www.tarothermit.com

Would you mind double-checking that link, Norseman? It didn't work for me.
Old 29-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Master
Hmm. It does seem to be off. However, here is one that does work
www.trionfi.com
Old 29-11-2010, 07:02 PM
eraser

It does, indeed. Thanks. :)
Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 AM
tsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
For me, I shuffle the deck and then put them back in order while I'm thinking about the person I'm going to read for or a different question. I have to do it for each person but I don't always put it back in order if I'm going to read for the same person. I keep them in a silk bag in a box on my night-table. The shuffle and ordering is enough for me.

that's interesting. I noticed tarot readers also use crystals, clear quarts on the deck itself :)
Old 09-12-2010, 12:48 AM
ShamanWoman

I never had to initiate my cards. From the second I saw the deck I knew it was mine and we belonged to each other. As for spreads, as I shuffle I get a number in my mind (and occasionally a specific way a card should be placed) and just pull that number of cards.