Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 19-03-2006, 02:01 AM
bodylisious32

Are you really here? qstn 4 ye all?.....

Do you ever think to yourself? { crazy question } but...
Are you really here?
do you exist or do you think you exist?
maybe you are here, maybe you arnt?
maybe you have passed but you arnt exepting this, and the family around you , is what you have created, as you wish to remain here and carry on like it was before you passed?
have you ever seen the film 6TH SENSE were the actor, Bruce Willis, is going about his normal daily life, interacting with the ppl around him, and later on in the film theres a twist in it, where he then realises, that he is dead, {gr8 film}....
do you ever give this any thort?
maybe we are here maybe were not, as we might only see what we want to see , and what we see is truth to us, but what we are seeing isnt nesseserily what everybody else sees ? .
your thorts .....
much love and light.
xxxkezxxx.
Old 19-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Pounamu

Hi Bodyliscious32!
That's why sometimes people pinch themselves, to see if they (and what is happening around them) is real or not. But I wonder if that's a valid test??? Often everything in a dream seems so real, perhaps a pinch would seem real too! How DOES one test this?

They say that all of life is a living dream; and some (quite a lot, in fact) of the average person's "dream" happens on separate planes, on which we have parallel lives.... some people (such as schizophrenics) are tuning into and see more than one of these dreamtime planes at the same time as the physical - which is why they seem so distracted or paranoid, as sometimes frightening things happen on these planes.... It can often be that "dreams" that we have are a remembrance by the physical of our experiences on one of these other planes, and that is normal, but can (as you noticed) be frightening - can sometimes be useful too.

It might be useful for you to be able to test by muscle-testing or pendulum, and then you can "test your truth", or in other words ask your Higher Self what is true for you; then you have some way of yourself answering these questions as they arise. You can also learn to make intentions for your life; such as "I intend only to experience or remember dreams that are truly useful to me to know about", and "I intend to be given the meanings of my dreams by my Higher Self".

Hope this helps!
Blessings -
Pounamu
Old 20-03-2006, 10:40 PM
bodylisious32

2 true Pounamu,
thank you for your thorts much apreciated.
much love and light ,
xxxkezxxx.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:03 AM
pepperi

When I first saw the matrix I thought the very same thing. Hmmmm come to think of it, i'm still not sure b/c there are infinite possiblities in this universe
Old 05-04-2006, 12:41 PM
dreamer

You will find heaven when you discard and dance around your clothes of shame - Jesus. Is it shame that makes this dream seem so real? is it judgement that brings us shame? Is it opinions that make us judge? If we stop having opinions do we stop expecting? If we stop expecting is that when the magic returns and we can start living the dream again? Does the dream become any less real when you know it's a dream?

I like this idea, now to use it.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:40 AM
bodylisious32

Hi Pepperi, yes i also saw the matrix its a good film, certainly gives u room for thort, { as your ryt anythinks possible.}.

Hi Dreamer, i like your thorts ....
much love and light ,
xxxkezxxx.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:34 AM
dreamer

Thanks Kez, i've just been thinking about this question and it seems that if this "reality" is not what we think it is it doesn't become any less real, it just becomes understood in a different way. If i suddenly realise that this is just a dream, it doesn't stop me having to work at making my dream a good dream, but it does allow me to see my full power as dream creator. If i relax and trust my deepest self the dream will be a great one, if i get anxious the dream turns into a nightmare. It's similar to what all the wise books say, surrender to God, Trust yourself, don't have attachments, there sare no real rights or wrongs, we are all one, different aspects of a single whole, live in the present moment, don't have opinions. Thinking of life as a dream is just Zen buddhism really. If a tree falls over in the forest does it make a sound?

Anyway, I wonder whether the question would be better put - what is reality?
I guess the only way you can prove what is real is by giving things a go and seeing how they make you feel. After all the only thing that you can absolutely certain of is the way you feel - everything else can be argued away but not how you feel, so might as well do what feels best and by doing this you work out the way to feel good all of the time - peace/unity.

Sorry if i've gone on a bit. i enjoy just letting the words flood out.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:40 PM
bodylisious32

Yeah Dreamer, you do make a good point there, and dnt worry about going on , lol, im just the same when im interested in somethink, and before i kno it its almost after dark lol.
much love and light ,
xxxkezxxx.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:21 PM
dreamer

Nice one kez.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:07 PM
psychic sue

You know, this made me think of my lucid dreams. Once I realise I am dreaming, I am like, touching things, thinking to myself "gosh this is so REAL" - and yet I know it's an image in my head.

Shows the power of thought and visualisation.

Am I really here? Don't ask me that, it makes my small brain hurt!

Sue x
Closed Thread