Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Mart

You don't want peace, you're too addicted to the noise

A wise man said "what are you searching for, you already have the thing you want"
The man said back "I don't know what i want that is why i am looking"
The wise man scratched his head bemused "We all want the same thing don't we?"
The man said back"What is that?"
"Peace and love in our hearts at all times of course" said the wise man.
"how do i get that, that's impossible" said the man.
"sit with me for a while in silence and ask the highest God to show you the truth. It is your addiction to the noise that keeps you from peace. It is your inability to find peace that blocks Gods love from your heart"

My question is this, if you were able to achieve perfect stillness in your mind, what would happen to you. Would you spontaneously combust? would you be absorbed into the source? or would you stay exactly the same?
Old 28-02-2006, 12:13 PM
DirtyMagicalAly

Gosh, good question....
Hmm, Id personally go down the line of staying the same....however, thats because I cannot accept that spontaneous combustion could / can / ever has occured my brain being too logical and unwilling to accept new things....and, right now Im not a believer in any 'source' or God, so...
But, if I did believe in a God, I might say at that point you would have transcended human barriers, and therefore be reunited with, or absorbed into (however you want to say it, although it's certainly possible to argue that those two things are not the same) the Source, or God....
Old 28-02-2006, 12:32 PM
DASA

Samadhi

Hi Mart,

sounds like you are describing the 'samadhi' stage of perfection as detailed in various yoga & meditation practices? This is Krishna's description of samadhi from Bhagavad-Gita:

In the stage of perfection called trance, or samadhi, one's mind is completely restrained from material mental activities by practice of yoga. This perfection is characterized by one's ability to see the self by the pure mind and to relish and rejoice in the self. In that joyous state, one is situated in boundless transcendental happiness, realized through transcendental senses. Established thus, one never departs from the truth, and upon gaining this he thinks there is no greater gain. Being situated in such a position, one is never shaken, even in the midst of greatest difficulty. This indeed is actual freedom from all miseries arising from material contact.
- Bhagavad-Gita 6.20-23

After nirvana, or material cessation, there is the manifestation of spiritual activities, or devotional service to the Lord, known as Krishna consciousness. In the words of the Bhagavatam, this is the "real life of the living entity." Maya, or illusion, is the condition of spiritual life contaminated by material infection. Liberation from this material infection does not mean destruction of the original eternal position of the living entity.

Best Wishes,

Das
Old 28-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Mart

Hi Dasa,

that is really useful, i am finding it difficult to trust this experience totally, i keep getting to a point where everything starts getting a bit too strange and i tense up wondering whats going to happen next. It's a bit like being on a hallucinogen, and i always faught the final surrender on those too. I have felt that my spirit is being sucked out of me through my head and have had a pressure inside my head for the past few months. It's all cool and i've been relaxed and feeling really good with it, loads of little things have changed as a result of it for the better, the universe is speaking and listening to me i feel. but i'm wondering what's next.

I suppose it's like the old Egyptian belief that the way to God is full of challenges to your total trust in him/her, and the nearer you get the bigger the challenges become. It makes sense that God being love, he/she would find a lack of trust almost unbearable and so any soul wanting to join him in perfect love must have perfect trust for his love.

Thanks for your help.

Martin.
Old 28-02-2006, 03:24 PM
DASA

Mantra

Hi Mart,

I'm guessing that at the moment you are meditating 'on nothing', emptying your mind of all thought? - and then after some time you begin to feel slightly uncomfortable with it all.

You may find it useful to concentrate on a mantra so that your mind has something to fix itself on? 'Mantra' when translated into English means literally 'to free the mind' - they are said to help raise our consciousness to a higher state of purification when spoken, or meditated upon internally.

http://www.krishna.com/main.php?id=316

Hare Krishna,

Your servant,

Das
Old 28-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Mart

Thanks Dasa,

I will try it.
Old 28-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Mart

Sorry magical aly, not ignoring you i hadn't seen your post, it got superseeded by Dasa and i didn't check back up the thread. Good points.
Old 28-02-2006, 05:18 PM
silver swan

Hi Mart. What you describe has happened to me at the beginning of my development. I was scared and could not quite let go. I have since learned the absolute importance of grounding yourself before meditating. Believe me, it makes all the difference, and stops you feeling out of control. I was told to imagine deep roots being sent down from my body into the centre of the earth. I then visualise them tying themselves down, coming back up , and filling my body with the goodness of mother earth.
I think that the pressure in your head is spirit trying to communicate with you. you seem highly gifted with clairvoyance. You just need to trust more.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Mart

Thanks silver swan, i'll try the grounding exercise - i've been taught it before but i'm a bit lazy even though it only takes a couple of minutes. What happens when you let go? or i suppose i should ask what happened for you when you let go? I feel that there is something very close to connecting with me but i suppose i'm afraid to trust it even though after experiencing a lot of different things i know fear is the only thing to fear there is still something deep down that refuses to let go?
Old 13-08-2006, 12:31 PM
8-infinite-8

you become everything you already know you can be, & you distinguish between your true self & your false self.
You become awareness that already knows the truth, thus you become aware of the noise that prevents you from hearing your true voice, this constant noise is the source of all confusion about who you think you are .
Silence is the is the only thing that keeps us reasonably sane, in my opinion, which is why meditation is so important. Silence to you all .
Closed Thread