Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-03-2021, 12:29 PM
Master

How can I stay in the moment?

Heyy,

I have some big trouble staying in the moment. But feel I need it.

Anybody knowing how to advice me in staying in the moment?
Old 26-03-2021, 01:11 PM
Master
Knowing that we always are in the moment
And that thoughts take us away from the present
Doing the opposite, encourage thought to have its way, while watching ...
The involuntary thoughts become self conscious, being observed, so recede
Stomp your foot and ask thoughts where they are! (joke)

Abide in thought rested awareness ... time stretched silence and stillness
Old 26-03-2021, 01:49 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Heyy,

It's like asking how can I clean & jerk 400 pounds.

Step 1 - Practice.
Step 2 - More practice.
Step 3 - Even more practice.

There are no shortcuts.
Old 26-03-2021, 01:54 PM
Master

Thanks both :)
Old 27-03-2021, 11:00 AM
Master
Why do you feel the need to stay in the moment??? Is there something you are running from??? Otherwise, why should it matter?
Old 27-03-2021, 11:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Why do you feel the need to stay in the moment??? Is there something you are running from??? Otherwise, why should it matter?

I have a particular life lesson with a friend which makes me have to do this. Not running from. Rather just doing the right thing
Old 05-04-2021, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Heyy,

Know that your inner feeling/sense of I AM is always in the present moment physically, mentally and spiritually. Knowing is the same as awareness and realizing. Feel/sense that your feeling/sense of I AM is in the present moment. Feeling/sensing that your feeling/sense of I AM is in the present moment, will put you mentally in the present moment. Feelings/emotions are a lot stronger than thoughts, your feelings/emotions gives you the thoughts you have.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:28 PM
Ascender

Hello CosmicWonder.

Simply. We and all are always part of that which is and was and will be.

Cheers.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:07 PM
Knower
If it's techniques you're after, well there's many to choose from depending on what chimes with you, so some experimenting would be beneficial. I started with beginners' meditation and mindfulness techniques, following the breath, reciting a mantra etc, which really got me going in this work. But there's no telling how long it may take.

But other methods may work equally well. Like if you play a musical instrument, you need to focus on the here-and-now of the notes and rhythm, avoiding distractions, to avoid tripping yourself up. Before my knees went I used to go jogging in a mindful way, getting into a flow with the activity that's happening, without a separate self overcomplicating it.

Eventually I began to have glimpses where me-observing-the-moment flipped into simply-this, when I am the present moment, not in it.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:02 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyowl
If it's techniques you're after, well there's many to choose from depending on what chimes with you, so some experimenting would be beneficial. I started with beginners' meditation and mindfulness techniques, following the breath, reciting a mantra etc, which really got me going in this work. But there's no telling how long it may take.

But other methods may work equally well. Like if you play a musical instrument, you need to focus on the here-and-now of the notes and rhythm, avoiding distractions, to avoid tripping yourself up. Before my knees went I used to go jogging in a mindful way, getting into a flow with the activity that's happening, without a separate self overcomplicating it.

Eventually I began to have glimpses where me-observing-the-moment flipped into simply-this, when I am the present moment, not in it.

The one thing I will say is one cannot read, listen or talk one's self into that state of being. It requires work (read spiritual practices) and not a small amount either. It also requires a burning desire and lots of determination and dedication.