Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-12-2020, 10:38 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Well we can certainly delve deep into the nature of a rainbow and understand through our own deep nature what this correlates as, as ourselves..

The formation of a rainbow is described step by step below:
Sun Rays Strikes Raindrop. ...
Some of the sunlight is reflected. ...
Rest of Light Gets Refracted. ...
White Light Splits into Different Colors. ...
Lights Get Reflected Behind the Rain Drop. ...
More Refraction Takes Place. ...
Color Forms With More Dispersion.

And so it goes ...

You can find yourself in anything in nature...

It is said if one "knows" Self one "knows" everything.
Old 26-12-2020, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Still Waters,

Always nice to read you.

I do not know exactly where I am going with this. Let's explore...

But I do like the Dzogchen approach of the rainbow body. It is easy to simply merge with the spirit body. But the rainbow of our being in the Dzogchen approach there seem to be a complete merging of all the rainbow bodies including this living flesh one, when one dies he or she brings with him or her even the physical body.

And you where do you think it is going? Would love to know.

Talking about him and her, here is a picture of a rainbow body where the female and masculine aspect of our being seems to be included in this process.

Although I had heard the term "rainbow body" in the past, I know virtually nothing about it so I had to do some research before responding so that I could communicate with some degree of understanding on the subject.

I was reading the following article to get some inkling of exactly what the "rainbow body" was.

https://www.gaia.com/article/rainbow...you-didnt-know

There was one excerpt in particular that specifically caught my attention and which triggered a personal recollection from my own past experiences.

QUOTE:

During the key moment in the empowerment, while Karmapa was holding the black crown over his head, an attendee snapped a picture. When the film was developed, the image of the Karmapa was transparent — the brocade of his seat can be clearly seen through the ghost-like image of his body. Those in attendance saw nothing out of the ordinary at the time. This image has been widely circulated since and is considered a vivid demonstration of the rainbow body.

END QUOTE:

When I accompanied my spiritual mentor to the Khumba Mela in Haridwar, India, in 1998, I was wearing the orange robes of a monk in order to attend a bandara (feast) at which the acharya and the mahamandeleswaras and various sages were present with their entourages.

Seated on the floor not far from us was an elderly gentlemen dressed in white whose energy was so powerful that I could not take my gaze off him. I pointed him out to two people with me and they reacted similarly. One friend raised her camera to take his picture, but he raised his hand to signal "no pictures" and she complied with his request. My other friend, however, did take his picture (to be developed later). When the spiritual hierarchy entered the room to proceed to the dais, each of them stopped when passing by him to bow and touch his feet. This was confirmation (at least to us) that there was indeed something special about him.

Days later, when my friend developed his picture, the elderly gentleman was NOT in the picture. In his place was an image of light though everything else in the room was exactly as one would expect.

Within a week or so, my friend and I were walking across an open field with no obstructions and with no one in sight. We were having a discussion about a subject that is not relevant to this post. Then , suddenly, literally out of nowhere, that sage appeared to us and answered my question very precisely. I turned to my friend to confirm that he too was seeing and hearing what I was seeing and hearing ... and , when I turned back, the sage had vanished as mysteriously as he had appeared. When we reported this back to our teacher who was sitting on the dais with other sages, she paused for a very long time before responding: "That's Sri (so-and-so, as I don't recall his name). He does that from time to time. Everyone knows that."

Another experience with a being of light comes to mind, but this should suffice for now as this particular subject is unfamiliar to me and I don't want to digress if my post is not relevant. Ramana Maharshi has stated that the Light projects the "brain" and the impressions in the "brain" manifest as the body and the world. This is one of the underlying principles whereby yogis can change their form, bilocate, etc. This is what was coming to mind when you started this thread but it is not clear if this is where you intended to go. Nonetheless, it is an interesting approach to understanding the nature of the body and the Reality.
Old 27-12-2020, 02:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

Yes, but I would explain it this way...

There is no separation in myself so I perceive through that knowing, my own awareness and clarity of ‘being’ as recognition of others or life as it is..if I can’t see myself through clear seeing, feel myself through clear feeling, then naturally I’m going to see and feel a deficit in the external..

Knowing everything probably pertains to ‘inclusion’ ..’nothing left out in myself, means nothing is left out, outside of myself..

What I am realized as with full integration of that realisation is ‘clear’ in the external..

‘Illuminated’...
Old 27-12-2020, 12:11 PM
Legrand

It is a nice story Still Waters,

I did have experiences of bilocation with my father when he was alive, now he completely merged with the Unborn, not coming back to this life.

I still do have some other experiences of bilocation with someone who passed is life in Tibet and then in India with Sri Aurobindo, that I met in my twenties. He is now 100 year old.

And I wish I could bilocate now with someone I love more than anything.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Although I had heard the term "rainbow body" in the past, I know virtually nothing about it so I had to do some research before responding so that I could communicate with some degree of understanding on the subject.

I was reading the following article to get some inkling of exactly what the "rainbow body" was.

https://www.gaia.com/article/rainbow...you-didnt-know

There was one excerpt in particular that specifically caught my attention and which triggered a personal recollection from my own past experiences.

QUOTE:

During the key moment in the empowerment, while Karmapa was holding the black crown over his head, an attendee snapped a picture. When the film was developed, the image of the Karmapa was transparent — the brocade of his seat can be clearly seen through the ghost-like image of his body. Those in attendance saw nothing out of the ordinary at the time. This image has been widely circulated since and is considered a vivid demonstration of the rainbow body.

END QUOTE:

When I accompanied my spiritual mentor to the Khumba Mela in Haridwar, India, in 1998, I was wearing the orange robes of a monk in order to attend a bandara (feast) at which the acharya and the mahamandeleswaras and various sages were present with their entourages.

Seated on the floor not far from us was an elderly gentlemen dressed in white whose energy was so powerful that I could not take my gaze off him. I pointed him out to two people with me and they reacted similarly. One friend raised her camera to take his picture, but he raised his hand to signal "no pictures" and she complied with his request. My other friend, however, did take his picture (to be developed later). When the spiritual hierarchy entered the room to proceed to the dais, each of them stopped when passing by him to bow and touch his feet. This was confirmation (at least to us) that there was indeed something special about him.

Days later, when my friend developed his picture, the elderly gentleman was NOT in the picture. In his place was an image of light though everything else in the room was exactly as one would expect.

Within a week or so, my friend and I were walking across an open field with no obstructions and with no one in sight. We were having a discussion about a subject that is not relevant to this post. Then , suddenly, literally out of nowhere, that sage appeared to us and answered my question very precisely. I turned to my friend to confirm that he too was seeing and hearing what I was seeing and hearing ... and , when I turned back, the sage had vanished as mysteriously as he had appeared. When we reported this back to our teacher who was sitting on the dais with other sages, she paused for a very long time before responding: "That's Sri (so-and-so, as I don't recall his name). He does that from time to time. Everyone knows that."

Another experience with a being of light comes to mind, but this should suffice for now as this particular subject is unfamiliar to me and I don't want to digress if my post is not relevant. Ramana Maharshi has stated that the Light projects the "brain" and the impressions in the "brain" manifest as the body and the world. This is one of the underlying principles whereby yogis can change their form, bilocate, etc. This is what was coming to mind when you started this thread but it is not clear if this is where you intended to go. Nonetheless, it is an interesting approach to understanding the nature of the body and the Reality.
Old 27-12-2020, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Hi

My connection relates to this, through the integration of the seven chakras, which in turn relates to the seven rainbow colours. As integration process it’s understanding yourself through each of these energy centres, so each one is open and flowing, clear and balanced.

There is more to say on this but I’ll leave it for now.

Having meditated on the chakras for many years in the past, I had not thought of the rainbow colors associated with the chakras until you brought it up. I can see the connection, and hope that you will elaborate further.
Old 27-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

Yes ! Yes ! Yes !
Old 27-12-2020, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
It is a nice story Still Waters,

I did have experiences of bilocation with my father when he was alive, now he completely merged with the Unborn, not coming back to this life.

I still do have some other experiences of bilocation with someone who passed is life in Tibet and then in India with Sri Aurobindo, that I met in my twenties. He is now 100 year old.

And I wish I could bilocate now with someone I love more than anything.

Regards,

When such things manifested in my life, my spiritual mentor would not elaborate on them but would redirect my focus to meditate on how such things are possible. Such meditations lead to a better understanding of the Reality while others are diverted by trying to actually perform actions such as bilocation.
Old 27-12-2020, 02:28 PM
Legrand

It is true Still waters,

There is only Reality, the rest are only Siddhis.
Old 27-12-2020, 05:42 PM
ImthatIm

A nice complex rainbow body depiction in the Bon tradition.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1500w

A more simplistic depiction of the rainbow body meditation in the Bon tradition.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=1500w
Old 27-12-2020, 08:58 PM
Master
Quote:
It is true Still waters,

There is only Reality, the rest are only Siddhis.

Yes indeed !