Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-03-2011, 02:49 AM
Knower

Tingling Sensation While Meditating? OBE? AP?

Last night, when I was meditating, I started to feel a strange tingly, almost electric take over my whole body. I thought I felt a very subtle, but still noticeable, slip from my body; it felt like I was floating just BARELY from my body. I could still feel my body there but I could tell I was seperated from it. It's hard to explain. The feeling kinda startled me, and I lost the feeling when I that happened.

Anyways, it felt very very very real at the time. I went to bed right after, and had the most vivid dreams that I've had in months.

Today, I've been doubting the feelings I had last night, and thinking that maybe it was a trick of the mind. The thing is, it felt pretty powerful and real at the time.

Any opinions? Was this the beginning of some sort of AP? OBE?
Old 23-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Sangress

The electric feeling was energy.

You were either aware of the energy around you or your body could have been metaphysically glowing like a furnace and pulsing with energy.

It's a bit startling if a person has been closed off to energy all their lives and suddenly they slip into a mindset where they either create enough energy to be felt, or are suddenly aware of it all.

It's not as unusual or as odd as you think.

Some people wander about with their skin buzzing and their insides pulsing with "electricity" all their lives and never think twice about it because they assume its normal.
Old 23-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman
Last night, when I was meditating, I started to feel a strange tingly, almost electric take over my whole body. I thought I felt a very subtle, but still noticeable, slip from my body; it felt like I was floating just BARELY from my body. I could still feel my body there but I could tell I was seperated from it. It's hard to explain. The feeling kinda startled me, and I lost the feeling when I that happened.

Anyways, it felt very very very real at the time. I went to bed right after, and had the most vivid dreams that I've had in months.

Today, I've been doubting the feelings I had last night, and thinking that maybe it was a trick of the mind. The thing is, it felt pretty powerful and real at the time.

Any opinions? Was this the beginning of some sort of AP? OBE?

The meditation seems to have made you notice very subtle sensations in the body... more vibratory than solid...
Old 23-03-2011, 04:52 AM
Master

It could be an AP sensation. I used to get a lot of very subtle tingling feeling on my forehead. When that happened I knew I was about to AP and I always did AP. If you feel you were floating or separating from your body, move away from your physical body.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Fire7

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Tiger

What you are feeling (tingly) is your energy level raising in vibration. This happens frequenly for me when I mediate or when I start do do a healing session on someone using healing touch/quantum healing. That is GOOD. You want that feeling to happen. My first time I attempted a conscious projection, I had that same feeling. I then focused on that feeling intently, and tried to raise that feeling to a higher level, and ended up getting the 'vibrations' for the first time and partially projecting. Lose all sensation of the physical body, and focus on whatever you are feeling elsewhere (weightlessness). At this point, your conciousness is trying to dissassociate itself from the physical body,but you are not quite there. Almost though. Practice and keep this up. You want to be able to get to this state of mind quickly...unfortunately its going to be HARDER from here on out to replicate where you were. The mind now has a sense of anticipation and a sense of expectation that will limit you if you allow it. Dont go into it with any sense of expectation, and just accept whatever happens and you will go far.

-Tiger
Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 AM
StarmanX7

I've been trying to Astral Project for a bit without any success, however, twice when I just went to lay down I experienced what you did in a way. I was just laying on a bed and a couch and both times I heard a strange nose after I was falling asleep and started to feel like I was slipping off my bed/couch and it was a very real feeling. I stopped it both times before anything happened so I can't say much more about that but it wasn't anything normal that I've been through during my life, those two experiences were very unique in feeling.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Master

What a shame you stopped it Starman. You were about to go aping somewhere. It would have been fun. Oh well next time, hopefully you will go through with it.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:15 AM
StarmanX7

I didn't stop it on purpose, and I wouldn't have stopped it if I knew what was going on.

A strong feeling came about during that, of fright you could say. I was just laying there and drifting away from my body, didn't know what was happening. I was scared and probably excited at the same time and woke up, but it was a more real experience then anything else.

I"ve read a lot about it and a lot of what people say that's usually the problem, you get too excited and you lose it, I suppose the same would go with the fear.

I plan to keep trying soon to see what happens but the funny thing was that nothing ever happens then, it's when I was just tired and wanted to take a nap is when something happened.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Experiencer
Hmmm I was meditating last time and it felt as if my head was opening up. It felt very cold. :/ Did I open up my crown chakra?