Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 24-06-2017, 03:21 AM
Guide

Book1 Hi. Former skeptic here — My confession.

Just a couple of months ago — I wouldn't consider the idea of coming here at all.

It began when I was listening to videos on a site. It shot holes into the foundations of my thinking. I didn't expect the supernatural to be able to have logical arguments as proof for it. I'd then go read his recommended books like Materalism is Baloney or The Holographic Universe.

The first spiritual thing I was interested in — was non-duality. I didn't even know there were skeptics against this — I thought all meditations were scientifically proved — it worked well for me, did it? 5 years of meditation sure worked. It caused some of the most dramatic increases in satisfaction in my life.

Later I would try remembering my past lives — and I noticed it was remarkably vivid — not like the vague pictures of my daydreams. In each practice, the memories would flow out easily and when I tried to imagine the same ease of imagery outside the session, it didn't work. Maybe. . . it wasn't just my imagination.

I'd try sensing auras. And I sensed mine without looking at their descriptions. I'd then see that the descriptions were accurate to how I was — some were unexpected until I examined myself more. So it wasn't just me thinking of what I already knew about myself. No interpretations from vagueness — it was way too specific for that.

Lastly was the one that blew my mind the most. When I was researching all this — I was terrified by how my view of the world was changing. Until I sensed that my aura had become blindingly white and later sensed a hand by a white figure at my back calming me down. I'd hear a smooth female voice comforting me. Whenever my fear would rise, I'd sense a hand at my back and I'd go back to a deep relaxation.

When I tried to imagine a hand rather than sense it — it didn't have the same level of unbelievable calmness. The talk with her was paradigm shaking and one of the things she said is that I should go find a place I could share my experiences with so I'd feel less alone — less scared.

Well, that was a lot to take in. Other than what the figure suggested — I'm here to learn some alternative ways of personal development for myself and for my dreams of helping others (in often very nerdy science ways.) Also to simply learn the truth of the nature of reality — when I was a child reading all about science — I was taught to question everything. Follow the truth wherever it goes. And strangely, this is where it went.

I hope I'll enjoy it here. Well, see you around.
Old 24-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Master
Hello SerendipityLizard and welcome to spirtiual forums and I hope you will enjoy it here.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
Welcome Serendip, I am glad you have tore down the walls and opened your mind even more. I encourage you to never stop doing that! Motherly energy is quite accepting and also very integral to our mental/spiritual growth. Mother teaches us tolerance and compassion.. Understanding of things, which may not be the same as what we are or know.. In learning and practicing this, we broaden our horizons, which can be very beneficial to our inner knowledge and our capability of offering something to this world.
Welcome home. I hope you stay awhile.

Peace, Love, Empathy
MMqq