Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 12-07-2014, 04:06 AM
Cmaztemp

This story brought tears, I lost my best friend in July of 2011. His name was Bones he was a chocolate lab. I miss and love him still. He was one of my children. My daughters still to this day miss him as much as I do.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Natasharabbit

My special cat walked into my life as a malnourished, neglected kitten. She wandered over to my place, ribs protruding, hair loss and in need of care. Her previous owner had many cats and was letting them breed and not caring for them.
This little black, affectionate kitten touched everyone who met her. She was heaven sent. She loved cuddles and loved me holding her in my arms and taking her for walks. She would purr the whole way, checking out the scenery as we passed by. She loved everyone and melted the hardest hearts.
One day my brother took her to a friends place. It was 10 miles away. She was frightened when their dog came up to her. She ran away into the bushes. I was away on a holiday at the time, when I found out, I was heartbroken.
Exactly 9 months later on my birthday, she turned up on my doorstep. It was the best present I have ever received! Somehow she found her way home to me, it was 10 miles from where she was lost. I still don't know how she did it?
I believe she was destined to be in my life and the people she touched. She has now passed away, though she left so much love behind. RIP beautiful soul. xx
Old 23-07-2014, 11:31 PM
saxonaxe

I'm sure everyone who has owned some kind of pet can recall an incident involving their pet which they can't really explain, at least not to someone who has never owned a pet. ( I'm not sure owned is the correct word, perhaps cared for is better?)

Sometimes when owing to work I had been away from home for a few days/weeks, and this was in the days before mobile 'phones, so contacting home wasn't always so easy and because of my job I often didn't get the chance to tell my wife I was on the way home anyway. I'd arrive home to be told, " I knew you were coming home because of the dogs"..

We had three dogs, two big German Shepherds to look after my wife and the kids while I was away, and my black Labrador. Often hours before I arrived the dogs would get 'restless' prowling around the garden and continually going to the garden gate. I could understand if they recognised the sound of a particular car in the distance perhaps, but they would often be unsettled long before I even left the base some miles away.

Just another secret the animals know that we have yet to fully understand..
Old 24-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator
The closest I have ever been to anyone was with my most recent dog, who passed away June 2012. I feel lots of love for all critters, great and small, wild and not-so-wild...but there was a special relationship with my dog.
I cannot speak of her in the past tense, as I have learned her spirit lives on (as do the spirits of all our loved ones) She shows me things in her understated and graceful manner. I have learned the best of what I know from our friendship, and am a very fortunate person.
Old 24-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonaxe
I'm sure everyone who has owned some kind of pet can recall an incident involving their pet which they can't really explain, at least not to someone who has never owned a pet. ( I'm not sure owned is the correct word, perhaps cared for is better?)

Sometimes when owing to work I had been away from home for a few days/weeks, and this was in the days before mobile 'phones, so contacting home wasn't always so easy and because of my job I often didn't get the chance to tell my wife I was on the way home anyway. I'd arrive home to be told, " I knew you were coming home because of the dogs"..

We had three dogs, two big German Shepherds to look after my wife and the kids while I was away, and my black Labrador. Often hours before I arrived the dogs would get 'restless' prowling around the garden and continually going to the garden gate. I could understand if they recognised the sound of a particular car in the distance perhaps, but they would often be unsettled long before I even left the base some miles away.

Just another secret the animals know that we have yet to fully understand..
You can own a pet legally, so there is nothing wrong in that sense about talking about "owning" one. But in terms of soul/personality, you can't own that, LOL! So that is why many pet lovers prefer the terms "caretaker" (my choice) or "caregiver".

As for dogs knowing about their caretakers coming home before they arrive, have you read the researches of Rupert Sheldrake? He has even written a book on that topic! You can read a brief synopsis here:
http://www.sheldrake.org/books-by-ru...re-coming-home
Old 25-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator
Yes it is wonderful how tuned-in they are to us. Because they are dog-shaped, or cat-shaped etc....we see them as 'pets'. But if we go very very still and silent, within ourselves, every one of us who has shared with an animal companion, knows there is more to it than that! What lovely spirits they are.
We are very fortunate to share physical life with them, even if only for a few short years.
Old 24-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

My cat, Loki, I have had since he was a little baby. He was ill and the women I got him from said she wasn't sure if he would make it. I dedicated most of my time to looking after him, feeding him and nurturing him back to health. Now we have an amazing bond. I love him more than anything. He has a very cute, quirky but laid back personality. He kind of remind me of myself and we are both taurus! When he's with me and purring, he will look into my eyes for a long time with such love! He also will find me when I'm not feeling so good and sit on my lap. Or if I'm in bed, he might come and lie on my face or put himself under the duvet! He also licks my face to show affection. Sometimes I wonder if he's some sort of spiritual guide?
Old 24-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Knower

What a great thread!

When I was a baby, my folks adopted a puppy for the family, too. We sort of grew up together, mom often putting us both in the playpen together. :) He lived for nearly 17 years with us and he and I were the closest of buddies. We did everything together, ran and played, went on the sliding boards together at the playground, the merry go round and also sledding down snowy hills in the winter time. We were always in the swimming hole together, swimming around happily. He was truly my best Buddy.

As I grew up, he grew older, and not quite as spry, but we still always had a good, close relationship. He knew when I was happy and he was also happy with me. He knew when I was sick, and would stick close by me--often on the bed along with me, to help me through ailments. He was there the first time my heart was broken by a boyfriend, and many more afterwards too, always giving me his attention and love.

The day came when he was really slowing down and he became ill. He got worse as time wore on and finally came the day that our Buddy had to be put down. It was a sad day all around, but he was in so much pain, that we knew it had to be done. We all cried and prayed he understood and wouldn't be upset with us. He lives on in our memories now - more then 35 years since we had to put him down. Mom and Dad had his picture up on the wall beside all of our pictures (the yearly school pictures). Mom still has him up there, at the end of row--after me. (we're all in birth order). So, his memory lives on still and we still miss him so much.

He has actually come to me many times and not just to me but to others as well, in psychic-medium readings. He was there to greet dad when dad passed away and dad and he often come through together too, now. He has come to my mother, myself and my sister many times. He's always the same when he comes to 'visit' us. A very happy mutt, with a goofy looking smile on his furry face. It appears he doesn't hold anything against us for having made the hardest decision we had to so many years ago.
Old 24-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Starlit

This really is a great thread.

The day after our lovely dog Rosie had to be put to sleep, I was crying and at he same time happened to be leafing through our local paper, I saw an ad for a puppy that needed a home, she was a brown and white collie/springer cross which was exactly the dog I wanted. I phoned up and said we'd call to see her the next day. The owner said she was sure Molly had been waiting for us as they'd been trying to find a home for her for the past six weeks or so. We immediately fell in love with her, she was like a comforting balm after loosing Rosie...perhaps she was a gift from Rosie Molly is now nine years old and still the happiest bounciest most loving dog imaginable and my constant companion, it's impossible to say how much I love her.
Old 25-03-2015, 12:49 AM
Deactivated Account
My close pets right now are, one big bearded dragon, and two tarantula sliders.