Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-11-2021, 06:16 AM
Master
'This is how you are'... There is no you to be found in the past, and there is no perfected you to be in the future. 'This is where you exist' - just as you are. Not some other way.
Old 03-12-2021, 08:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
'This is how you are'... There is no you to be found in the past, and there is no perfected you to be in the future. 'This is where you exist' - just as you are. Not some other way.
Amazing wisdom from the Buddha.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 03-12-2021, 03:52 PM
Master

non-duality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
The spin I pick up from the Non Duality movement is that things can be put to bed quite quickly you can gain realisation in a short space of timeā€¦ and it is often put across as some kind of final and definitive thing from which you will never look back.

....but I would wager a bet that this concept is inherent in human beings from birth.

I also feel so . Non-duality has potential to take up from where we are to where we want to go in relatively easier manner faster and with more assurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
... 1+1=3, can't anyone count?

Indeed reality can be like this also . When a young male and young female date/mate , chances are there they become 3 by female becoming pregnent and subsequently giving birth to a child. So spiritually these 1+1 = 3 . We can have ample such examples .

A famous rich and powerful state has adopted "zero sum game" as a doctrine and has deployed it successfully consistently and persistently engaging in activities where only something positive emerges. Non-duality too can be viewed as a triplex reality like
me as 1
Some other as 2
and Non-dual god that resides in both as 3
Old 04-12-2021, 07:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
A famous rich and powerful state has adopted "zero sum game" as a doctrine and has deployed it successfully consistently and persistently engaging in activities where only something positive emerges. Non-duality too can be viewed as a triplex reality like
Thanks for sharing. The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost is another take on the triple sided appraisal of reality. Also in Vajrayana Buddhism there is the Trikaya, or 3 bodies of the Buddha in the form of the Dharmakaya, Nirmanakaya and Sambhogakaya. I'm sure there are lot more triplexs in various traditions and systems.

I like the one you forwarded, man woman and child, really profound, simple and perhaps a little overlooked from time to time. Thanks once again for sharing. Joe.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 06-12-2021, 11:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
but both existed at the same time, stuff like that so yes. 1+1 = 2 seems a given in our world that people live and die by.
Darkness is simply the inability of our senses to perceive light, but animals can see in the 'darkness'. The reason we don't like it very much is because we have survival mechanisms that make us scared when we perceive a possible threat to our survival. There is no darkness except the darkness we create for ourselves.

There is no Duality but there is Spiritual bypassing.

Similarly the brain floods with 'happy hormones' that make us feel good when we do things that are perceived as conducive to our survival. Sometimes it's not Spirituality, sometimes it's the limbic system or the so-called 'lizard brain'.

It is explainable and you can describe them, but you need more knowledge than is available in a Spirituality of splendid isolation.

Does God do Spirituality?
Old 06-12-2021, 11:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Indeed reality can be like this also . When a young male and young female date/mate ,
There is 'this', there is 'that' and there is 'both'. Triality, Triplex Unity of the pre-Taoist alchemists, trinity..... When you encompass that it gives you four dimensions, not the binary thinking of Duality.

There is no Duality and therefore no non-Duality, which is a Dualistic attempt to resolve the created paradox.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:10 PM
Master
instead of spiritual bypassing you can call it variety that adds to whole.

A theoretical physicist can spend their entire life working on projects that can end up becoming perfect representations of a misunderstanding, that forms a beautiful contrast or background to find or clarify the answers. Did that person bypass on purpose? No. The intention and desire of our family of consciousness as humanity remains same, but also is always evolving and expanding.

This means, that every perspective, no matter how perfect, will always contain contrast / duality, which causes new desire to be realised from within that perspective.

The movement towards the preference is thus an eternal process of joyous expansion, if chosen. Otherwise one can expand on perspective that do not align with their own intentions or that of the whole, and in that there is always negative emotion, struggle, difficulty, etc. But out of those experiences always comes a greater expansion of the desire. And a greater clarification of it aswell.

As more people make war, more desire for peace is attained. And thus more opportunity for the realisation of peace aswell.

So the best example of a spiritual bypassing is that of all the great changers of life on this planet. Most influential people of the human history were always considered spiritual bypassers. Does that mean that every spiritual bypasser will succeed just by calling themselves a spiritual bypasser? Nope. Just a mental concept. That is relative like everything else.

But if someone truely believes they have found a non-dual concept, then they will be able to display the greatest spiritual bypassing of all people. But in reality, they are able to do so, because they bypass what most people call spiritual and think of as spiritual, and align fully with their own spirit/soul/godsource, who holds all desire of all people in eternally expanding vibrational escrow, for our realisation of it.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:07 PM
Master

Duality

Quote:
There is no Duality and therefore no non-Duality, which is a Dualistic attempt to resolve the created paradox.

While what u say is a statement of fact. But there is no or little awarenes/ realization for this. And without awareness /realization experiential bliss of oneness does not come.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Does God do Spirituality?

Spirituality is a word that use to point towards the unknown, has it lost it's meaning nowadays ? Not sure. Buts a it's word that suggests something hidden, out of the mainstream, off beat, Zeitgeist, Transcendental, Lore, Gnosis and much more. Also something very subtle, not obvious.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
instead of spiritual bypassing you can call it variety that adds to whole.

A theoretical physicist can spend their entire life working on projects that can end up becoming perfect representations of a misunderstanding, that forms a beautiful contrast or background to find or clarify the answers. Did that person bypass on purpose? No. The intention and desire of our family of consciousness as humanity remains same, but also is always evolving and expanding.

Thanks for your post quite stimulating and brought up a few new ideas for me. Made me think that perhaps some of these 'bypassers' even within their so called skewed thinking were framing other outcomes as you say within the field of physics etc. I was thinking of Michelangelo and his drawing of a prototype helicopter, perhaps considered bizarre at the time but seen in the bigger scheme of things to be precognitive.

Or the bypassing of certain musical frameworks by jazz musicians. Putting together stuff that obviously works but brought about by breaking some familiar musical concepts.

I watched a documentary last night regarding a certain wannabe zeitgeist of our times, conspiracy theories etc. But I can't say too much here as the rules don't permit political polemical for good reasons i think. Anyway there is an ignorance out there atm posing as a 'bypasser' if we take your positive spin on the term. So Miles Davis or John Coltrane knew ...the C major scale im sure, and knew basic things about musical theory and practice. But i get the strong feeling without sounding like some ivory tower intellectual which i am not that ..that the bypassers of our age, the conspiracists in other words have left behind the C major scale and that why they sound so insane to me.

The bypassing that goes on in the non duality arena is a little bit different i think and more understandable, although all ignorance given a little time and attention is understandable ? Anyway I'm probably sounding quite insane myself thanks for your post best regards Joe.