Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 25-11-2021, 03:58 PM
Knower
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
The body is subject to the laws of this world. But eventually reality catches up with them.
Reality is created from consciousness. Overcoming the collective belief can definitely be an experience of great challenge, but not impossible. I would be wary of anyone who desires humanity believe itself to be less powerful than they could be.
Old 25-11-2021, 04:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
Reality is created from consciousness. Overcoming the collective belief can definitely be an experience of great challenge, but not impossible.

Just a health warning. It's your choice.

Here are many testimonials from ex-vegans, I'm sure they are all simply failing at being spiritual enough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exvegans/
Old 25-11-2021, 04:24 PM
Knower
Angel1

Quote:
Just a health warning. It's your choice.
Of course.

If you run a marathon before any training, you're bound to collapse before the finish line.

And if you are not quite ready to run a marathon, it is a good idea to not pass the starting line.
Old 25-11-2021, 07:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:
But eventually reality catches up with them.
I think you're mixing diet and health / aging.
They are both linked of course, but I can testify that, currently, what I eat or drink has less importance than many other factors on my health / happiness / energy level.
If you can bring joy to your life, then I think it's the best anti-aging pill. Joy, freedom, fresh air, moving, seeing new things, etc etc.
Old 26-11-2021, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Source?
I can only find that there's about 2g of protein in one avocado, which is almost nothing. No B vitamins and cholesterol.

Still waiting for a reply....
Old 26-11-2021, 01:17 PM
I had to google what the terms were in the topic.
I thought a person did NOT eat eggs or cheese if they were ovo lacto.
It's the opposite!
So I guess I was a lacto vegetarian...that just called myself a vegetarian, period.
I wouldn't have a brownie if it was made with an egg.
All these labels! Gosh.

What a living nightmare bringing eggs back into my diet ...I didn't have enzymes to digest them after SO many years...
it was over a week of pain...walking bent over holding my gut.
I won't get into more details.

Sorry, on topic -you can so easily be vegan..rem to get, oh say, 50-70 grams of complete protein, please.
3 of my dear friends that continued on being vegetarians for another 30 years, after I stopped...
were so unhealthy, (meaning they caught every virus), pale, dragging...my gosh...it took 3 times to beg them,
''Well, at least get some protein powder! please!"
Because cooking for a couple when they were sick...I saw what they ate...
sure lentils...sure, grains, sure tofu...BUT,
never combined together to make a complete protein!
And the carbs! Omg, the white flour and cheese! All organic, tho! lol!
I could tell stories.
All 3 are much better now.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-03-2022, 02:29 PM
Knower
I don't like the idea of killing animals either but if all humanity went vegan, farm animals would probably go extinct as no one would spend money to raise them and tend to their health when they grow old. This means that people who eat meat allow for farm animals to incarnate. In exchange, farm animals agree, on a soul level, to be killed at a young age. I'm not sure this is so bad a deal. Now, humanity has a lot to change in terms of farm animals' well being. The way they are slaughtered is particularly terrible.
Old 07-03-2022, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDrum
I don't like the idea of killing animals either but if all humanity went vegan, farm animals would probably go extinct as no one would spend money to raise them and tend to their health when they grow old.

And cats would depend entirely on hunting, and dogs would eat a lot of garbage. What's the point of a pet if you don't wish to take care of it?

There are problems obviously, such as too much livestock, which comes at the cost of the environment. We should return to smaller animal farms pre- 1970s levels. Another issue is this cold, detached and industrial approach to livestock. Viewing them as a product, fattening them, purely for consumption. It's a symptom of modernity.

I don't eat those animals but that doesn't mean I can't see the problems that would happen if we no longer killed any animal. Not everyone can be healthy without it, and we have to think of our carnivore pets as well. Veganism for everyone isn't the way forward..
Old 07-03-2022, 04:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
And cats would depend entirely on hunting, and dogs would eat a lot of garbage. What's the point of a pet if you don't wish to take care of it?
One third of US households own a dog; a quarter of them own a cat. How many would own a cow as a pet? Would you?
Old 07-03-2022, 05:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDrum
How many would own a cow as a pet? Would you?

No. I don't have the space to take care of a cow. We have farms for a reason. And if I did have the space, cows wouldn't be on my need-to-have list.