Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 21-10-2013, 08:18 AM
azuly

When and how did you know what are you good at?

I am curious at when and how did you know what you are/will be good at?

By that I mean...you found your strenght at tarot readings,channeling,seeing aura....

Or did you try all those varieties and then saw where you are the strongest?

Nothing happens over night(most of the things anyway) so how long did you work on one thing before going to another?

Maybe a bit weird question but I really want to know a lot so don't be too surprised if I ask some more ...hehehe...

Thank you!!
Old 27-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Said1

I"ve always been empathic but didn't know exactly what that was until more recently. I started with Tarot cards when I was barely a teenager, but they are more for clarification and more insight, now.
Old 22-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Knower
I am generally a dabbler in all things that I try/do - working as an artist I experimented with different art mediums until I figured out which techniques I enjoy most. Same with divination mediums - I'm trying out different methods, but also following what appeals to me most - literally what I'm more drawn to or interested in. I started by going to the library and doing an internet search for different methods, and the ones that held my attention the longest were the ones I delved into deeper. I feel much more drawn to Runes, dowsing, natural magic, shamanism and elementals than I feel towards mediumship, ouija boards, tarot, hypnotism and seeing auras.

The more you work with spiritual practices, the more you'll find your own preferences and strengths. Practice makes perfect, and it will light the way for you. The more you meditate or do rituals that appeal to you, the more you'll develop your intuition that will guide you towards the right tools or techniques.
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.
Old 15-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Hereandthere

I, like Renewe have ventured into many forms of divination, still do, including making my own. I've been doing this since childhood.

You will be drawn to many things, some more than others. When you start playing with them (as I call it), you will find things that you seem to resonate more with than others. And it goes more past that - say you find that cards speak to you (well I should say that messages come through you that "feel" right or more easy) then there are zillions of card decks, or ways to read cards.

Personally, I've always had an affinity to all cards but do enjoy oracle cards (which they were far and few between when I was younger), also pendulum work, stones and others random things I do. I've tried many times to work with Runes as I find their history, etc. fascinating but for some reason, I just can't "feel" it. Same with I-Ching.

You have a whole world out there of things to discover - have fun on the journey!
Old 18-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Seeker

Initially I received the direction and answers I needed through meditation. It's like I am awake inside a dream during meditation much of the time.

It became evident through mind pictures and interpretation by a spiritual advisor that it was time to pick up a deck of tarot cards. Long story short, I saw "the Hermit" for the first time during meditation and my guide (with skin on) advised me to pick up a Rider-Waite deck of cards --- look at the cards and get back with her.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I wasn't even looking for a divination tool --- at the time, I figured in order to "break on through to the other side" I would need to concentrate on prayer and meditation. Well, in a way, that certainly was true.

~V