Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-06-2022, 09:58 AM
Guide

I believe Spirituality is a sacred thing to each person, not to be mocked in any way. God (by the way a source, not human) wouldn't give his/her gift to anyone who would abuse it in any way. I am not against a small fee but it's those who flaunt it appearing on TV and the like are in the wrong entirely and the most able to abuse it and make money for their own reward
I have an inner voice screaming at me that it's wrong and I NEVER ignore my inner voice. It should not be a main source of income however.
Many folk who go to these readings take them all literally and it changes their lives. Nobody however knows if it is a fake or real reading or how it is meant to be understood when given by the receiver to he recipient.

Blessings.
Old 03-06-2022, 10:14 AM
Administrator
I have been to see a few mediums I didn't book them I went with friends, not one could read me, instead i started reading them.
I always remember one my friend was told about her how accurate she was, I went with her the first thing she said young people don't loose people so they don't understand.
I told her she didn't have a clue what she was talking about and i waited for my friend outside.

Namaste
Old 03-06-2022, 10:40 AM
Guide

There you go Native spirit.I remember you mentioning that in an earlier post.

Spirituality is not a thing to be mocked in any way. It is on a par with religion.

And my religion is Spirituality.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:11 PM
Master
I thought the topic was going to be "should you so something with your gift?" instead it is about "is it okay to make money with your gift?"
I was confused for a sec, hihi.

As an answer: nothing wrong with it.
I don't do free readings either, only for my family if they ask, but not for strangers.
Thing is, you attract all the people that want a freebee, including the ones that don't even believe in it, don't actually do anything with it, and people who want to test you to see if you can do what you say.
I'm not going to waste my precious time and energy on that.
Also, if people pay for it they tend to value it. And they are willing to invest in themselves, meaning you get motivated people, people that can be inspired.
That's who I want to work for.

Apart from all that, if you do it for free you get a ton of request -included the useless ones described above- and it will wear you out. It will cost you all your free time, but people who do things also have a life.
And when it's for free people won't understand that, they get PO that you don't help them. As if they're entitled to you spending your free time & energy on them.

Loads of mediums have started out that way but because they get treated like cr** they stop working with individuals and begin doing group work or they at least begin to charge for their work AND set boundaries such as time, days of working.

And again, apart from all that, if you wish to do this work and serve and help people, you do have to pay the bills. That doesn't go away just because you have a gift. There's the rent, heating, internet, food, clothes, and so on. That doesn't come by itself.

Since it is our birthright to have it good, contrary to religious beliefs that we should suffer, we are entitled to make a good living so you don't have to work for free nor for peanuts.
The good old-fashioned way things work is also that if you're charging more, you're good. And typically that doesn't work artificially, it grows that way. Like I said, many start out for free or for crumbs but since people drain them for more and more and more, they eventually change that. Or because they themselves wish to spend more time doing it as they enjoy it, meaning it has to cover their bills and of course extra so you can have your birthright of living well. Just as everyone else that has a gift for bookkeeping/plumbing/XYZ would want a pay raise. It's the exact same thing, and neither are wrong. You don't expect a plumber/gardener/bookkeeper/ etc. to grant you their talent for free. You find it quite normal to pay for their skills.

What people also seem to easily forget it that there's something as taxes and rules and regulations. If I start my own business as a medium I have to register as a business owner --> costs money. If I play music during my work I have to pay for copyright --> costs money and a helluva lot too!
There's VAT -21% over here!!!- which means I have to up the prices to still have enough left. I have to get a bookkeeper in --> costs money, a helluva lot too if you want a decent one.
Most of these costs are annual, not one time costs. If you travel, petrol, car, car maintenance, you need to look the part so there's clothes, shoes, hair dye, hair cuts, make-up, and so on and so forth. I also need an expensive business insurance policy in case anyone decided to file charges against me if they for whatever feel wronged. Another annual cost. ANd there's plenty more costs involved, like a website with proper domain, a mail program to send newsletters etc. etc.
People usually don't take this stuff into account. A business doesn't run itself for free, it costs the owner a lot of money per year.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:31 PM
Master
Oh, and another thing if you make this a business... no unemployment benefit, no paid sick or maternity leave, no pension, no disability insurance which is a risk, and so on. You lose all these things you have automatically as soon as you get a regular job.
You could get that yourself but it costs a ton and for most it's not doable.
Which also means if you want to take 3 weeks holiday you have no income whereas when employed you have 25-28 days off a year with normal pay.
Also, you have to pay the full healthcare fees yourself, normally an employer pays the biggest lump of that.

It's a huge risk in that sense.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:37 PM
Guide

Sorry to be a pain FairyCrystal,people should have other jobs to pay the bills. As a medium you should be able to read the person beforehand to know if they are legit.
As regarding the prices to charge, paupers are just as much in need as Millionaires.
I've said all I will on the subject and my feelings will not be changed. I rue the day I started this thread and am now going to quietly retire from it.
Old 03-06-2022, 03:04 PM
Master
Oh, I wasn't trying to change your mind. I just gave my view and experience, having been a business owner.
As for having another job to pay the bills, that would mean a medium is forced to sacrifice their free time, which is also time away from family, friends, rest & relaxation? Why should they not be allowed to have that like everyone else?

And for me, and another large group of people that's increasing even, I don't want to work in 3D society. I want to be able to do what I love and what makes me happy and fulfils me.
Hardly anyone gets fulfilment and joy out of their regular jobs, they do it because they have no other options.
Why shouldn't people that DO have other options be able to enjoy that and make a decent living that way?
Basically this dynamic is part of the 3D system falling on its @$$. It only makes the rich ones richer and keeps the poor -most people- poor.
More and more people, including teenagers, cannot live in this old structure any longer which is why they resist, skip school, smoke pot, etc. etc.

So there's even more to it.
Fair enough you're bailing out of the conversation. I wasn't addressing you personally either, nor trying to convince anyone. Just telling how I see it and know it to be.

If governments made it a lot easier I would've started my business too. Right now the extra cost before I've even made a cent is stopping me. Had a business before, so I know what it entails.

And I still stand by what I said, which is along the new 5D ways of living.
Personally I detest the old 3D, which is along the lines you apparently stick to. No skin of my nose, to each their own after all. It's just not what resonates with most anymore.
Old 03-06-2022, 03:19 PM
Guide

Did people have to pay to see Jesus preach?
Folk can always say no to people requesting readings.
I'm not in a 3,4,5,even6,D society I live my own life as it suits me.
Right,I'm defiantly going into retirement from this thread.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:25 AM
Master

I think people should not make a career from their gifts. It cannot be proven so the government or authorities cannot protect people from fraud. There are a lot of scams and people have lost a lot of money.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I believe Spirituality is a sacred thing to each person, not to be mocked in any way. God (by the way a source, not human) wouldn't give his/her gift to anyone who would abuse it in any way.
Many folk who go to these readings take them all literally and it changes their lives. Nobody however knows if it is a fake or real reading or how it is meant to be understood when given by the receiver to he recipient.

Are we here to judge others how to live and enjoy their experience?

Everything in life is temporary, we live, we learn we choose and we live and choose again.

You can only decide for you what’s right and wrong in you.

People do good for others people take advantage of others.

This’d things happen in all areas of life.

If you stop highlighting spirit matters as seperate you won’t be concerned as this being ‘wrong in relation to god for others’ but rather look at things through your truth and act accordingly.

Your associating others into your belief.

Your not others.