Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-01-2017, 01:57 AM
Pathfinder

Cat Give me your vegetarian ideas and opinions!

2 years ago, I became a vegetarian, mainly because at the time I was diagnosed with T2 Diabetes, and I wanted to start eating healthier to maintain my weight and blood sugars. During this time, I always was freaked out by meat, I would have thoughts like:
"gross, I can't believe I was eating muscle fibres.... this looks like it could be flesh from my own body" or just the fact I hated looking at it, it would make me feel sick, or the smell of it cooking... ugh.

Anyway, I went to the doctors for a general check up and they told me my B12 levels were so low, I needed weekly injections.
I stupidly and gradually started introducing meat back into my diet and was eating meat again for about a year.

Now comes a few days after xmas 2016, my body and mind was telling me I need to stop eating meat again, but this time it was for different reasons.
I felt like a hypocrite being such a "huge animal lover" with 3 cats of my own, or leaving water and food out for stray animals who have no home, and yet there I was being a hypocrite with meat on my fork.
I now can't look at meat without thinking "when I look at my cats and then look at a burger, I see no difference, it's still an animal".

Anyway, thats just a bit of back history for my storytime...
I am here to ask advice on making sure I get all of the correct vitamins and minerals this time round, I did purchase 1000 mcg B12 supplements and take 1 every fortnight to help my B12 levels so it won't get as low as last time. Is there anything else I should take into consideration? Any foods I should try or awesome recipes?
I do still eat cheese (cheddar, halloumi, camembert, parmesan...ect), I don't eat eggs as that freaks me out now too, and I drink soy milk in tea or coffee once or twice a week.