Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Knower
Lightbulb Death isn't always about death of the body

It has been forever since I have been on, yet for the past few months I have constantly been getting a pull to come back. I am following my intuition to come back to this lovely community, with that said, I wanted to bring up something.

Death can always represent a few different things besides death of the physical body. This can also represent the end of a chapter in your life, rebirth, renewal, completing a life purpose, or end of an aspect, relationship, something in your waking life. As I have learned and grown, I have discovered that through the plethora of death dreams, visions, and meditations have very little to do with the death of a physical body. At least 90-95%+ of my dreams, visions, and meditations have been about the end of a life chapter. I used to be so terrified that so many people that I loved and cared about would suddenly die. However, I have learned through time, patience, guidance, and meditation, that is means something so much more. I have also learned that when/if the physical body dies, that does not mean I can't connect with the soul of the person who passed.

I would love to hear any other thoughts, feelings, experiences that you might have to offer.
Old 13-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Deactivated Account
We're dying to each moment. Life itself is about letting go. While letting go of the physical body is the ultimate surrender, we're called to let go of all we identify with at every step of our lives. We lose everything and yet we gain everything by the same token. That is the paradox. Through loss, we come to realise we are all we ever needed.
Old 13-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Experiencer
Great post Rfrost! Interestingly, last night I was compelled to write this with the impression I would be responding to a posting on this site. Coincidence? Perhaps.... In any case - the following is an excerpt of what I wrote.

For myself, "Rebirth" is my epiphany of my worldly experience. While my faith in the universe, the creator, divine source aka God is that of a christian heretic (one who is at odds with mainstream Christianity). I do believe the true message of Jesus is to learn who you are, where you came from and escape the body to return to your true and natural genesis.

Didymos Judas Thomas directly recorded Jesus in Logion 3 when He said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

The depth of this early proto-gnostic teaching is manifest and covertly personified by the poet Theodotus. "Fate is real, but after it the astrologists are no longer right. But it is not only the washing that is liberating, but the knowledge of who we were, and what we have become, where we were or where we were placed, whither we hasten, from what we are redeemed, what birth is and what rebirth."
  • Who were you? Divine being
  • What have you become? Mud, imprisoned in a body, trapped in materiality
  • Where were You? Heaven, with the divine father, with God, one with the universe
  • Where have you been placed? Into the earth, into the world, into materiality
  • Wither We Hasten: Where are you going in such a hurry? Back to heaven, the divine/living father, to God, return to singularity with the universe
  • What are you redeemed from? You are redeemed from being embodied, released from the material world
  • What is birth? Damnation, death... When you are born your spark is entrapped in your body.
  • What is rebirth: Death, learning your true self, learning the true self won't die at all.

Within the duality of my physical body and conscious mind, understanding this faith is simple a matter of recognizing that sprite is alive and well, and continues to manifest despite the obstacles of secular obfuscation placed before it. If the meaning and message of Jesus is settled business (Nicene doctrine) -- this implies we are dealing with a closed book from the summer of 325 instead of the immediate reality we are all faced with. It is in this context I have learned this message is about my own personal encounter and transformation that brings about understanding and eternal change for the conscious and eternal mind. The universal truth "Seek and you will find" really works. If you have that purity of motivation, hunger for the truth and keep going in the face of doubt and despite the many obstacles placed before you. You will find what it is you are seeking because you will be guided even if you do not recognize it.

-- Peace

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 13-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for sharing RFrost...

This is one of my favorite quotes on the subject matter:

"Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to die before you die - and find that there is no death" ~ Eckhart Tolle
Old 13-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Ascender

Im still finding it all hard to believe. I think the materialist conditioning of past years has done a good job. I mean, how can you exist when there is no longer a body??!! It seems impossible that a disembodied mind can still function?!!
Old 13-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Experiencer

I think it is to do with thoughts...Please be patient with me ... A thing with Mass travels slower , in some cases , much slower than the speed of light normally.

A thing without mass has no such limitations. Your dreams will bear this out . You can have a dream that takes you back in time or you can have a dream of the future..Premonition is after all remembering in the wrong direction.

So about that death thing.. I firmly believe that , that is entirely a physical thing alone, a matter entirely for the material , things with mass... Thoughts however seem omnipresent because they are free from mass and therefore not governed by the physics lightspeed thing.

The upshot being is that there is aOcean / lake / stream of consciousness that you can and probably do, dip your metaphorical toes into at quiet regular intervals through out your day. I guess I am saying that the electrical impulses, the frequency waves generated by the brain of thinking. does not conform to what the flesh has the endurance to remain.

As easy as you can access a thought from Victorian times is as easy as any radio wave/frequency can tune to your living vibration now.
Old 13-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Im still finding it all hard to believe. I think the materialist conditioning of past years has done a good job. I mean, how can you exist when there is no longer a body??!! It seems impossible that a disembodied mind can still function?!!

Hahah I hear ya... Try starting from the opposite end of things ... How could biological cells/matter be responsible for creating consciousness (self-awareness) when analysis of those individual parts (components) does not demonstrate that they exhibit the same qualities as the whole package... In other words we can't prove nor do we claim that neurons in the brain (and elsewhere) possess the quality of consciousness or self-awareness, yet the materialist perspective says that some combination or configuration of these unconscious biological parts/components is supposed to be responsible for creating the phenomenon of consciousness (self-awareness)? They (materialists/reductionists) can't explain it any better than someone can explain how consciousness exists independent of the physical body. So you may find yourself in somewhat of a neutral place or middleground regarding this debate. That's where I think certain unexplainable, transcendental (seemingly supernatural) experiences come into the picture and when sufficiently contemplated I feel they will push one's awareness beyond the belief/perception that the physical body is responsible for creating consciousness or your existence.
Old 13-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Ascender

As I always say, I fear the brain; without it we may be nothing at all.

Undiscovered workings of the brain may yet explain all paranormal/supernatural occurences.

I find myself believing less every day, despite some odd experiences not specifically to me but other family members.

I didn't exist 100 years ago so a big part of me says why should I still exist in some form 100 or even a 100000000000000000 years
Old 13-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Hahah I hear ya... Try starting from the opposite end of the spectrum... How could biological cells/matter be responsible for creating consciousness (self-awareness) when analysis of those individual parts (components) does not demonstrate that they exhibit the same qualities as the whole package... In other words we can't prove nor do we claim that neurons in the brain possess consciousness or self-awareness, yet the materialist perspective says that some combination or configuration of these unconscious parts/components is supposed to be responsible for creating the phenomenon of consciousness (self-awareness)? They (materialists or reductionists) can't explain it any better than someone can explain how consciousness exists independent of the physical body.

I knew youd swoop in to offer hope, I totally get you WG but I also think of all the billions who have already gone and yet none have returned to offer real concrete evidence. Surely there should be something more tangible?
Old 13-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Experiencer

happen it's you.

Sorry, I must ask you to be patient again.

You have Two Parents. 4 Grand Parents, 8 Grand Parents, 16 Great Grand Parents 32 Great Great Grand Parents, 64 Gre... Ok you can see where this is going.. Giving a generous 60 years to a generation , at some time in the early 15th Century ever single person walking the earth is blood related to you. I am only saying this because genetic memory is proof positive of life after death.