Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 05-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart
Hi there,
Sorry for the sad/gross mental image, but I was crossing the street to get to my apartment earlier, and there was a dead crow or raven (I think... and I have a hard time differentiating both) in the middle of the street, that had been smooshed by cars

I don't know that the crow or raven is one of my animal guides, but I worry that this is a bad omen of some sort? Was there a meaning to that, or was it just coincidence?

It seems so odd to me that a crow or raven would have gone in the middle of a busy road to begin with, or not moved when a car was to come by. They usually stay on the side of the road and are pretty intelligent...

Any insight would be very appreciated!

My life is a bit rocky too lately, stress from university, but especially been heart broken again by a guy who I keep trusting but who keeps deceiving. That has been the issue on my mind lately, or the fact i'm hoping to soon finally find the right guy who will treat me with the love and respect i deserve to have.

THank you :)

Hello Kindheart!

My totem animals are raven and crow. To differentiate between the two, raven is a VERY large bird, even young ravens tend to be bigger than crows, and crow is small. You can easily tell the difference by the way they sound when they are alive. Crows are the little black birds that hang around town, and roads, scavengers of peoples litter and garbage. Ravens tend to be more isolated in wilderness - but not always.

Anyways, Raven, is the trickster, and shape shifter, the only mythological bird with powers alive. Crow can be seen as his little miniature at times, but crow is not the same.

Anyway, it seems to me more likely, you saw a dead Crow, as it seems an apartment would be in a city atmosphere, but i could be wrong, hopefully my description helps you out.

Anyways, people get the wrong impression of Raven and Crow. Raven, for example, is a trickster, but it's not true he brings bad luck. He just likes to help us, and guide us, and teach us powerful things, in funny and amusing ways. He is not a bad omen, neither is crow, they are very powerful and good signs. You may want to examine your thoughts around the time you saw it, or examine what you were doing - Crow or Raven may be trying to teach you something amazing, or perhaps steering you away from trouble.

Anyways, the very same thing happened to me. So I will gladly share my story, you may get something from it.

It was during the summer and i frequently ran into crow feathers, and my little buddies would follow me everywhere. Every time i was gifted with a feather, it was a good thing. They are peculiar birds, they work in mysterious ways, but never will they bring misfortune. I was doing very good for awhile, meaning, my life was uplifted, i was on a good path.
However, something happened to steer me off course, and i began to indulge in drinking with friends down by the park.
Upon riding my bike to the park, i was battling my mind of, should i drink or not today. And then, i saw a dead crow on the side of the road.
At once i knew why I found him. It was not a good idea to drink. All i knew was i had to give him a sacred burial, and do a ceremony, and that i had been gifted this amazing thing, thus drinking was not in the question anyways. I had a ceremony for him, offered him tobacco, and left him by a river shore, which felt to me like the right thing to do, and I took his wing so i could use it in ceremonies down the road. Unfortunately, i was not in a good mind space back then, and i went back to drinking later down the road, and lost the wing. My gift was taken back because i messed up. It may have been wrong of me to take his wing in the first place. But all i know, was the the dead crow, was a good sign, of guidance, steering me back onto the right road. It's our choice if we follow it or not, or if we want to understand what the message is. Of course, we find death, as something bad. But it really is not a bad thing, it is such an amazing thing. To find a dead crow is rare, and very amazing and powerful. It would be good to give such an amazing and powerful creature a proper burial. Perhaps he may even want to be your spirit guide.
Old 17-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Suspended

crow and raven are different size ,raven is a lot bigger , even squashed ravens beak will look big.
crow is a peace keeper, often sent to settle arguements or problems.
raven is the master of magic and illusion, if one of these apply to you then you will know what bird person you saw that brought you this message. hope you find this helpful x x x x
love and light .
whitewing
Old 18-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Suspended

raven is a lot bigger than crow even when squashed by car x x x x huge beak and size in general ,raven is the master of cunning magic and illusion, where crow is the peace keeper will help to settle problems fights etc....
crow is often called the magistrate .
if that helps you with any of your problems, so if you need a problem sorted call upon the crow.
love and light
Old 20-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Experiencer
It was a crow... and I just came across another crow who had just gotten run over by a car, in the middle of another smaller street close to my place... what's going on? I don't like this...

I keep wanting for me and that guy I talked about earlier to make peace, we aren't talking and he refuses to talk to me, so I gave up trying a few days ago. But I miss him and wished at least we could be friends again. Would it have to do with that? Is it telling me that things are better off the way they are, separate ways, no talking, no friends, no peace?
Old 20-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Experiencer
and that guy just emailed me out of the blue after a couple weeks of no talking to me to say he needed time away and to say despite all this he wished me a merry xmas and happy new year... i miss him so much.......