Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Experiencer

I think god's punishment for suicide is unjust

I've been reading suicidal near death experience accounts, and there are plenty of reports where people say they've learned that suicide is an act of rebellion against god's purpose for us, it's throwing this precious gift known as "life" back in god's face, and that people will be penalized/punished for their act of suicide. They'll remain miserable in a very dark place for hundreds or thousands of years, and god, or his angels, won't rescue them, since that's their punishment. I personally think such a punishment would be unjust in the eyes of a perfect, all-loving, all-just god. So, I don't think god is perfect, all-loving, and all-just if he's delivering such a cruel, unjust punishment. Lastly, here's a link which talks about souls being punished for suicide. You must scroll down to the Life After Life excerpt. There, you'll read about the punishment for suicide:

https://the-formula.org/near-death-experiences-suicide/

Last edited by MattMVS7 : 27-09-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 27-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Master

And I have read that there is no Divine punishment for the act of suicide. The individual may feel remorse that they have killed their body and wasted an opportunity for learning, and they may have to face a similar situation in a future incarnation so they may perhaps choose a different course of action.

I suspect that the punishment of being miserable in a very dark place for hundreds of years is self-imposed. The person is so caught up in their own misery that they are closed to all outside assistance.

But the accounts of after-death experiences of suicides vary considerably.

Peace
Old 27-09-2019, 08:06 PM
Master

I don't really think that the Creator is punishing someone but we are the ones who are punishing ourselves... Please try to understand that the Creator represents the absolute, why would He punish someone when we are all part of His creation? We are the ones who are punishing ourselves... Nevertheless, all good things come from Him, but as long we keep following the pleasures of the flesh, we keep on suffering.

Well, all these words come from my own life experience..
Old 27-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Seeker

Angel1 Seeing that every day is truly a gift...

I think the reason why there's a punishment from God regarding suicide is because life is truly a gift. In the depths of your life, God and the universe are both entities that reach out in unique ways in order to pull you out of the ditch that you may be in. Depression and suicide are both symptoms of a pessimistic perspective, and sometimes it may be extremely difficult to change one's perspective. Regardless of the punishment, there is one thing that should be understood.

EVERYDAY IS GOD'S DAY. EACH DAY THAT WE EXPERIENCE IS A GIFT! AS WE WALK THIS EARTH WITH GRACE, WE SHALL NOT FORGET WHO WE ARE AND WHY WE CAME!
Old 27-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I've been reading suicidal near death experience accounts, and there are plenty of reports where people say they've learned that suicide is an act of rebellion against god's purpose for us, it's throwing this precious gift known as "life" back in god's face, and that people will be penalized/punished for their act of suicide. They'll remain miserable in a very dark place for hundreds or thousands of years, and god, or his angels, won't rescue them, since that's their punishment. I personally think such a punishment would be unjust in the eyes of a perfect, all-loving, all-just god. So, I don't think god is perfect, all-loving, and all-just if he's delivering such a cruel, unjust punishment.
As far as I believe / know, that isn't accurate. There is no punishment for suicide. It's fake information.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And I have read that there is no Divine punishment for the act of suicide. The individual may feel remorse that they have killed their body and wasted an opportunity for learning, and they may have to face a similar situation in a future incarnation so they may perhaps choose a different course of action.

I suspect that the punishment of being miserable in a very dark place for hundreds of years is self-imposed. The person is so caught up in their own misery that they are closed to all outside assistance.

But the accounts of after-death experiences of suicides vary considerably.

Peace

When you say that souls are self-imposing their own miserable afterlife that lasts hundreds or thousands of years, this implies it was their own free will (their choice) to do so. But, if it was their choice to be there, then it's their choice to get out, and if someone had the choice to get out of a miserable place, then it wouldn't take him hundreds or thousands of years to do it. Therefore, I don't think it was their choice to be there, or get out. Lastly, here's a link which talks about souls being punished for suicide. You must scroll down to the Life After Life excerpt. There, you'll read about the punishment for suicide:

https://the-formula.org/near-death-experiences-suicide/
Old 27-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
I've been reading suicidal near death experience accounts, and there are plenty of reports where people say they've learned that suicide is an act of rebellion against god's purpose for us, it's throwing this precious gift known as "life" back in god's face, and that people will be penalized/punished for their act of suicide. They'll remain miserable in a very dark place for hundreds or thousands of years, and god, or his angels, won't rescue them, since that's their punishment. I personally think such a punishment would be unjust in the eyes of a perfect, all-loving, all-just god. So, I don't think god is perfect, all-loving, and all-just if he's delivering such a cruel, unjust punishment.
To resolve this issue, look at another God/ belief system.

Not that easy........

It is hard to believe that our own belief system can put us into a deep state of depression. Try to find one that is more joyful, etc.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
As far as I believe / know, that isn't accurate. There is no punishment for suicide. It's fake information.
Agree. If anything the idea emerges from one or more versions of the Abrahamic faiths - Christianity from the tone of the o/p.

It isn't the case with Shinto or Vodou.

Old 28-09-2019, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
I personally think such a punishment would be unjust in the eyes of a perfect, all-loving, all-just god. So, I don't think god is perfect, all-loving, and all-just if he's delivering such a cruel, unjust punishment. Lastly, here's a link which talks about souls being punished for suicide.

Hi,

The crule unjust punishment you speak of is in the minds of those who say such things. God in my mind, is a lot more like you in this instance.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 28-09-2019, 06:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

Correct...there is absolutely no punishment whatsoever.

And also, the concept of suicide is false.