Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 30-06-2019, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes!

Any *spontaneous* 'spiritual experience' isn't really all that spontaneous, there's always something.. a choice, or a state of being that precedes it..
I think the ''You don't have to do anything'' is a misinterpretation, it doesn't mean that we don't have to do any practice to get there. If practice wasn't necessary than nobody would suffer, we'd all be enlightened I've never seen someone who teaches advaita that you don't have to do any practice or change lifestyle.

I also wouldn't wait for or pretend to already be enlightened. It's a dead end.

That's what i've learned also.
Old 30-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Hi.
I agree we are all unique,and everyone has to 'learn' his own way,but there's no learning without practise.
Not sure if you mean that kundalini awakening can happen on it's own without consious effort.

It's like saying you can summon archangel Michael but you don't know how to summon archangels in general.
That doesn't sound ideal for me.

Many people are after kundalini,ignoring the very basics of energy work.For example the mantra LAM can open the muladhara and release a small portion of the kundalini.
In order to make it work,you have to 'learn' how to trigger mantras.You can't learn only one of them.Either you learn the 'system' or not.

Your adding things, jumping the gun, in a sense your at the end

This kid for bed, Good night lomax sweet dreams when you get there
Old 30-06-2019, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon Shivani Devi

I hope your keeping well

And you wonder why I don't say anything

Good night Shivani Dev sweet dreams when you get there
I am keeping well, muffin and I wish you likewise.

I often wonder why Still Waters and *Bindu don't post on here anymore..the only ones that I could really relate to..I wonder why we are not a more diverse group on here..but deep down inside, I understand the answer to that question. I watch videos by Koi Fresco, Joe Rogan, Igor Kufayev, Matt Kahn, Teal Swan etc, and I highly doubt any of them would be caught dead posting on a Spiritual Forum like this one.

Good night my sweet and pleasant dreams to you too.
Old 30-06-2019, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Your adding things, jumping the gun, in a sense your at the end

This kid for bed, Good night lomax sweet dreams when you get there
I wanted to give examples that anyone can understand.
I'm waiting to hear your way of how someone can raise his kundalini,so i can go to my bed.
You said energy work it's not the only way.so i guess you know the right one.

Still waiting.
Old 30-06-2019, 10:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I wanted to give examples that anyone can understand.
I'm waiting to hear your way of how someone can raise his kundalini,so i can go to my bed.
You said energy work it's not the only way.so i guess you know the right one.

Still waiting.

If I'm late for work, I'll thump you one

Didn't say any of that, that's how you see it, your missing the point, go read again.

nightie nightie hope the bed bugs don't bite
Old 30-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Sorry but i dissagree.Imo you have to sacrifice a lot in order to get even a small glimpse of the so called spiritual abilities.
Even if you're a natural,doing things that other's can't,another learning curve will be puted in your way.The process of learning has no end.

But i fully agree with the line 'Nobody really knows anything'
I disagree as well..I am just making notes on what the "general spiritual consensus" seems to support.

...but hey, if another wants to believe they can get their Kundalini raised for $200 or they can kill off all their Chakras, or they can get enlightened by doing nothing they would not normally do...good luck to them!

They will find out soon enough after they kick the bucket.
Old 30-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Master
Quote:
If I'm late for work, I'll thump you one

Didn't say any of that, that's how you see it, your missing the point, go read again.

nightie nightie hope the bed bugs don't bite
This thread is about kundalini.
You posted that we're all unique and energy work it's not the only way.
So everyone here,might think that you know-have another way to do it.

I'm not missing the point sweetie.You are the one who's dodging questions.

(I'm curious to see what book-text you'll quote).

So,have fun also.

I can't wait to hear your personal experience with the kundalini,how you did that,etc.I think it's wonderful to share our direct experiences here.

I'll be waiting.
Old 30-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes!

Any *spontaneous* 'spiritual experience' isn't really all that spontaneous, there's always something.. a choice, or a state of being that precedes it..
I think the ''You don't have to do anything'' is a misinterpretation, it doesn't mean that we don't have to do any practice to get there. If practice wasn't necessary than nobody would suffer, we'd all be enlightened I've never seen someone who teaches advaita say that you don't have to do any practice or change lifestyle.

I also wouldn't wait for or pretend to already be enlightened. It's a dead end.

I have.

There was once a member on here called iamit.

He was an Advaitin who followed teachings of a certain Guru. I forget the Guru's name, but I can look through threads in the Non Duality forum of 2 years ago to find it upon request...it will take a lot of time though.

I was always in heated debate with iamit over the differences between "Traditional" and "Neo" Advaita...when even the terms "new" and "old" are dualistic.. aren't they?

Here is one such thread:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=117504

After that I looked at all the videos about Advaita on YouTube and I was appalled...I decided to let them all have their Duality believing that it was Non-Dual, and going back to Bhakti Yoga, where I was in no mistake about the Duality until I experienced Non Duality for myself..not just believed that I could through dry philosophy and the negation of terms... solipsism can only take one so far...so far my friend.

So, "Who am I?"
Who wants to know?
Old 30-06-2019, 11:32 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Personally I believe that many who claim to have Kundalini trauma have personal issues.
It's kind of like everyone suddenly knowing their TF, like 10 years back everyone was with their Twin Soul (not the same) and had an Indian for a guide and a wolf for a totem animal.
Fads & hypes.
Especially people with problems need something to latch on to to make themselves feel a tad better. It sounds better to say "I have Kundalini problems" than it does to say "I cannot handle my chit".

Unless one is calling in sick to work. I don't think Kundalini problems would be considered a valid excuse..... except maybe in Santa Fe and parts of Cali.....
We are social animals in the end so I suppose being hip to the latest Fad is pre-programmed into our DNA to some varying extent for all of us. I mean seriously, who wants to be the only one at the juice bar who can't seem to get their Kundalini to rise. Someone should invent a pill for Kundalini Dysfunction, they would make a killing. I mean, KD can strike any astral body, and when it does it can be very embarrassing and leave one feeling spiritual inadequate.
Old 30-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Master
Hey Shivani..

My take on it is this: Just because divinity is *perfect* doesn't mean 'we', our little shell is perfect, as we carry all sorts of baggage. Spiritual practice ('sadhana') is required to cleanse ourselves and get closer to unravelling divinity. But it's still a long road..

If some people think they have to do nothing and can continue living like nothing they do matters than by all means.. they can do so and enjoy that attitude.. but it will mislead other people who just come here in enthusiasm after one or a few experiences in meditation. Then they're told ''Oh don't worry honey, you never have to do any practice again.. it was just your mind inducing that belief that you had to.'' So much credit is given to the mind that it becomes the creator itself!

And you know.. a decade ago after some experiences.. I thought to myself.. why should I bother doing any practice if I've already felt something like this. I assumed it was random yet these things aren't. And with such an attitude you will lose what you gained, therefore I always advise everyone to choose a 'practice' (whatever works according to YOUR personal make-up) and make it second nature to the point there's no mind telling you ''Nah, why should I bother..?''

And then.. the journey has only just begun..