Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 15-08-2020, 06:01 PM
Master

stillwater you need to put you first. Learn to love yourself and you will attract loving people to you.

It's harder than it looks.

The first step I had to own was that I looked at myself as a victim and a survivor. Uh-uh. Not true. I had to change that around and own that I am the author of my own life. I set myself up to learn hard lessons. The ones who hurt me didn't.

Once that was out of the way, I had to really own who I am. Sure there are things about me that I am not proud of, but overall, I'm a really good person. Loyal, honest, integrity, and meaner than hell if you step on my toes. I'm proud of all of that. I've come a long way. Saying that, I love me.
Old 16-08-2020, 05:19 AM
Newbie ;)

thanks linen

sounds like me. :)
Old 26-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Overcoming karma with something opposite is the key. Do good things!
Old 27-08-2020, 11:58 PM
asearcher

Hi i am sorry all these bad things has happen to you and hope it will change.

when i read your title of the thread i by instinct thought you don't correct karma, karma correct you.

i hope you don't feel my words are offensive. i don't mean them to be.

For me I have had detailed past life memories.

In one I was hesitent to marry so soon, so fast and on top of it I really did not like how it was arranged. During what was a very brief engagement period I tried to lift the issue by having the wedding postponed. what were my real alarming bells was that I was under someone else's thumb and coming from a home where I had been dominated I feared I was walking into a trap. Until then I think I had seen the marriage as a way to be free from domination and expectations. The day I would be free. But already my then future husband showed signs of a need to control and to dominate me and I knew that going into this relationship with him would not be easy for me, even if there was love.

Anyhow, I believe I hurt him. I did not want to hurt him. But I did. I think the reason I wanted us to be engaged for the complete year was because I felt we already had an issue that we needed to adjust ourselves too. Without so much having the words for it, I was an independent working girl who loved what I did and was starting to come forward in my occupation, but saw strong signs that my future husband did not want me to be anything but a wife to please him and stay in his shadow and do my duty and so that he could have his career and his need of blossoming. He had no desire to understand or be supportive of what was to me not only an occupation but a strong hobby, interest, so to say. Those days, 50's roundish, what I thought or felt was not something that the Western society had taken to heart and I was left feeling abnormal and outnumbered and even selfish.

We did marry, we did not wait. We had had a difficult emotional fight about it and I had been sobbing and he had been screaming, dominating and was supported by my parent too. Even if they were not the same generation it pretty much felt as if they were and they were definitely teamed up against me. My parent had decided what kind of wedding it would be and had gone in full blown capacity to arrange it this way and my future husband was all for it. It was to be a lavish society - look at me - kind of wedding and just the thought of being part of something like that made me want to run away as fast as I could. It was really about my parent showing others how successful we were, to impress others. It really had everything in it that I did not want my wedding to be like, but nobody ask me. Somehow the parent made it look like it was my duty towards my parents to have that kind of wedding. And so when I was talking about having the wedding further ahead and a different kind of wedding I was told it was too late and pretty much the attitude was how-dare-you?!

Me having complete nightmarish feeling about this from my past life memories made me think it had to be in some old newspaper and it was. I would also find a friend's description of it, which was different than the stiff words in the article, years later remembering having attended it, telling how nightmarish it was to just see her friend, so young, who had lost all color to the face, who kept walking forward in the church with the bouquet shaking like crazy, who look like she was going to faint any minute, and who had silent tears going down her cheeks. I even found old film footage of it, no sound, from those old days and when I pause I see how the eyes look, completely emotional drained and just wanting this nightmare to be over with. The title in the article was with all lights shine on the husband to be - the successful one, that he was getting married, that he was so-and-so, and this just being a move in the direction to give him more attention and establishment. He had originally come from a modest, poor background and had fought his way to where he was, and it was another sign of success to him, showing he had married a girl with the "right name", "fine" background. The family secret was we did not have much money anymore, which was why I think the parent wanted me married of to someone who made lots of money and was going to make much more, was on his way. My memories contains of fights of the parent getting hold of money that originally came from my husband and him not approving of it, placing me right in the middle, not being able to please both.

I have this thought that if I had not hurt him what had happen to me with then having a fiance who suddenly as we were merely talking of how we would get married chose to cancel it, dump me instead, would perhaps not have happened. That I needed to know what it was to be on the other side of this, to have both experiences.

And now I know both and hopefully that has balanced it up.

I there by just think one has to go through with it and just trust that in time the karma-lesson will be finished with and you can move on and that you will have happiness.

I hope your happiness will come soon :)
Old 28-08-2020, 02:55 PM
Administrator
Hello

I do not feel that Karma plays a role in relationships, more there are lessons we can take from it to move us forwards. We can come in from past lives with Karmic Debts to work on clearing and this can be relationships with those around us. I so feel that for any relationship to work and take hold we first have to have that relationship with our self in place. We have to be whole and content in whom we are as an individual, and then allow someone into our life path that compliments us not completes us.

Too many times we bring in someone that fits whom we are at the time in life and we grow out of that connection or they grow out of the connection with us. In this we again seek that completion to whom we are in another, yet we have not healed the connection with our self.

Lynn
Old 30-08-2020, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
We have to be whole and content in whom we are as an individual, and then allow someone into our life path that compliments us not completes us.

I believe this is key to the law of karma. I believe both people and events that compliment and competes or contrasts with an individual's life is weighted equally, otherwise how would we learn and grow?
Old 31-08-2020, 07:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwater
I'm a guy in my fifties, my karma seems hard on me...
My astrology chart shows I will have trouble in life w/love and relationships, and friendships.

Which is dead-on accurate.
Every friend I ever had, screws me over and walks away laughing.
Every woman I love, screws around on me and walks away laughing, and so do her family/friends.

I'm not perfect, have made some mistakes, but damn...lol!
I see people doing some of the same mistakes but seems they get out a lot easier.
Don't think I deserve all of what I've been through, but that's life as they say.

So, here's my question-

Is there a way I can correct my luck/karma/whatever, so I can be happy?
Was born to a couple of the "Silent Generation. Mom is a feminist, seemed happy to not teach me how to deal with women.
Dad "is henpecked, and isn't close to me at all. I'm Virgo, he's Aries. AAHH!

Mom (a Scorpio) thinks after two failed marriages, I should just throw in the towel. That it's my fault for picking the wrong women. And she thinks I'm paying for the sin of my grandfather's pride. Dad is 80, Mom is close behind.

Thank God for my daughter (she's wonderful, young adult now.) Best thing to ever happen to me.

I want to move away, but how do I go about turning around, or making the best/learning my lessons (?), so I can have a gratifying relationship w/ a lady, before my time ends?

I truly hope someone may point me in the right direction!

Being Hindu I subscribe to the Hindu and Buddhist beliefs about karma. In our beliefs karma is not “paybacks are a *****”, nor is it a 1:1 relationship of action:reaction, nor “what goes around comes around”. Sometimes it can manifest quickly, other times it may take billions of lives to manifest. Karma comes in many forms, which are all interrelated.

Here is an excerpt from the Wikipedia article (which is quite good) on karma (in Hinduism).

Everything that we have ever thought, spoken, done or caused is karma, as is also that which we think, speak or do this very moment. Hindu scriptures divide karma into three kinds:

Sanchita is the accumulated karma. It would be impossible to experience and endure all karmas in one lifetime. From this stock of sanchita karma, a handful is taken out to serve one lifetime and this handful of actions, which have begun to bear fruit and which will be exhausted only on their fruit being enjoyed and not otherwise, is known as prarabdha karma.

Prarabdha Fruit-bearing karma is the portion of accumulated karma that has "ripened" and appears as a particular problem in the present life.

Kriyamana is everything that we produce in the current life. All kriyamana karmas flow in to sanchita karma and consequently shape our future. Only in human life we can change our future destiny. After death we lose Kriya Shakti (ability to act) and do (kriyamana) karma until we are born again in another human body.

Some believe that only human beings who can distinguish right from wrong can do (kriyamana) karma. Therefore, animals and young children are considered incapable of creating new karma (and thus cannot affect their future destinies) as they are incapable of discriminating between right and wrong.
. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma_...sm?wprov=sfti1
Old 28-09-2020, 09:20 AM
Newbie ;)

I know that you can correct your karma with the help of affirmations. Do you have specific problems that weigh on you? These can be past actions, negative emotions .. If you work with affirmations on each case, you can improve karma. But it's hard work.
Old 30-09-2020, 04:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwater
I'm a guy in my fifties, my karma seems hard on me...
My astrology chart shows I will have trouble in life w/love and relationships, and friendships.

Which is dead-on accurate.
Every friend I ever had, screws me over and walks away laughing.
Every woman I love, screws around on me and walks away laughing, and so do her family/friends.

I'm not perfect, have made some mistakes, but damn...lol!
I see people doing some of the same mistakes but seems they get out a lot easier.
Don't think I deserve all of what I've been through, but that's life as they say.

So, here's my question-

Is there a way I can correct my luck/karma/whatever, so I can be happy?
Was born to a couple of the "Silent Generation. Mom is a feminist, seemed happy to not teach me how to deal with women.
Dad "is henpecked, and isn't close to me at all. I'm Virgo, he's Aries. AAHH!

Mom (a Scorpio) thinks after two failed marriages, I should just throw in the towel. That it's my fault for picking the wrong women. And she thinks I'm paying for the sin of my grandfather's pride. Dad is 80, Mom is close behind.

Thank God for my daughter (she's wonderful, young adult now.) Best thing to ever happen to me.

I want to move away, but how do I go about turning around, or making the best/learning my lessons (?), so I can have a gratifying relationship w/ a lady, before my time ends?

I truly hope someone may point me in the right direction!

If I were you, I look at a different school for astrology charts. Have you tried Vedic Astrology?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜