Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 05-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
There should be a thread on donating as most people, including myself, are not aware of the process.

If you look to the top and far left, you will see an icon called HOME and underneath it is another icon called DONATE.

Click on DONATE.

Sometimes you have to look several times to see these icons. Believe it or not, I had a hard time finding these icons.

I guess it is similar to not being able to see the tree in the forest.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you look to the top and far left, you will see an icon called HOME and underneath it is another icon called DONATE.

Click on DONATE.

Sometimes you have to look several times to see these icons. Believe it or not, I had a hard time finding these icons.

I guess it is similar to not being able to see the tree in the forest.

Thank you. I can't believe how obvious those icons are and how I never really noticed them.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you. I can't believe how obvious those icons are and how I never really noticed them.
It is like not seeing the tree in the forest.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It is like not seeing the tree in the forest.

I am going donate as it indicates that this is a low-cost maintenance site --- about $90 per month to maintain.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Master

Quote:
I am going donate as it indicates that this is a low-cost maintenance site --- about $90 per month to maintain.

i think in lynn's original site closing message it said something about they didn't have the funds to try to make the site appealing to more people... and I know one of the things she was concerned about before we all started talking about how much we were going to miss this place was that she could come on here sometimes and noone would be around... i think she must have felt like her effort was wasted. So I figure if they could get a little more money than they need somehow it might be nice and they might be able to spruce things up a bit and make it more appealling to a broader range of people... so I'm absolutely sure if they got more than they say they need it would be put to good use
Old 15-08-2020, 01:22 AM
Master
As a secondary thought, I would ask fellow members to think serious about donating to Spiritual Forums. Our support keeps this place open.

Old 15-08-2020, 09:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
As a secondary thought, I would ask fellow members to think serious about donating to Spiritual Forums. Our support keeps this place open.

Is this correct?

I followed all the announcements about this website's closure in October. To the best of my recall it had been suggested that Matt had communicated that the time was right for closing down the website he created.

Financing of the site wasn't mentioned until much later and even then it didn't appear that a lack of funds was the reason it was set to close.

Later annonafox joined us to say she was quite prepared to continue covering the costs associated with running this place but that donations were always welcome. In my humble opinion it's more appropriate for the one who pays the bills to encourage member to donate - if that's what's needed or desirable - rather than ordinary members who aren't involved with the running.

It's not our financial support - donations - that keep this place open but the apparent threat of closure has probably been helpful in prompting members to consider their future relationship with it.
Old 15-08-2020, 09:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
i think in lynn's original site closing message it said something about they didn't have the funds to try to make the site appealing to more people...

I'm very dubious that a facelift would change this place's appeal.

Quote:
and I know one of the things she was concerned about before we all started talking about how much we were going to miss this place was that she could come on here sometimes and noone would be around...

On 'my' website I similarly am the only one who's around and it can be disheartening. Often I wonder why I still bother to keep things 'neat and tidy' for members and visiting readers.

Quote:
i think she must have felt like her effort was wasted. So I figure if they could get a little more money than they need somehow it might be nice and they might be able to spruce things up a bit and make it more appealling to a broader range of people... so I'm absolutely sure if they got more than they say they need it would be put to good use

As I said earlier, I'm dubious that "sprucing things up a bit" would change anything significantly. Those who are interested in spiritual issues will come here for the conversations about spiritual issues. Those who come for other reasons will come for their own reasons. The SF website works very well, is presented clearly and easy to use.

A different appearance might make it prettier but would it make the place work better?