Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 02-07-2020, 05:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Affirmations - The triggers of the law of attraction - how

Through time man may change but I don't think you can easily fool yourself. Each of us has their own character so to "fight against it" seems absurd no? That character can change through time so you may be able to be a current of positivity if you weren't one.

So, what 'spiritual' logic do you see in affirmations being performed by a pessimist? I think a pessimistic character who doesn't strongly believe in affirmations no matter how hard just can't attract something contradictory to the character. You can have positive wishes, but you vibrate differently.

Also, where is the border between a healthy habit and obsession regarding the process of repeating words that are supposed to trigger and attract.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:06 AM
Lorelyen

None of these things work if you don't believe in them 100%. Trouble is, industries are being built out of waffle on both subjects so it's difficult for many to get at what they're really about.

Once upon a time (LOL) the concept of affirmation was written on a couple of pages; now there are books on it and the original ideas have been lost in a lot of wishy-washy stuff, much of it nonsense. You have to be fairly specific and bring whatever else you can into affirmation - visualisation can be important.

So you have to find ways to believe. Affirmation is about changing something in your life and/or asserting that you'll attract what you want. A good start is to contemplate its benefits. The repetition eventually overrides doubt. And recognising that you won't get results overnight. You just have to keep going until the change manifests. (For me this can be months.) They do work.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:44 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
None of these things work if you don't believe in them 100%.
Exactly!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-12-2022, 11:40 PM
Ascender

You’re right in saying that reality follows self-image. The way you view yourself and the ideas you hold about yourself, are still beliefs in themselves, and as such, will form the experience you have. So a pessimist will hold negative expectations, and this will affect the realities they have, and their experiences of affirmations.

But as with any other kind of belief, that belief system can be changed. A pessimist can create really good experiences for themselves, if they changed their outlook on the world, and their levels of expectations. What it would require would be for someone else to give them an example of affirmations creating reality, and then there would be the proof.

To answer your other question, the difference between healthy habit and obsession, is how it feels. If your habit feels good, then it’s healthy. If you are stressing about it and trying to force affirmations to work, then that is becoming an obsession. You would be sending out a negative vibe and that would affect the effectiveness of them.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:16 AM
Master
#Law Of Attraction

That's exactly what it is "law" so you have to be righteous for LOA to work in your life.
As long as your lawful, righteous and just it will work for you.
It just takes time, patience and persistents depending on what you want to attract into your life.

#LOA lover, utopiandreamchild
Old 04-03-2023, 06:49 PM
Newbie ;)

I practice Secret and law of Attraction and Affirmations for I think 17 years

I think that your thoughts and emotions work and attract 24/7

Affirmation is repeating thoughts to cumulate bigger power of their creative abilities ,to create stronger

I think you dont have to believe in creative power of thoughts and feelings and they will do it always and anyway 24/7 because believing is simply a thought with thinking it is possible so it is also a thought nothing more.

There is no other believeing that thoughts that this is possible

If you affirm something it will work always

Greetings
Marcin
Old 04-03-2023, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
#Law Of Attraction
That's exactly what it is "law" so you have to be righteous for LOA to work in your life.
I would disagree. Just as the sun shines on the criminal and the saint;
the LOA works constantly for everyone ...attracting the pleasant and the unpleasant, around the clock all over the world,
even carrying over into diff lives.
(I say this because of knowing past lives of mine and yikes!)

What is practicing "Secret" ?
Marcin - when you click ''Submit'' Reply ---be sure to click one time only...and wait.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru