Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 01-04-2021, 09:13 AM
asearcher

Hoodoo/Voodooism/vodou

In a past life I practised Hoodoo/Voodooism, spoke native tongue in spell, prays, wore white to ceremony, rituals, danced with naked feet, seen things that could provoke fear, but had a different meaning, saw men and women as worth the same.

It may have been Haiti or the Dominician republic my background was in and in the past from Africa, mixed, colony.

In the past life I recognized an ex boyfriend in this life to be part of that life. We weren't enslaved. I was too part of Catholism or the Christian.

There are things in my own past in this life that has me longing back and triggered things. A thing like always wanting to take baths while in the relationship with the ex, the urge never was as much before . Learn just today that healing baths (herbs) are part of hoodoo/voodooism.
The way I always feel most comfertable going barefoot, dancing barefoot, love the sound or rhythm and drums. How I always have the feeling I had a family and I had the root, shattered, on the go, searching for that unity again.

I think I had a marriage, spiritual, by vodou or official record and we had a child, but life set us in two different directions. I could follow someone with my name (that I had revealed during regression state of mind) living with their child, with a family. I don't think all contact was lost. I don't know if it was during this life time the ex and I found a way to still be in spiritual connection, use other ways than the physical.

In the past life when I began to speak of the native tongue I summoned ancestral spirits for a purpose, and at the time it caught the regressionist off guard, and thought of interupting the process. This is again when I caught on that ancestors and people from it's time long ago, the spirits, mattered much. They were dead, but alive.

The ex boyfriend would say a man painted as a skeleton or looking like a skeleton in the face haunted him. I have seen a man like that. I think it is a voodoo priest, and to me the only feelings are as if this is a brother or father figure or someone with knowledge.

In the times the past life has turned up there has not been a negative thing coming through of the hoodoo/voodooism/vodou teachings.

I have learned that hoodoo/voodooism is an official religion in Haiti.

I have found it difficult to get to understand on depht the traditions, this is because this is something that has been taught from one generation to the next, secluded, and far away, from my own world.

If anyone here wish to share something about it, please do that
Old 08-04-2021, 05:59 PM
Lorelyen

How far in the past are you thinking of? In Haiti Vodou was banned at the behest of the Roman church until Francois Duvalier (Papa Doc) took power in the early 50s. The church supported the slave owners/traders but as you probably know, Doc got in on a populist black vote and approved Vodou.

It has an interesting history. I'm skeptical about the "past life" thing but I've convinced myself that if it has any substance I too reach into Haiti - several recurrent dreams; an intense sympathy with it as a way of life; an easy acceptance of some of its precepts and beliefs. I could be just conning myself. It only emerged after I made a couple of friends from there who came to London coincident with a visit to Haiti courtesy my dad on a business thing.

Have you been there? Perhaps it was a good thing that we were 'protected' because it could be dangerous - I suppose no worse than enclaves of many towns but I wasn't allowed near the Cité Soleil district. Fascinating all the same. I did another visit later with said friends and these are times I'll never forget. They felt an optimistic lot, the Haitians I met, the families, not that I could always understand what they were saying but if you could speak French you'd get the gist of it.

Most people think of Vodou as a religion but really it's more a way of life than just religion.

na wè pita si dyevle!
Old 08-04-2021, 08:02 PM
asearcher

Hi Lorelyen, how very interesting the things/experiences you have had! Thank you for sharing.

Mine dates back in the early 20th century. No, I've never been there, wish I had been, or one day will.

Yes, Na wè – si Dye vle =)
Old 09-04-2021, 05:31 PM
Lorelyen

Nice to be able to talk Vodou in a positive light here.

Many members think of it as evil, having fallen for the hollywood take! Even that arose because of the Roman church putting out propaganda that anything emerging from Africa had to be evil... all part of their way of silencing African faiths ! Hollywood had to capitalise on it.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:38 AM
Experiencer

Vodou is a Haitian religion. Voodoo is the Creole version. Hoodoo is just plain folk magic.

Vodouisants think of themselves as Catholic and they work with saints who intercede on their behalf.

It's similar with Santeria.

They are syncretic religions.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:12 AM
asearcher

Yes, I agree with you.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:13 AM
asearcher

Thank you Glitter Rose, for finally clearing that out, I didn't know =)
Old 10-04-2021, 11:20 AM
Master
asearcher,
I look at them as being an aspect of the 'whole'.

If you dig deep enough, you can find aspect of those beliefs strewn about in other religions..... or is it the other way around?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-05-2021, 06:45 AM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
asearcher,
I look at them as being an aspect of the 'whole'.
Yes, thank you, I agree =)
Old 09-05-2021, 09:10 PM
Master
Sounds interesting... love bare foot too..was in turkey and was going to a beach party with fires ,drums etc went bare foot and fell in the bin drunk..lol sure was picking up past life stuff there while was canting alone the beach before I fell in bin head first..what was ironic that “I did it” lol at least I know how to fall properly... sure was my saying of voodoo all thought native tounges...

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)