Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 07-11-2020, 07:58 PM
Administrator
Hello

Might I ask you, please, exactly what are you are doing, when you channel. Question Asked.......

Read their energy tap into that part of them that is open to on some level view. With permissions is always best but sadly we can all invade and "cold read" others.

Channeling is both with the living and the dead. While most times when you year the term channel you do go to think on the dead and that connection to spirits one would make. When your working with the living the term is more often Psychic Reading but its all one and the same. Its a reading its the tapping into energy that we all have with us.

How deep and how much information we get I so feels seems to be in the hands of a Higher Power at times as we do not always get the replies to questions we seek to find.

What one has to so I so feel when making any connection is take one's personal feelings and views out of the equation to surrender the EGO and to trust in the connection being made outside your owns brain. Now that said this is where intuition and trust in that gut or inner voice comes into play.

Where you learn over time not to "fill in the blanks" but to let those blanks be a part of your message so that the one getting the message can either see where they fill in that blank in understanding things for themselves or open to ask a different question or a question in a different way.

Coming into this life with it all open to me without having to learn how it works more I had to learn why it works, I found it a struggle for a long time to accept being me. Being told at a dark time in life to read a book I was given on Psychic and Medium abilities and being told last chapter to first chapter showed me an understanding on whom I was. I was at last chapter in development just needed the foundation of understandings we do not all come in at that level.

It is a lot in that inner trust, in knowing what to say and how to say it, in being honest, but too also feel when one might be best to temper the reply. Skeletons at times are meant to stay in one's closet. Family secrets at times are just that meant to be a secret as the truth would serve nothing but harm.

Its a fine line one walks in communications and once one opens that door it is a very hard thing to close again. We can all do it but should we all do it ?

I walk in two worlds in life the living and the dead. I communicate in both of them with ease but I too respect that there is role of Karma at play so its a place to be respected.

Lynn
Old 07-11-2020, 09:22 PM
Deactivated Account
[quote=Lynn]Hello
Might I ask you, please, exactly what are you are doing, when you channel. Question Asked.......
Quote:
Read their energy tap into that part of them that is open to on some level view. With permissions is always best but sadly we can all invade and "cold read" others.
That's what I regard as 'psychic reading'.
Quote:
Channeling is both with the living and the dead. While most times when you year the term channel you do go to think on the dead and that connection to spirits one would make. When your working with the living the term is more often Psychic Reading but its all one and the same. Its a reading its the tapping into energy that we all have with us.
Oh I jumped the gun earlier by describing the previous paragraph as such. But if it's all the same thing - incarnates and discarnates alike - I'm confused because the accounts/claims I have read appear to involve only discarnates.
Quote:
How deep and how much information we get I so feels seems to be in the hands of a Higher Power at times as we do not always get the replies to questions we seek to find.
Wouldn't that mostly be influenced by the knowledge of the discarnate with whom you are linking? The more spiritually evolved and knowledgeable the incarnate, the more relevant/detailed the response - I would expect.
Quote:
What one has to so I so feel when making any connection is take one's personal feelings and views out of the equation to surrender the EGO and to trust in the connection being made outside your owns brain. Now that said this is where intuition and trust in that gut or inner voice comes into play.
That's down to mechanism and experience.
Quote:
Where you learn over time not to "fill in the blanks" but to let those blanks be a part of your message so that the one getting the message can either see where they fill in that blank in understanding things for themselves or open to ask a different question or a question in a different way.
Now I'm hearing what good mediumship is. Sadly mediums may interpret the information - or misinterpret it - rather than simply giving what's being given to her/him. That's why the guidance of experienced practitioners is invaluable when developing communication skills.
Quote:
Coming into this life with it all open to me without having to learn how it works more I had to learn why it works, I found it a struggle for a long time to accept being me. Being told at a dark time in life to read a book I was given on Psychic and Medium abilities and being told last chapter to first chapter showed me an understanding on whom I was. I was at last chapter in development just needed the foundation of understandings we do not all come in at that level.
Quote:
It is a lot in that inner trust, in knowing what to say and how to say it, in being honest, but too also feel when one might be best to temper the reply. Skeletons at times are meant to stay in one's closet. Family secrets at times are just that meant to be a secret as the truth would serve nothing but harm.
delivery.
Quote:
Its a fine line one walks in communications and once one opens that door it is a very hard thing to close again. We can all do it but should we all do it ?
It's supposition that all can do it. Whether those who have the necessary attributes to link with dimensions outside of the physical is down to each individual but none are obligated.
Quote:
I walk in two worlds in life the living and the dead. I communicate in both of them with ease but I too respect that there is role of Karma at play so its a place to be respected.Lynn
So is that as a channeler or a medium?
Old 07-11-2020, 10:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have never given it a thought before that a channeler was different than a medium .. boy, am I slow!

Only twice when I was speaking did I get 'taken over' - it was as if I could take a nap on a cot in the back,
so to speak, that was how much I was not there! Ha!

I was just in the background watching from behind my eyes.
I know, weird. Right?

And the faces of the people dropped, cuz they saw it happen, (did my aura get bigger or something?
I bet that was part of it) and then they beamed transfixed, cuz they knew,
'that was not Miss H'.
(I mean the ones that were listening and tuned in.)

So the ques was 'exactly what are you doing'...I was speaking to groups...(oh, about spiritual stuff, not planting
gardens, lol.)

Oh, maybe 3 xs talking to the Theosophical Society.
Not as a 'speaker', tho, I just went and they were in a circle and after awhile I spoke up, shared.
I rem now the head guy said they 'are trained to see auras and we certainly see yours' and were super nice to me afterwards over
refreshments.

Oh, and what am I doing--- I'm watching as my gestures are happening in front of my face; feeling inside as my face is moving and expressing.
Yeah, I was used. But, not like a boyfriend.

Yeah, that was fun!
Nice memories, thanks, Bob.

Adding -- Oh, Speaking or Praying in Tongues - is another odd thing...I couldn't 'make' my mouth say
a thing ...it happens. If 'I' get involved to experiment to make a different syllable, say a 'b-b ba-ba sound'..
I could not do it. What the heck is THAT!

Yes, I agree - that was channeling. And it sounds more like what Jane Roberts was doing, like a trance channel. I am def a conscious channel - well, sort of. I don't remember all the words until I read it back, but I am aware and hearing the words as they come. I once wanted to be a trance channel, then I decided maybe not LOL!

Oh and the speaking in tongues. I have no idea what that is about. I remember going with a friend to a Christian weekend thing when I was a teenager and I remember them encouraging us to try, and I was successful at it, but I still don't know what the heck it was and why is it gibberish :)
Old 07-11-2020, 11:33 PM
Master

Bobjob - Question: "Of course I accept how it works for you but it's not reasonable to say most everyone could learn - at least not to the standard you've achieved."

To put it in a nutshell - this is the "job" I have been given. My job is to show people that they can connect. And maybe to point out ways they can learn, because there are many different ways, and not all fit everyone. But everyone can learn, it is all possible.

When I would ask someone's question to Seth, a lot of the times his answer - through me - was that I was the...hmmm...how did he put it?...the example of what is possible, but if they wanted more information, they had to ask him directly, and he would help them to learn how.

So, it comes down to desire and asking. Anyone can learn. I have proven that to myself, so then I can share that knowing with others. People call it being psychic, and that is accurate, to a degree, you have to call it something. But I don't remember a time when I ever was that I knew about, until someone told me I was. So I guess my job, my gift, is to tell people, you are a channel. It is ok. I've been there, the water is fine (to quote Seth LOL).

And I will say if someone doesn't have the desire to learn, then they don't. At this point in time. They may decide to change that in their future and they can.
But because we are all consciousness having a human experience, and we are not our bodies, we all channel, we just don't know that is what we are doing. Until we do. Call it gut instinct, intuition, we all have it. Channeling is just a way of learning how to do it deliberately is all.

Oh, and Michael Jackson. Well, sometimes I can't help myself LOL. It occured to me one day that I could ask Michael to channel a song with me. I have no clue why, it just sounded like fun. And I wanted to see if I could connect. What came through was him singing to me, songs I had never heard before. I wrote down the words, but unfortunately for me, I couldn't remember the tune. But I had a lovely time with him.

I don't want to be a medium and yes it creeps me out - I had a dream once where I followed a young man up some stairs and I knew it wasn't going to be a happy outcome, and I couldn't get out of the dream. When I first started to learn to channel, I thought, wow I wonder if I could help the police find people, or something along those lines. After that dream, I decided I wasn't ready for all that emotion. To be a medium is to travel down roads of emotion I don't want to travel on. Which is why I respect them, for they are truly the bravest of souls.

Channeling is much safer, because I control when I connect and who I connect to. I like control :)
Old 07-11-2020, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
So, it comes down to desire and asking.
This is one - one of the most wise and informative teaching statements.
Anyone reading this - really absorb this.
Ask the Universe, Krishna, Jesus, God...
Desire is the driving force. I have written about this often.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-11-2020, 07:55 AM
Deactivated Account
I hope you won't mind my returning to your earlier posting? I'm enjoying hearing your experiences and I hope you'll appreciate my responses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have never given it a thought before that a channeler was different than a medium .. boy, am I slow!Only twice when I was speaking did I get 'taken over' - it was as if I could take a nap on a cot in the back, so to speak, that was how much I was not there! Ha!I was just in the background watching from behind my eyes.I know, weird. Right?
Actually, no, not weird at all but perhaps unfamiliar to many. What you've described above I would term 'light trance mediumship'.
Quote:
And the faces of the people dropped, cuz they saw it happen, (did my aura get bigger or something?
I bet that was part of it) and then they beamed transfixed, cuz they knew,
'that was not Miss H'.(I mean the ones that were listening and tuned in.)
It's always interesting to observe and listen to an entranced medium - even if that medium calls herself a 'channel'!
Quote:
So the ques was 'exactly what are you doing'...I was speaking to groups...(oh, about spiritual stuff, not plantinggardens, lol.) Oh, maybe 3 xs talking to the Theosophical Society.Not as a 'speaker', tho, I just went and they were in a circle and after awhile I spoke up, shared. I rem now the head guy said they 'are trained to see auras and we certainly see yours' and were super nice to me afterwards over COLOR=Black]refreshments. [/color]
That's a classic tale of a sensitive being taken over temporarily by a spirit to deliver guidance for others - mediumship. Viewing and understanding auras is a part of mediumship development.
Quote:
Oh, and what am I doing--- I'm watching as my gestures are happening in front of my face; feeling inside as my face is moving and expressing.Yeah, I was used. But, not like a boyfriend.Yeah, that was fun!Nice memories, thanks, Bob.
I'm glad it brought back good memories and, of course, allowed me material to work with - interesting how being prompted to recall stuff works, eh?
Quote:
Adding -- Oh, Speaking or Praying in Tongues - is another odd thing...I couldn't 'make' my mouth say
a thing ...it happens. If 'I' get involved to experiment to make a different syllable, say a 'b-b ba-ba sound'..I could not do it. What the heck is THAT!
What the heck is that, you ask? It's light trance.....
Old 08-11-2020, 09:01 AM
Deactivated Account
i hope you'll accept my further observations in the spirit of progressing the thread topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Bobjob - Question: "Of course I accept how it works for you but it's not reasonable to say most everyone could learn - at least not to the standard you've achieved."
Quote:
To put it in a nutshell - this is the "job" I have been given. My job is to show people that they can connect. And maybe to point out ways they can learn, because there are many different ways, and not all fit everyone.
That's a very nice, rewarding task you've been given.
Quote:
But everyone can learn, it is all possible.

It's a possibility but can't be proven.
Quote:
When I would ask someone's question to Seth, a lot of the times his answer - through me - was that I was the...hmmm...how did he put it?...the example of what is possible, but if they wanted more information, they had to ask him directly, and he would help them to learn how.
I don't know what questions you asked but may I respectfully ask how you knew the response you got was actually from Seth?
Quote:
So, it comes down to desire and asking. Anyone can learn.
Certainly wanting to understand is the key and asking the right questions of the right person can be a huge help to one's learning.
Quote:
I have proven that to myself, so then I can share that knowing with others.
It's good to share knowledge.
Quote:
People call it being psychic, and that is accurate, to a degree, you have to call it something. But I don't remember a time when I ever was that I knew about, until someone told me I was. So I guess my job, my gift, is to tell people, you are a channel. It is ok. I've been there, the water is fine (to quote Seth LOL).
It's said we're all psychic to some degree but some are more highly attuned, more psychically sensitive. Understandably you're sensitive to psychic awareness in others but not all will necessarily enjoy a level of psychic awareness similar to to your own.
Quote:
And I will say if someone doesn't have the desire to learn, then they don't. At this point in time. They may decide to change that in their future and they can.
absolutely
Quote:
But because we are all consciousness having a human experience, and we are not our bodies, we all channel, we just don't know that is what we are doing. Until we do. Call it gut instinct, intuition, we all have it. Channeling is just a way of learning how to do it deliberately is all.
This is where the word 'channel' (or 'channeling') gets vague and muddied. You're linking a single word to very different situations.
Quote:
Oh, and Michael Jackson. Well, sometimes I can't help myself LOL. It occured to me one day that I could ask Michael to channel a song with me. I have no clue why, it just sounded like fun. And I wanted to see if I could connect. What came through was him singing to me, songs I had never heard before. I wrote down the words, but unfortunately for me, I couldn't remember the tune. But I had a lovely time with him.
I'm not wanting to spoil your fun but I have reservations concerning the general principle of trying to contact specific discarnates. When you throw out such a request, how can you be certain a response is from the individual you wanted to hear from? In your case it was just fun but what of serious requests - how can one be sure who is replying? How authoritative their ideas might be?
Quote:
I don't want to be a medium and yes it creeps me out....
Fair comment but may I respectfully ask what you think a medium is?
Quote:
- I had a dream once where I followed a young man up some stairs and I knew it wasn't going to be a happy outcome, and I couldn't get out of the dream.
That was just a dream though.....
Quote:
When I first started to learn to channel, I thought, wow I wonder if I could help the police find people, or something along those lines. After that dream, I decided I wasn't ready for all that emotion.
Fair comment but that's a specialised version of mediumship and not particularly common.
Quote:
To be a medium is to travel down roads of emotion I don't want to travel on. Which is why I respect them, for they are truly the bravest of souls.
That, too, is fair comment and the role for certain mediums can be demanding. Others are infinitely rewarded being able to give help and reassurance, however. But none is forced to do it.
Quote:
Channeling is much safer, because I control when I connect and who I connect to. I like control :)
Old 08-11-2020, 12:51 PM
Re:Speaking in Tongues, Bobjob:"What the heck is that, you ask? It's light trance....."

Of course, I wouldn't know what trance even means, let alone a light one. Ha! (Not one for labels much , as I said)
Doesn't feel like a trance.
Funny story - I often will pray in tongues while driving to a big event - Gallery openings are typical for me,
being an artist, known in my city - many things in classy restaurants for example...
means strangers come up to me, drink in hand ...
and after praying in tongues in my car before hand ---I have found I am
amazingly clear, 'on' and witty ... it's so much more fun!
So, I do it all the time now - like for 3 minutes it seems.

I think that's weird!

(I wonder if a Charismatic Christian, which I used to be, would judge me for that ...ha!)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-11-2020, 02:14 PM
Master

"When I would ask someone's question to Seth, a lot of the times his answer - through me - was that I was the...hmmm...how did he put it?...the example of what is possible, but if they wanted more information, they had to ask him directly, and he would help them to learn how."

Bobjob: Question: I don't know what questions you asked but may I respectfully ask how you knew the response you got was actually from Seth?

Seth, may I just say you are such a problem for me sometimes. (I hear him laughing - well, not actual laughing, I get the feeling of humor)

I find it interesting that most people don't blink when I say I am channeling, say Jesus, or God, (although you are one of the ones that question that ) but the minute I post a channeling from Seth, I get harrassed about him. I have learned to laugh about it, most of the time, because really, I find it funny in the big picture of things. There is no way to prove imperically (is that a word?) that I am channeling anybody but myself at any point in time.

I will post a channeling in the channeled messages section for you. An answer from Seth on this very question, to a member of the original Seth group (the ones that witnessed Jane channeling Seth). The first part is for me, trying to get into my channeling space, and the 2nd part that starts "This is for you and no other" I gave to them, to do with what they would. The entire thing took about 30 minutes, because I had to get ready to go to work and I had just read a message and had the urge to respond. However my husband kept coming in and out of the room and I didn't want to be rude and tell him he couldn't because he was getting ready for work, so when I channeled it, I kept disconnecting and had to reconnect, but it came easily and quickly, I posted it then let it go. I will say I find it a bit fascinating. I have never asked him that question for someone else, and someone who "knew" him.

I have had a few interactions with that group over the years, and I had a lovely offer once from a lovely man who has the rocking chair that Jane channeled Seth in. He genuinely offered me her chair. That was so sweet. I turned him down, because - wow I so felt that I was not worthy of such a thing - but it was a lovely offer, and it still makes me feel good when I think about it. However, everyone else in the group thinks I'm crazy, and I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter to me what they think, but it took me quite a few years to get to that point. No matter what they think, I will still play with Seth, the Seth I have grown to know and love. Seth taught me how to channel. And I will be forever grateful. We have a unique and wonderful relationship and he is much more than just a friend.

In order for me to be ok with being a channel, or to "medium", or whatever you would call it, once I was in the thick of it, I came to a decision that I was crazy. I mean, really, who was I kidding? I had a crisis of epic proportions. On the one hand, I convinced myself I'm crazy, but yet I didn't believe my daughters were, and they channel. So I shut it down for 3 days. The most boring 3 days of my life. I was in the thick of it, playing with the Sky, until I decided I was crazy. Maybe it only happened to me, maybe it happens to all who channel, but at some point, you have to face your belief system. I grew up in the belief system that people that hear voices are crazy. I had forgotten that, when I set about learning to channel. It was an old belief, given to me when I was young, and I had quite forgotten about it. Until I didn't. So for 3 days I shut it down.

It proved to me that I can shut it down anytime I want. And that proved to me that I wasn't "crazy" but that I was, in a way. You have to accept that some people will think you are crazy for doing this, for believing in it. And you have to be ok with that. So call me crazy.

I will say, for me personally, how I know I am channeling Seth is his voice. I met Seth in a book store, with my arms full of Abraham Hicks and others. I was turning away to check out, and his book caught my eye. I bent down to see if it was "that Seth" - the one Abraham says that Jerry and Esther read to each other in the beginnings of Abraham, and picked it up and read the back. The back creeped me out - it had this horrid picture of Jane channeling Seth - so I put it back on its shelf and turned and ... about half way down the aisle I had the thought - my daughter would love that book! I was on vacation, I could buy her a souvenir. With no more hesitation I turned back and grabbed it. I started reading it in the parking lot. A lot of people I had read comments from about Seth say the same thing. He jumped out at them when they were in a book store, so I am not alone. The Title of his book is very important. Seth Speaks. Basically it is saying, Seth Speaks to me, because that is where I found him, in between the sentences of his book. He spoke to me while I was reading his book. I didn't catch it right away, it was a paragraph or two later when I stopped and thought, what did I just hear?

But because I learned about Seth from his book, whenever I read a book - and I can't speak for anyone else, I hear the author voice. Or my mind turns on that "author" voice. It is not my voice I hear when I read that book, it is my version of Seth's author voice. It is quite unlike any other "author" voice I have made up in my head. I hope you know what I mean.

Imagine my utter surprise the first time I heard Jane channel Seth. I couldn't even understand most of what she was saying. It took me a lot of trying over several months of listening to Jane speak, and reading the transcript, before I could comfortably listen to it and understand most of the words without the transcript.

That is not the voice I hear when I channel Seth. I hear Seth's "author" voice, the one I made up in my head? Did I make it up? I don't know, but that's the voice I hear when I channel him. When I channel some"one" else, I don't hear that voice.

Now, sometimes I get a group voice when Seth and Abraham channel together, and I usually don't know it is the "two" of them, but after I read it back, I can hear both of them in the message.

When I channel Abraham, I hear Esther's Abraham voice.

I don't know....... to quote my granddaughter :)
Old 08-11-2020, 02:42 PM
Smile

Wow, Nameless that was fun to read...You are being very forthcoming.

My best friend of over 4 decades read Seth's book in their proper order.
And is very proud of her diligence.
This was when I told her about Abraham - but someone else said - Nope, read Seth, he was deeper, more info,
more profound than Abraham.
(Not putting Abraham down.)

Interactions with Jane's group - cool...and why not, ha!
The chair story....sweet!
I will say here -your recent reading for me was fabulous, fabulous from Abraham!!!

I will say here - I never have questions. Period. I don't feel confused about things!
BUT - my Catholic issues reared their head when I felt to 'just drop, drift away' from 3 friends
that are reckless concerning this Coronavirus and wanted me to be like them and were a bit condescending,
(I was stupid, naive, I felt they meant),
that I was buying into the lies re Dr. Fauci, masks, etc.

Abraham cleared that all up...and of course, don't we really know the answer to things inside?

Yes. But clarity from another source helps ... the I Ching, Tarot Cards, a psychic , Seth, a therapist to clear away the dust ----whatever.
Thank you Nameless,